|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Benjamin Franklin die?
2. Who prevented the British troops from arresting Samuel Adams and John Hancock?
3. How are Benjamin Franklin's family history disguised as?
4. What did John Paul Jones do before the Revolution war?
5. When did Benjamin Franklin travel to Quebec?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin not pleased with regarding the turkey?
2. What did Franklin take over, according to "Chapter Fourteen"?
3. What did Congress accept in May 1785 ,and what did Franklin do?
4. What happened on December 16, 1773?
5. What did Franklin edit in Thomas Jefferson's Declaration of Independence?
6. How did Franklin view chess?
7. What hit France in 1783?
8. What did Franklin inadvertently invent?
9. Who was Arthur Bancroft?
10. Where did Franklin travel in August 1771 and whom did he meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the influence of Franklin's family on his life, and examine how Franklin's childhood influenced his adult life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Boston Tea Party, including who was involved, its purpose, and the effects on both Britain and the United States. Students should examine Franklin's beliefs about the Boston Tea Party and how it was similar or different to others of the time.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the House of Representatives in early America and compare it to the role that the House has today.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)