Book I: March Violets, Chapters 1-9
1. What is Nazi Germany's capital city of Berlin preparing for in Book 1?
(c) Cold War.
2. What is Bernhard Gunther most concerned about losing in Book 1?
(a) His secretary, Dagmarr Lehman.
(b) His lover, Grete Six.
(c) His house in Berlin.
(d) His job as a reporter.
3. Who is the wealthy German industrialist that needs Gunther's services as a private investigator?
(a) Dagmarr Lehman.
(b) Doktor Hermann Six.
(c) Paul Pfarr.
(d) Frau Schmidt.
4. Who is the lawyer working for the Department of the Interior who was murdered, which Gunther is asked to investigate?
(a) Doktor Hermann Six.
(b) Paul Pfarr.
(c) Frau Schmidt.
(d) Dagmarr Lehman.
5. When the safe was ransacked, what valuable possession was taken out of the lawyer's home?
(a) A golden chain.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pair of emerald earrings.
(d) A ring.
6. What does the industrialist offer Gunther that encourages him to start work immediately?
(a) A big fee.
(b) His support.
(c) Access to his files.
(d) A car.
This section contains 4,190 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)