|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, pgs. 165-206.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Shirer's first assignment with his new employer in 1937?
(a) The Power Conference in Brussels.
(b) Hitler's speech in Munich.
(c) Russia's military purge.
(d) France's presidential election.
2. What did Shirer have to do during his first assignment for his new employer in 1937?
(a) Hire a better voice.
(b) Hire other reporters.
(c) Stay at the back of the room.
(d) Take his own photographs.
3. What did William Shirer do during the year prior to the start of Part I, pgs. 4-44?
(a) He was in the army.
(b) He was on sabbatical.
(c) He was in school.
(d) He was in a hospital.
4. What area did Hitler occupy in March 1936?
5. What did Shirer quote to say that Hitler was preparing for war?
(a) Hitler's speeches.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Nazi Party journals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information did Shirer say was forbidden to broadcast in March 11-12, 1938?
2. What did Czechoslovakia refuse to do after the British/Germany meeting in September 1938?
3. What treaty did Hitler disregard in March 1936?
4. How much of the German population supported Hitler breaking the treaty in March 1936?
5. When did Shirer first see Hitler?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)