|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What towered "high to reach heaven" and "strong to withstand the buffet of war?"
(b) The Catholic Church.
2. What does the Queen give Beowulf and his men to drink?
3. What does Beowulf do when the celebration after Grendel's defeat ends?
(a) Seeks an audience with the queen.
(b) Leaves immediately for the lair of Grendel's mother.
(d) Makes sure his men are fed.
4. What does Hrothgar vow to treat Beowulf like after Grendel's defeat?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) A king.
(d) A general.
5. What attacked Beowulf while he was in the ocean with Breca?
(b) A pirate.
(c) A serpent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grendel enter the hall?
2. What are Grendel's arms described as being like?
3. As Beowulf and his men march to Heorot, what glares from their helmets?
4. What does Hrothgar give Beowulf that is so tough no steel can cleave it?
5. Who stays awake waiting for Grendel while the other warriors sleep in the hall?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)