|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Beowulf reaches the bank of the lake, what does he do?
(a) Falls to the ground in exhaustion.
(b) Kisses the ground.
(c) Places Grendel's head on a spear.
(d) Places Grendel's mother's head on a spear.
2. Who did Hrothgar give golden rings and bracelets to?
(a) His followers.
(b) His wife.
(c) Grendel's mother.
3. What does Wiglaf do to the chosen warriors after Beowulf's death?
(a) Commends them for a good fight.
(b) Rewards them with treasure.
(c) Kills them.
(d) Banishes them.
4. Who is Wulfgar?
(a) The King's herald.
(b) Hrothgar's son.
(c) Beowulf's kinsman.
(d) Grendel's son.
5. When does Hrothgar say he previously knew Beowulf?
(a) When Beowulf was an apprentice.
(c) When Beowulf was a child.
(d) When Beowulf was a soldier in his army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the pinewood torches used to light Beowulf's funeral pyre soaked with?
2. What did Beowulf and his men cross on their way to Heorot?
3. Who leads Beowulf to the Grendel lake?
4. How far is Grendel's mother's lair from the windy cliffs?
5. How long does Unferth say Beowulf wallowed at sea?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)