|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does it take to carry Grendel's head?
2. What kind of boat to Beowulf and his men sail away from Denmark in?
(a) A pirate ship.
(b) A swan boat.
(c) A canoe with many oars.
(d) A tern boat.
3. What instruments are playing as the Queen enters the hall?
4. Where is Beowulf when Grendel's mother arrives at Heorot?
(a) In the stable with his new horses.
(b) With the King.
(c) Sleeping in his room.
(d) Sitting by the fire.
5. Who does Unferth claim Beowulf lost a swimming match to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does the minstrel play while Beowulf and his men are in the hall?
2. What does Beowulf do when he sees Grendel's body in the lair?
3. What does Beowulf do with his "grisly trophy" of Grendel's defeat?
4. What does Beowulf do when the celebration after Grendel's defeat ends?
5. What kills Beowulf?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)