|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grendel's mother kill during the night?
(c) The Queen.
2. What is the Grendel lake lined with?
(b) Fierce dragons.
(d) Tall grasses.
3. Where is Beowulf when Grendel's mother arrives at Heorot?
(a) In the stable with his new horses.
(b) With the King.
(c) Sleeping in his room.
(d) Sitting by the fire.
4. What kind of boat to Beowulf and his men sail away from Denmark in?
(a) A canoe with many oars.
(b) A pirate ship.
(c) A swan boat.
(d) A tern boat.
5. What does Grendel's mother use to try to kill Beowulf?
(a) A knife.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Beowulf's sword.
(d) An axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises to come with "a thousand spears and a thousand shields" if the other should be attacked?
2. How does Hrothgar describe the Grendel lake?
3. Inside Grendel's mother's lair, what upholds the weight of the water?
4. When Beowulf reaches the bank of the lake, what does he do?
5. What is Hrunting?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)