|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grendel enter the hall?
(a) By ripping the door off.
(b) By sneaking quietly through the window.
(c) By quietly opening the door.
(d) Through the roof.
2. Who is Wulfgar?
(a) Grendel's son.
(b) The King's herald.
(c) Beowulf's kinsman.
(d) Hrothgar's son.
3. How many horses does Hrothgar give Beowulf and his men?
4. According to Beowulf, who was the first ashore in the swimming match with Breca?
(c) It was a tie.
(d) A whale.
5. As Beowulf prepares to leave Denmark, what does Hrothgar do "as if his heart would break?"
(b) Watches the ships sail away.
(d) Helps Beowulf load his possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the dragon's body?
2. Who does Beowulf's guide tell him will meet them at Heorot?
3. What decorates the goblets the Queen uses to serve Beowulf and his men?
4. How many days does it take to build Beowulf's burial mound?
5. What towered "high to reach heaven" and "strong to withstand the buffet of war?"
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)