• Beowulf arrives in Denmark on a mission to slay Grendel, the monster that Hrothgar the King has been unable to defeat for twelve years.
• After a great feast, Beowulf and the other warriors sleep in Heorot, the grand hall.
• While the warriors sleep, Grendel attacks and devours one warrior.
• Beowulf fights Grendel and rips the monster's arm off, delivering a fatal wound.
• Hrothgar holds a great celebration of Beowulf's victory.
• Grendel's mother, bent on revenge, attacks the warriors at Heorot and snatches one of them while Beowulf sleeps.
• The next morning, Hrothgar tells Beowulf about the attack and describes the terrible journey Beowulf will have to take to get to the lair of Grendel's mother.
• Beowulf sets off toward the lair with his sword, Hrunting, in hand.
• Beowulf dives into the lake of fire at the bottom of which is the hall where Grendel's mother lives...
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)