|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inside Grendel's mother's lair, what upholds the weight of the water?
(a) Stone walls.
(c) Huge serpents.
(d) Stout rafters.
2. What does Beowulf use to save Wiglaf from the dragon?
(a) His shield.
(c) His bare hands.
(d) His sword.
3. What does Beowulf do with his "grisly trophy" of Grendel's defeat?
(a) Throws it in the fire.
(b) Nails it to the wall.
(c) Cooks and eats it.
(d) Throws it to the dogs.
4. How tall is Grendel?
(a) 12 feet tall.
(b) 7 feet tall.
(c) 20 feet tall.
(d) 9 feet tall.
5. What decorates the goblets the Queen uses to serve Beowulf and his men?
(c) Carvings of dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hrothgar's queen?
2. How many men does it take to carry Grendel's head?
3. Who meets Beowulf and his men when they reach Denmark?
4. When Grendel's blood turns the lake red, what do Hrothgar and his men assume?
5. At what point does Beowulf decide to enter the lake to search for Grendel's mother?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)