|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beowulf do with his "grisly trophy" of Grendel's defeat?
(a) Throws it to the dogs.
(b) Throws it in the fire.
(c) Nails it to the wall.
(d) Cooks and eats it.
2. When Beowulf and his men reach Heorot, what are they heavy with?
(a) Gifts for the King.
(c) Too much food.
3. What does the Queen give Beowulf and his men to drink?
4. What does Grendel do with the men he takes from Heorot?
(a) Uses them as slaves.
(b) Takes them home for meat.
(c) Feeds them to the sea serpents.
(d) Throws them off a cliff.
5. According to Beowulf, who was the first ashore in the swimming match with Breca?
(a) It was a tie.
(b) A whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before battling Grendel's mother, what does Beowulf ask the King to do if he should die?
2. After Grendel's defeat, what do the Danes decorate the hall with?
3. What color is the banner Hrothgar gives Beowulf?
4. What instruments are playing as the Queen enters the hall?
5. After Beowulf's sword fails to kill Grendel's mother, what does he use to try to fight her?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)