|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did General von Reichenau command on May 20, 1940?
(a) Germany's 5th army.
(b) Germany's 7th army.
(c) Germany's 6th army.
(d) Germany's 2nd army.
2. Where did Shirer say he and other journalists were flown to on August 4, 1940?
3. What countries did Tess make plans to leave Germany through?
(a) France and Morocco.
(c) Spain and Portugal.
4. Where was General von Reichenau's command headquarters on May 20, 1940?
(a) In an underground bunker.
(b) In a tank.
(c) In an air field.
(d) In a country chateau.
5. When did Hitler offer peace to Britain?
(a) July 15, 1941.
(b) June 15, 1940.
(c) July 19, 1940.
(d) July 15, 1940.
6. Where did Shirer want Tess and Eileen to go following Germany's move against the Benelux countries?
(a) To Spain.
(b) To America.
(c) To France.
(d) To Switzerland.
7. When did the German press announce that the troops were ready to attack Britain according to Part II, pgs. 451-492?
(a) July 15, 1940.
(b) July 16, 1940.
(c) July 18, 1940.
(d) July 17, 1940.
8. When did the Dutch army surrender to the Germans?
(a) May 14, 1940.
(b) May 4, 1940.
(c) May 14, 1939.
(d) May 14, 1941.
9. What strain did Shirer say began to take a toll on the German people?
(a) Lack of coal.
(b) Lack of food.
(c) Lack of oil.
(d) Lack of sleep because of the bombing.
10. Where was Shirer on September 16, 1940?
(a) In London.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In Geneva.
(d) In Prague.
11. Who signed a peace agreement on March 13, 1949?
(a) Russia and Finland.
(b) France and Italy.
(c) England and Germany.
(d) France and Russia.
12. When were Tess and Eileen supposed to leave for the Americas according to Part II, pgs. 532-575?
(a) End of September.
(c) End of October.
(d) Start of October.
13. When were Norway and Denmark invaded?
(a) April 9, 1940.
(b) April 19, 1940.
(c) June 9, 1940.
(d) April 9, 1941.
14. When was Geneva bombed according to Shirer?
(a) May 12, 1940.
(b) June 10, 1940.
(c) June 12, 1941.
(d) June 12, 1940.
15. Why were the Dutch and Belgian troops not trying to slow down the German army?
(a) They were overwlemed too quickly.
(b) They were poorly commanded.
(c) They were poorly trained.
(d) They were pro-Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Shirer say a victory parade was held in Berlin after the victory against the France?
2. When did Britain give its answer to Hitler's peace offering?
3. When did Shirer return to Berlin?
4. Who removed time bombs according to Shirer in Part II, pgs. 492-552?
5. What did Shirer say many of the journalists did in Belgium?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)