|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, pgs. 248-289.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the rationing of food in Germany start?
(a) End of June 1939.
(b) End of August 1939.
(c) Start of August 1939.
(d) End of August 1940.
2. What was Shirer's first assignment with his new employer in 1937?
(a) Russia's military purge.
(b) France's presidential election.
(c) The Power Conference in Brussels.
(d) Hitler's speech in Munich.
3. Who was the Austrian president in February 1938?
(a) Heinz Fischer.
(b) Johann Schobe.
(d) Kurt Waldheim.
4. Where did Hitler give his speech after the surrender of the Poles?
5. What did Shirer have to do during his first assignment for his new employer in 1937?
(a) Hire a better voice.
(b) Stay at the back of the room.
(c) Hire other reporters.
(d) Take his own photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Shirer say met in London on July 14?
2. Where was Murrow on December 10, 1939?
3. What did the Czech government reply to Hitler's demands?
4. When did the Graf Spee sink?
5. What was Shirer's daughter's name?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)