Short Answer Key
1. Who is Hrothgar?
The King of the Danes.
2. What towered "high to reach heaven" and "strong to withstand the buffet of war?"
3. Who did Hrothgar give golden rings and bracelets to?
4. What does Grendel hate the sound of?
5. How tall is Grendel?
12 feet tall.
6. What are Grendel's arms described as being like?
A hairy gorilla's.
7. What are Hrothgar and his warriors doing when Grendel first enters Heorot?
8. What does Grendel do with the men he takes from Heorot?
Takes them home for meat.
9. For how many years had Grendel plagued Hrothgar?
10. How many men did Beowulf bring with him to Denmark?
11. What did Beowulf and his men cross on their way to Heorot?
The Baltic Sea.
12. Who meets Beowulf and his men when they...
This section contains 1,391 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)