|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beowulf do with his "grisly trophy" of Grendel's defeat?
(a) Throws it in the fire.
(b) Cooks and eats it.
(c) Throws it to the dogs.
(d) Nails it to the wall.
2. When Beowulf blows his horn, what rises up out of the Grendel lake?
(c) Sea devils.
(d) Grendel's mother.
3. What saves Beowulf's life from Grendel's mother's near-fatal attack?
(a) His mailcoat.
(b) His warriors.
(c) A shield.
4. What color is the banner Hrothgar gives Beowulf?
5. What does Beowulf do when the celebration after Grendel's defeat ends?
(a) Seeks an audience with the queen.
(b) Makes sure his men are fed.
(c) Leaves immediately for the lair of Grendel's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hrothgar's queen?
2. As Beowulf prepares to leave Denmark, what does Hrothgar do "as if his heart would break?"
3. How many warriors does Beowulf take with him to the dragon's den?
4. What does Beowulf say his spears are made of?
5. Who forged the tremendous sword that is in Grendel's mother's lair?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)