|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beowulf say he and his men are from?
2. What kind of man is Unferth described as being?
3. Who promises to come with "a thousand spears and a thousand shields" if the other should be attacked?
(a) Beowulf makes this promise to Hrothgar.
(b) Beowulf makes this promise to Wiglaf.
(c) Wiglaf makes this promise to Beowulf.
(d) Hrothgar makes this promise to Beowulf.
4. How many men did Beowulf bring with him to Denmark?
5. When Beowulf enters Heorot, what two things does he present to Hrothgar?
(a) Grendel's mother's head and her sword.
(b) A knife and a goblet.
(c) Jewels and gold.
(d) Grendel's head and the remains of the giant sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beowulf, who was the first ashore in the swimming match with Breca?
2. At what point does Beowulf decide to enter the lake to search for Grendel's mother?
3. How does Hrothgar kill the first monster at the Grendel lake?
4. What does Beowulf call Unferth's claims against him?
5. How long does Unferth say Beowulf wallowed at sea?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)