|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decorates the goblets the Queen uses to serve Beowulf and his men?
(d) Carvings of dragons.
2. How tall is Grendel?
(a) 12 feet tall.
(b) 9 feet tall.
(c) 7 feet tall.
(d) 20 feet tall.
3. What does Beowulf do when the celebration after Grendel's defeat ends?
(a) Makes sure his men are fed.
(b) Leaves immediately for the lair of Grendel's mother.
(c) Seeks an audience with the queen.
4. Who tells Beowulf that Grendel can only be defeated by bare hands?
(d) Grendel's mother.
5. How does Grendel enter the hall?
(a) By sneaking quietly through the window.
(b) By ripping the door off.
(c) Through the roof.
(d) By quietly opening the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did Beowulf bring with him to Denmark?
2. What are Hrothgar and his warriors doing when Grendel first enters Heorot?
3. Who do the Danes honor the one man in Beowulf's party who was killed by Grendel?
4. What kind of man is Unferth described as being?
5. What wound does Beowulf inflict on Grendel?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)