|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Shirer meet in Paris on October 8, 1938?
(d) De Gaulle.
2. What did Shirer say continued in Germany in Part II, pgs.248-289?
(a) The building of concentration camps.
(b) The military build-up.
(c) Massing troops on the French border.
(d) Execution of traitors.
3. What did Shirer say Hitler spoke of to foreign leaders when they visited?
(c) Food supply.
(d) Germany's highways.
4. Where did Shirer meet Murrow on January 18, 1940?
5. Where was Danzig in 1939?
6. Who did Shirer say Hitler met with in February 1938?
7. Who did Shirer say met in London on July 14?
(a) Murrow and the European staff.
(b) His wife.
(c) His parents.
8. What French prime minister resigned after the demonstration Shirer described in Part I, pgs. 4-44?
(d) De Gaulle.
9. What was stationed at Kiel and Hamburg?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) The German Fleet.
(c) The German army.
(d) Prisoners of war camps.
10. Where did Shirer say the Poles were still fighting after the surrender of their government?
11. What percentage of the Austrian voters voted to join the Reich on April 10, 1938?
12. Who did Shirer say was refused entry by the secret police?
(a) Kassy Herkel.
(c) Hans Kaltenborn.
(d) John Delerte.
13. What did Shirer cover on February 1936 according to Part I, pgs. 44-83?
(a) The Summer Olympics.
(b) The 3rd communist party congress.
(c) The Winter Olympics.
(d) Hitler's oath of office.
14. Where did Hitler give his speech after the surrender of the Poles?
15. Who was the Austrian president in February 1938?
(a) Johann Schobe.
(b) Kurt Waldheim.
(d) Heinz Fischer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Shirer stay in Czechoslovakia after Hitler's demands?
2. What happened at the demonstration Shirer covered at the Place de la Concorde?
3. What did the Czech government reply to Hitler's demands?
4. What did Hitler deny after presenting his plan to have Germany self-sufficient in raw materials?
5. Why were the Shirers happy to leave Germany?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)