|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, pgs. 369-409.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was stationed at Kiel and Hamburg?
(a) The German Fleet.
(b) The Luftwaffe.
(c) The German army.
(d) Prisoners of war camps.
2. What did Hitler demand in a speech on September 12, 1938 according to Part I, pgs. 125-165?
(a) Self-determination for the Studentens.
(b) Half of Poland.
(c) The right to build battleships.
(d) The right to form an air army.
3. Where was Shirer in the start of Part I pg.165-206?
4. What was Shirer's daughter's name?
5. What prevented many German public schools from opening according to Shirer?
(a) Lack of oil.
(b) Lack of coal.
(c) The arrest of Jewish teachers.
(d) The draft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Germany's main supplier of iron in 1940?
2. What did Shirer say Hitler spoke of to foreign leaders when they visited?
3. When did the Germans start bombing the Stromness and Kinkwall bases?
4. What did the Russians do on December 1, 1939?
5. What city did Shirer go to after Danzig?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)