|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beowulf say that even kings must bow to?
(b) A dragon.
(d) Other kings.
2. Who is Hrothgar?
(a) The monster.
(b) Beowulf's brother.
(c) The King of the Geats.
(d) The King of the Danes.
3. Who creeps into the dragon's lair and discovers his treasure?
(b) A stranger.
4. What happened to the rest of Beowulf's family, save for one?
(a) They were murdered by Grendel.
(b) They moved to Denmark.
(c) They all became kings and queens.
(d) They all died.
5. How many warriors ride around the mound praising Beowulf?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Beowulf prepares to leave Denmark, what does Hrothgar do "as if his heart would break?"
2. What towered "high to reach heaven" and "strong to withstand the buffet of war?"
3. According to Beowulf, in the story of his swimming competition with Breca, who cried out for help?
4. Who meets Beowulf and his men when they reach Denmark?
5. After Beowulf's sword fails to kill Grendel's mother, what does he use to try to fight her?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)