|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Grendel?
(a) 12 feet tall.
(b) 9 feet tall.
(c) 20 feet tall.
(d) 7 feet tall.
2. What kind of boat to Beowulf and his men sail away from Denmark in?
(a) A tern boat.
(b) A swan boat.
(c) A canoe with many oars.
(d) A pirate ship.
3. Who do the Danes honor the one man in Beowulf's party who was killed by Grendel?
(a) With a poem in his honor.
(b) By re-naming the hall after him.
(c) With a song by the minstrel.
(d) They do not honor him.
4. How many horses does Hrothgar give Beowulf and his men?
5. After Beowulf tells the story of himself and Breca, what does he call Unferth?
(a) A brave man.
(b) A coward.
(c) A truthful storyteller.
(d) An idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hrunting?
2. What is the Grendel lake lined with?
3. According to Beowulf, in the story of his swimming competition with Breca, who cried out for help?
4. Who is to receive Beowulf's treasure if he dies?
5. What saves Beowulf's life from Grendel's mother's near-fatal attack?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)