|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Shirers and Knickerbockers vacation in June 1936?
2. What did Shirer find out about the American people upon arrival?
(a) They supported Hitler.
(b) They hated Stalin.
(c) They didn't want to know about Europe.
(d) They did not think that war was coming.
3. Who did Shirer say Hitler met with in February 1938?
4. Where did Tess Shirer leave for in September 1938?
5. Who did Hitler attack at the start of Part II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shirer quote to say that Hitler was preparing for war?
2. How much of the German population supported Hitler breaking the treaty in March 1936?
3. Who did Shirer say met in London on July 14?
4. Where did the France/Germany/England meeting of September 1938 take place?
5. What percentage of the Austrian voters voted to join the Reich on April 10, 1938?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Shirer travel on February 12?
2. What happened on November 7 and 8?
3. What happened to the Shirers at the beginning of Part I, pgs. 83-124?
4. What was announced at a press conference on March 16 and what did people wonder?
5. What did the Czechoslovakian government claim in Part I, pgs. 125-165 and what did Shirer do?
6. What did war correspondents discuss in August in Berlin according to Part I, pgs. 165-206?
7. What did Shirer work on while Tess and Eileen were in America?
8. What happened on September 1, 1939?
9. What happened on April 10, 1938?
10. In Part I, pgs. 44-83, what did Hitler disregard and what argument was made?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)