|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Beowulf when Grendel's mother arrives at Heorot?
(a) In the stable with his new horses.
(b) Sleeping in his room.
(c) Sitting by the fire.
(d) With the King.
2. What is the Grendel lake lined with?
(b) Fierce dragons.
(d) Tall grasses.
3. What kind of man is Unferth described as being?
4. How does Hrothgar describe the Grendel lake?
(b) Ominous and dark.
(c) Weird and evil.
(d) Falsely beautiful.
5. Who meets Beowulf and his men when they reach Denmark?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The watchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel want to do when he is first confronted by Beowulf?
2. As Chapter 3 begins, how long has Beowulf reigned as king?
3. How does Grendel enter the hall?
4. Who leads Beowulf to the Grendel lake?
5. What are Grendel's arms described as being like?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)