|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grendel enter the hall?
(a) By quietly opening the door.
(b) Through the roof.
(c) By ripping the door off.
(d) By sneaking quietly through the window.
2. According to Beowulf, in the story of his swimming competition with Breca, who cried out for help?
(c) A sailor.
(d) The whales.
3. How tall is Grendel?
(a) 7 feet tall.
(b) 9 feet tall.
(c) 20 feet tall.
(d) 12 feet tall.
4. What does Beowulf do when the celebration after Grendel's defeat ends?
(a) Seeks an audience with the queen.
(b) Makes sure his men are fed.
(d) Leaves immediately for the lair of Grendel's mother.
5. What does the Queen give Beowulf and his men to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decorates the goblets the Queen uses to serve Beowulf and his men?
2. What instruments are playing as the Queen enters the hall?
3. Who did Hrothgar give golden rings and bracelets to?
4. How many men does it take to carry Grendel's head?
5. What does Beowulf call Unferth's claims against him?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)