|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Shirer say the last military action took place in Part II, pgs. 248-289?
(a) 19 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 4 months.
2. Where would Shirer be based with his new employer?
3. When was Shirer in Paris according to Part I?
(a) February 1934.
(b) August 1934.
(c) February 1935.
(d) January 1934.
4. Who offered to mediate peace talks between Germany, France and England?
(b) The United States.
(d) Holland and Belgium.
5. What did Shirer say continued in Germany in Part II, pgs.248-289?
(a) Massing troops on the French border.
(b) The military build-up.
(c) The building of concentration camps.
(d) Execution of traitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did William Shirer spend the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
2. When was Shirer offered a position in Berlin?
3. Over what nation did Mussolini triumph in May 1936?
4. When did Shirer first see Hitler?
5. When did the Graf Spee sink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Shirer do on January 8, 1940?
2. What did the Shirers and Knickerbockers do in June?
3. What did the author spend a year doing at the start of the Berlin Diary, Part I, pgs. 4-44?
4. What happened on December 10 and why was this significant?
5. Why couldn't Shirer work in Austria and what did Tess do?
6. What did Hitler say in his speech on September 17 according to Part II, pgs. 207-248?
7. What happened on April 10, 1938?
8. What happened when Shirer returned home to Geneva and what arrangement did Murrow make according to Part II, pgs. 248-289?
9. What did Roosevelt ask Congress?
10. What happened on November 7 and 8?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)