|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Grendel's defeat, what do the Danes decorate the hall with?
(a) Pictures of Beowulf.
(b) Golden embroidery.
(c) Dragon scales.
(d) Tapestries depicting the battle.
2. How many serpents did Beowulf slay in his story of the swimming competition between he and Breca's?
3. What does Beowulf do when the celebration after Grendel's defeat ends?
(a) Makes sure his men are fed.
(b) Seeks an audience with the queen.
(c) Leaves immediately for the lair of Grendel's mother.
4. How long does Unferth say Beowulf wallowed at sea?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. During their swimming competition, what separated Beowulf and Breca?
(a) A ship.
(c) The whales.
(d) A north-easter storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Beowulf tells the story of himself and Breca, what does he call Unferth?
2. Who did Hrothgar give golden rings and bracelets to?
3. What attacked Beowulf while he was in the ocean with Breca?
4. What does Beowulf do with his "grisly trophy" of Grendel's defeat?
5. What decorates the goblets the Queen uses to serve Beowulf and his men?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)