|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Grendel lake lined with?
(a) Tall grasses.
(d) Fierce dragons.
2. What does Hrothgar give Beowulf that is so tough no steel can cleave it?
(a) A plated helmet.
(b) Shin guards.
(c) A shield.
(d) A suit of armor.
3. Who does Grendel's mother kill during the night?
(d) The Queen.
4. As Beowulf prepares to leave Denmark, what does Hrothgar do "as if his heart would break?"
(a) Watches the ships sail away.
(c) Helps Beowulf load his possessions.
5. Who leads Beowulf to the Grendel lake?
(d) A warrior who isn't named.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hrunting?
2. Who promises to come with "a thousand spears and a thousand shields" if the other should be attacked?
3. How tall is Grendel?
4. How many serpents did Beowulf slay in his story of the swimming competition between he and Breca's?
5. When Beowulf blows his horn, what rises up out of the Grendel lake?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)