|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did Beowulf bring with him to Denmark?
2. Who does Grendel's mother kill during the night?
(b) The Queen.
3. What does Beowulf use to save Wiglaf from the dragon?
(a) His shield.
(c) His bare hands.
(d) His sword.
4. When Grendel's blood turns the lake red, what do Hrothgar and his men assume?
(a) Beowulf has defeated the monster.
(b) All of the serpents have died.
(c) Beowulf is dead.
(d) The lake has grown fiery hot.
5. What causes Beowulf to halt and call the dragon out to fight him?
(c) The heat.
(d) The cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does it take to carry Grendel's head?
2. How long does Unferth say Beowulf wallowed at sea?
3. What does Beowulf tell his warriors to do at the headland as he prepares for battle with the dragon?
4. How does Grendel enter the hall?
5. How does Hrothgar kill the first monster at the Grendel lake?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)