|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, pgs. 248-289.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shirer find out about the American people upon arrival?
(a) They didn't want to know about Europe.
(b) They supported Hitler.
(c) They did not think that war was coming.
(d) They hated Stalin.
2. Where did the Nazis fight the Heimsehr?
(a) In Britain.
(b) In Austria.
(c) In France.
(d) In Germany.
3. With whom did William Shirer spend the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
(a) His colleagues.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
4. Who did the German propaganda say threatened the Reich in August 1939?
5. What percentage of the Austrian voters voted to join the Reich on April 10, 1938?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Shirer in Paris according to Part I?
2. When was Shirer offered a position in Berlin?
3. How did Shirer describe the life in Berlin one week after the start of the war in Part II?
4. How much of the German population supported Hitler breaking the treaty in March 1936?
5. How did William Shirer go to America in June 1939?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)