|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Boston Tea Party?
2. How many articles detailing the new United Colonies of North America did Benjamin Franklin write?
3. What office was Benjamin Franklin elected to after the end of the War for Independence?
4. When did Benjamin Franklin sign the Franco-American treaty?
5. Who did Benjamin Franklin send his last letter to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin inadvertently invent?
2. Who was Arthur Bancroft?
3. What did Franklin edit in Thomas Jefferson's Declaration of Independence?
4. Who was Madame Brillon?
5. What did Franklin take over, according to "Chapter Fourteen"?
6. What did Franklin attempt to do when he went to France, in "Chapter Thirteen"?
7. What happened on December 16, 1773?
8. What happened on August 18, 1775, according to "Chapter Twelve"?
9. What was Franklin the only person to do?
10. Who criticized Franklin's ideas, according to the "Conclusion"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Franklin's beliefs typified the Age of Enlightenment and conclude why his ideas were excluded from the canon of philosophy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how individualism and communitarianism are intertwined and both are needed for survival.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Franklin's relationship with women, such as Deborah Read, Madame Helvetius, and others.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)