|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, pgs. 83-124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shirer quote to say that Hitler was preparing for war?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) The Nazi Party journals.
(d) Hitler's speeches.
2. What did Shirer cover on February 1936 according to Part I, pgs. 44-83?
(a) Hitler's oath of office.
(b) The Winter Olympics.
(c) The Summer Olympics.
(d) The 3rd communist party congress.
3. Over what nation did Mussolini triumph in May 1936?
4. What did most of the correspondents at the Taverne feel that the French could do in March 1936 according to Shirer?
(a) They could invade Germany.
(b) They could depose Hitler.
(c) They could stop Hitler in Switzerland.
(d) They could stop Hitler in Rhineland.
5. When was Shirer in Paris according to Part I?
(a) January 1934.
(b) February 1934.
(c) February 1935.
(d) August 1934.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shirer say he had to have approved by the German censors before broadcast in May 1937?
2. What was Shirer's first assignment with his new employer in 1937?
3. What did Shirer say Hitler spoke of to foreign leaders when they visited?
4. What French prime minister resigned after the demonstration Shirer described in Part I, pgs. 4-44?
5. Who was the Austrian president in February 1938?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)