|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many serpents did Beowulf slay in his story of the swimming competition between he and Breca's?
2. What did Beowulf and his men cross on their way to Heorot?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) The Baltic Sea.
(c) The Jordan River.
(d) The Red Sea.
3. What does Beowulf do when the celebration after Grendel's defeat ends?
(a) Seeks an audience with the queen.
(b) Leaves immediately for the lair of Grendel's mother.
(d) Makes sure his men are fed.
4. Who is Hrothgar?
(a) Beowulf's brother.
(b) The King of the Geats.
(c) The monster.
(d) The King of the Danes.
5. What decorates the goblets the Queen uses to serve Beowulf and his men?
(a) Carvings of dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Beowulf and his men reach Heorot, what are they heavy with?
2. According to Beowulf, what did he and Breca giddily plunge into the water to do?
3. What does Beowulf say his spears are made of?
4. Who tells Beowulf that Grendel can only be defeated by bare hands?
5. According to Beowulf, who was the first ashore in the swimming match with Breca?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)