|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Beowulf's sword fails to kill Grendel's mother, what does he use to try to fight her?
(a) An axe.
(b) His bare hands.
(c) A rope.
2. What is Hrunting?
(a) A shield.
(b) Hrothgar's hall.
(c) Grendel's mother's hall.
(d) Beowulf's sword.
3. Where is Beowulf when Grendel's mother arrives at Heorot?
(a) Sleeping in his room.
(b) With the King.
(c) Sitting by the fire.
(d) In the stable with his new horses.
4. Inside Grendel's mother's lair, what upholds the weight of the water?
(a) Huge serpents.
(b) Stone walls.
(d) Stout rafters.
5. Who forged the tremendous sword that is in Grendel's mother's lair?
(b) Grendel's mother.
(d) Giants of olden time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beowulf will his sword to in case of his death?
2. Who promises to come with "a thousand spears and a thousand shields" if the other should be attacked?
3. How many men does it take to carry Grendel's head?
4. How does Beowulf kill Grendel's mother?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, who is brooding with grief and greedy for revenge?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)