|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What general did Shirer interview on January 8, 1940?
(c) Ernt Udet.
2. Where did Shirer say the Poles were still fighting after the surrender of their government?
3. Who did Shirer start to work for on October 1, 1937?
4. When was Shirer in Paris according to Part I?
(a) February 1934.
(b) February 1935.
(c) January 1934.
(d) August 1934.
5. What did Hitler deny after presenting his plan to have Germany self-sufficient in raw materials?
(a) That it was for the good of the German people.
(b) That it was a war plan.
(c) That it was a peace plan.
(d) That he was building long highways.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Shirer say Hitler met with in February 1938?
2. What concerned country was not included in the talks about the Czech situation?
3. What treaty did Hitler disregard in March 1936?
4. Who did Shirer say met in London on July 14?
5. Where did William Shirer spend the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hitler say in his speech on September 17 according to Part II, pgs. 207-248?
2. What did the Shirers and Knickerbockers do in June?
3. What did Roosevelt ask Congress?
4. Where did Shirer travel on February 12?
5. What made the German people realize how close the war was?
6. What did Shirer inform the Germans of?
7. What happened to a large portion of the Polish population by the end of January?
8. What happened on November 7 and 8?
9. What happened on September 1, 1939?
10. Why did Shirer have to hire other reporters?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)