|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, pgs. 248-289.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Czech government reply to Hitler's demands?
(a) They would grant the Nazi party Parliament representation.
(b) They would appoint a Nazi prime minister.
(c) They would give him what he wanted.
(d) They would fight if invaded.
2. What did Shirer cover on February 1936 according to Part I, pgs. 44-83?
(a) The 3rd communist party congress.
(b) The Summer Olympics.
(c) Hitler's oath of office.
(d) The Winter Olympics.
3. How did Shirer describe the life in Berlin one week after the start of the war in Part II?
(b) In hiding.
4. Who was the Austrian president in February 1938?
(a) Johann Schobe.
(b) Kurt Waldheim.
(c) Heinz Fischer.
5. Who did Hitler attack at the start of Part II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Nazis fight the Heimsehr?
2. What did Shirer say continued in Germany in Part II, pgs.248-289?
3. Where did Shirer say the Poles were still fighting after the surrender of their government?
4. Where did William Shirer spend the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
5. When did the rationing of food in Germany start?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)