|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Shirer offered a position in Berlin?
(a) August 9, 1934.
(b) September 9, 1934.
(c) October 9, 1934.
(d) August 19, 1935.
2. Who did Shirer say was refused entry by the secret police?
(a) Kassy Herkel.
(b) Hans Kaltenborn.
(c) John Delerte.
3. What happened at the demonstration Shirer covered at the Place de la Concorde?
(a) It distributed Nazi propaganda.
(b) It turned violent.
(c) It moved from Place de la Concorde to the prime minister's office.
(d) It dispersed quickly.
4. What did Shirer say Hitler spoke of to foreign leaders when they visited?
(a) Germany's highways.
(b) Food supply.
5. How long ago did Shirer say the last military action took place in Part II, pgs. 248-289?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 19 weeks.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 months.
6. What was Shirer's first assignment with his new employer in 1937?
(a) Hitler's speech in Munich.
(b) The Power Conference in Brussels.
(c) France's presidential election.
(d) Russia's military purge.
7. Where did Shirer spend Christmas in 1939?
8. Where was Danzig in 1939?
9. Until when did Shirer say Hitler would continue the war?
(a) France apologized.
(b) Russia was defeated.
(c) As long as France and England continued the war.
(d) Germany was given a seat at the society of nations.
10. Who did Shirer say met in London on July 14?
(a) His wife.
(c) His parents.
(d) Murrow and the European staff.
11. When did the rationing of food in Germany start?
(a) End of August 1939.
(b) End of June 1939.
(c) End of August 1940.
(d) Start of August 1939.
12. Where did Shirer return on December 1, 1939?
13. What was Shirer's daughter's name?
14. Where was Shirer on December 10, 1939?
15. Who does Shirer say came to him for help in going to England or America?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did William Shirer spend the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
2. Where did Tess Shirer stay to await the birth of their first child?
3. Where was the Royal Oak battleship when it was sunk by a German U-boat?
4. When did Shirer return to Geneva?
5. Who did Shirer say Hitler met with in February 1938?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)