|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, pgs. 83-124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Shirer say Hitler met with in February 1938?
2. When was Shirer offered a position in Berlin?
(a) October 9, 1934.
(b) September 9, 1934.
(c) August 9, 1934.
(d) August 19, 1935.
3. What treaty did Hitler disregard in March 1936?
(b) Locarno Treaty.
(c) Saar Treaty.
(d) Rhur Treaty.
4. What information did Shirer say was forbidden to broadcast in March 11-12, 1938?
(a) The Nazis opened fire on a peaceful protest.
(b) The Nazis were in power in Austria.
(c) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
(d) Hitler opened the first concentration port.
5. What did most of the correspondents at the Taverne feel that the French could do in March 1936 according to Shirer?
(a) They could depose Hitler.
(b) They could stop Hitler in Switzerland.
(c) They could stop Hitler in Rhineland.
(d) They could invade Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Shirer's first assignment with his new employer in 1937?
2. What area did Hitler occupy in March 1936?
3. What French prime minister resigned after the demonstration Shirer described in Part I, pgs. 4-44?
4. Over what nation did Mussolini triumph in May 1936?
5. What did Shirer quote to say that Hitler was preparing for war?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)