|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, who is brooding with grief and greedy for revenge?
(d) Grendel's mother.
2. Who stays at the lake after the Danes leave?
(c) Beowulf's comrades.
3. After Beowulf's sword fails to kill Grendel's mother, what does he use to try to fight her?
(a) His bare hands.
(b) A rope.
(d) An axe.
4. Who does Grendel's mother kill during the night?
(b) The Queen.
5. Who promises to come with "a thousand spears and a thousand shields" if the other should be attacked?
(a) Hrothgar makes this promise to Beowulf.
(b) Beowulf makes this promise to Wiglaf.
(c) Beowulf makes this promise to Hrothgar.
(d) Wiglaf makes this promise to Beowulf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the blade of the tremendous sword found in the lair?
2. How does Hrothgar describe the Grendel lake?
3. When Beowulf blows his horn, what rises up out of the Grendel lake?
4. What decorates the goblets the Queen uses to serve Beowulf and his men?
5. What did Beowulf and his men cross on their way to Heorot?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)