|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Beowulf's sword fails to kill Grendel's mother, what does he use to try to fight her?
(a) An axe.
(c) His bare hands.
(d) A rope.
2. How does Beowulf kill Grendel's mother?
(a) He strangles her.
(b) He throws her to the sea serpents.
(c) He stabs her through the heart.
(d) He cuts off her head.
3. Who forged the tremendous sword that is in Grendel's mother's lair?
(a) Giants of olden time.
(d) Grendel's mother.
4. Where is Beowulf when Grendel's mother arrives at Heorot?
(a) With the King.
(b) Sleeping in his room.
(c) Sitting by the fire.
(d) In the stable with his new horses.
5. What is the Grendel lake lined with?
(b) Tall grasses.
(c) Fierce dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Grendel's blood turns the lake red, what do Hrothgar and his men assume?
2. How does Hrothgar describe the Grendel lake?
3. At what point does Beowulf decide to enter the lake to search for Grendel's mother?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, who is brooding with grief and greedy for revenge?
5. Inside Grendel's mother's lair, what upholds the weight of the water?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)