|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was stationed at Kiel and Hamburg?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) Prisoners of war camps.
(c) The German Fleet.
(d) The German army.
2. What percentage of the Austrian voters voted to join the Reich on April 10, 1938?
3. What French prime minister resigned after the demonstration Shirer described in Part I, pgs. 4-44?
(d) De Gaulle.
4. What did Shirer say continued in Germany in Part II, pgs.248-289?
(a) Massing troops on the French border.
(b) The military build-up.
(c) Execution of traitors.
(d) The building of concentration camps.
5. Where did Shirer meet Murrow on January 18, 1940?
6. Where did William Shirer spend the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
7. What did most of the correspondents at the Taverne feel that the French could do in March 1936 according to Shirer?
(a) They could depose Hitler.
(b) They could stop Hitler in Switzerland.
(c) They could invade Germany.
(d) They could stop Hitler in Rhineland.
8. Who did Hitler attack at the start of Part II?
9. Who offered to mediate peace talks between Germany, France and England?
(b) The United States.
(d) Holland and Belgium.
10. How long ago did Shirer say the last military action took place in Part II, pgs. 248-289?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 19 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
11. Where would Shirer be based with his new employer?
12. What general did Shirer interview on January 8, 1940?
(d) Ernt Udet.
13. What did Shirer quote to say that Hitler was preparing for war?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Hitler's speeches.
(c) The Nazi Party journals.
(d) Mein Kampf.
14. What treaty did Hitler disregard in March 1936?
(a) Rhur Treaty.
(b) Locarno Treaty.
(c) Saar Treaty.
15. When did Hitler review his troops in Warsaw?
(a) October 6, 1939.
(b) October 5, 1939.
(c) October 5, 1940.
(d) June 5, 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did William Shirer spend the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
2. What did Hitler demand in a speech on September 12, 1938 according to Part I, pgs. 125-165?
3. Where did the Shirers and Knickerbockers vacation in June 1936?
4. What city did Shirer go to after Danzig?
5. Who does Shirer say came to him for help in going to England or America?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)