|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Beowulf to the Grendel lake?
(b) A warrior who isn't named.
2. For how many years had Grendel plagued Hrothgar?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 50 years.
3. Who does Grendel's mother kill during the night?
(b) The Queen.
4. What kind of man is Unferth described as being?
5. What did Beowulf and his men cross on their way to Heorot?
(a) The Jordan River.
(b) The Baltic Sea.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Red Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Grendel's arms described as being like?
2. When Beowulf and his men reach Heorot, what are they heavy with?
3. Who does Beowulf's guide tell him will meet them at Heorot?
4. When Beowulf enters Heorot, what two things does he present to Hrothgar?
5. Who tells Beowulf that Grendel can only be defeated by bare hands?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)