|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hrothgar describe the Grendel lake?
(a) Weird and evil.
(c) Ominous and dark.
(d) Falsely beautiful.
2. How does Beowulf wish he could fight the dragon?
(a) With the giant's sword.
(b) With Hrunting.
(c) He doesn't wish to fight at all.
(d) With his bare hands as he fought Grendel.
3. What kills Beowulf?
(a) Grendel's mother.
(c) Poison from the dragon's bite.
4. With what does Beowulf deliver the death blow to the dragon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A hammer.
(c) His sword.
(d) An arrow.
5. Who forged the tremendous sword that is in Grendel's mother's lair?
(a) Giants of olden time.
(b) Grendel's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many warriors ride around the mound praising Beowulf?
2. After Beowulf's sword fails to kill Grendel's mother, what does he use to try to fight her?
3. What does Hrothgar vow to treat Beowulf like after Grendel's defeat?
4. How many days does it take to build Beowulf's burial mound?
5. What does Beowulf command be made to fight the dragon?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)