|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does it take to carry Grendel's head?
2. What does Beowulf call Unferth's claims against him?
(a) A fool's tongue wagging.
(b) A drunkard's tale.
(c) Utter lies.
3. According to Beowulf, who was the first ashore in the swimming match with Breca?
(a) It was a tie.
(d) A whale.
4. What does Wiglaf do to the chosen warriors after Beowulf's death?
(a) Kills them.
(b) Commends them for a good fight.
(c) Rewards them with treasure.
(d) Banishes them.
5. Who is Hrothgar?
(a) The King of the Geats.
(b) The monster.
(c) The King of the Danes.
(d) Beowulf's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Beowulf's life from Grendel's mother's near-fatal attack?
2. According to Beowulf, what did he and Breca giddily plunge into the water to do?
3. What did Beowulf and his men cross on their way to Heorot?
4. When the dragon wakes, what is missing from his treasure?
5. How does Beowulf kill Grendel's mother?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)