|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wound does Beowulf inflict on Grendel?
(a) He chops Grendel's head off.
(b) He stabs Grendel through the heart with his sword.
(c) He rips Grendel's arm off.
(d) He cuts off Grendel's leg.
2. What does Beowulf say that even kings must bow to?
(a) A dragon.
(b) Other kings.
3. What did Beowulf and his men cross on their way to Heorot?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Jordan River.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Baltic Sea.
4. How does Beowulf kill Grendel's mother?
(a) He throws her to the sea serpents.
(b) He cuts off her head.
(c) He strangles her.
(d) He stabs her through the heart.
5. What causes Beowulf to halt and call the dragon out to fight him?
(b) The cold.
(d) The heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the dragon's body?
2. Who leads Beowulf to the Grendel lake?
3. What does Grendel want to do when he is first confronted by Beowulf?
4. How many warriors ride around the mound praising Beowulf?
5. What kills Beowulf?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)