|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Shirer arrive in Danzig?
(a) August 11, 1939.
(b) August 11, 1940.
(c) August 1, 1939.
(d) June 11, 1939.
2. When did the Italians enter Albania according to Shirer?
(a) April 7, 1940.
(b) March 7, 1939.
(c) April 7, 1939.
(d) April 17, 1939.
3. Where did Shirer return on December 1, 1939?
4. What did Shirer say he had to have approved by the German censors before broadcast in May 1937?
(a) His coverage of worker's day.
(b) Hitler's speech coverage.
(c) His concentration camp coverage.
(d) His Hindenburg crash coverage.
5. Where did Shirer say the Poles were still fighting after the surrender of their government?
6. Who did Germany take off the air on October 19, 1939?
(c) NBC and CBS.
7. Where did Tess Shirer stay to await the birth of their first child?
(a) The Alps.
(d) The Riviera.
8. Where did Tess Shirer leave for in September 1938?
9. What French prime minister resigned after the demonstration Shirer described in Part I, pgs. 4-44?
(c) De Gaulle.
10. Why did Shirer stay in Czechoslovakia after Hitler's demands?
(a) To attend a Communist conference.
(b) For the food.
(c) To see if there would be a war.
(d) To visit.
11. Until when did Shirer say Hitler would continue the war?
(a) Germany was given a seat at the society of nations.
(b) Russia was defeated.
(c) As long as France and England continued the war.
(d) France apologized.
12. What city did Shirer go to after Danzig?
13. Where was the Royal Oak battleship when it was sunk by a German U-boat?
(a) The Falkland.
(b) Scapa Flow.
(c) The Atlantic.
(d) The Mediteranean.
14. Where did the Shirers and Knickerbockers vacation in June 1936?
15. What percentage of the Austrian voters voted to join the Reich on April 10, 1938?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Tess Shirer return to Germany according to Part I, pgs. 83-124?
2. What did Shirer say continued in Germany in Part II, pgs.248-289?
3. What happened at the demonstration Shirer covered at the Place de la Concorde?
4. How did Shirer describe the life in Berlin one week after the start of the war in Part II?
5. What was Shirer's first assignment with his new employer in 1937?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)