|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Shirer on September 16, 1940?
(a) In London.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In Prague.
(d) In Geneva.
2. When did Shirer return to Berlin after the armistice signature between France and Germany?
(a) June 27, 1940.
(b) June 28, 1940.
(c) July 27, 1940.
(d) June 27, 1941.
3. What did Shirer say Hitler would not be able to do even if he won the war?
(a) Convince the Russians not to attack him.
(b) Set up an effective food rationing system.
(c) Win over the Russians.
(d) Reorganize Europe.
4. What right did the broadcaster have regarding censorship?
(a) To leave the country.
(b) To broadcast what they wanted.
(c) They had the right to decline to broadcast.
(d) To have forwards saying that it was censored.
5. When were Hitler's plans for the new order revealed?
(a) August 25, 1940.
(b) July 25, 1941.
(c) July 26, 1940.
(d) July 25, 1940.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Shirer return to Berlin?
2. Where did Shirer return after the armistice signature between France and Germany?
3. What shortage did Shirer describe as being worse than ever?
4. When were the Germans entering Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg?
5. When did Hitler offer peace to Britain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What countries did Germany invade on May 10 and how did Germans justify the invasion?
2. What happened between March 13 and March 17?
3. What did many journalists do in Belgium?
4. What did Shirer feel about the British?
5. Who did Shirer interview in Part II, pgs. 369-409 and what did Shirer notice?
6. Who signed the military pact on September 27 according to Part II, pgs. 532-575 and what did Shirer feel about Hitler's ability?
7. What happened to the public schools in Berlin as of February according to Part II, pgs. 289-330?
8. What did Shirer wonder about himself?
9. What happened to the dismay of the Germans on November 6?
10. What do Tess and Eileen do on October 23?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)