|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, pgs. 248-289.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the correspondents at the Taverne feel that the French could do in March 1936 according to Shirer?
(a) They could stop Hitler in Switzerland.
(b) They could stop Hitler in Rhineland.
(c) They could depose Hitler.
(d) They could invade Germany.
2. What did the Czech government reply to Hitler's demands?
(a) They would appoint a Nazi prime minister.
(b) They would fight if invaded.
(c) They would give him what he wanted.
(d) They would grant the Nazi party Parliament representation.
3. Who did Hitler meet with in September 1938 to talk about the Czech situation?
(d) De Gaulle.
4. Who returned to Berlin in August 1939?
(a) Shirer's wife.
(d) Murrow and other correspondents.
5. Where did Tess Shirer stay to await the birth of their first child?
(a) The Riviera.
(b) The Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shirer find out about the American people upon arrival?
2. Where did William Shirer spend the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
3. What did Czechoslovakia refuse to do after the British/Germany meeting in September 1938?
4. Who was the Austrian president in February 1938?
5. When did the Graf Spee sink?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)