|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the British troops try to arrest Samuel Adams and John Hancock?
2. Where were Burgoyne and his forces defeated?
3. When was the provisional treaty for the end of the war?
4. What did Benjamin Franklin invent in August 1784?
5. When did Benjamin Franklin travel to Quebec?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Arthur Bancroft?
2. What did Franklin inadvertently invent?
3. What was Franklin the only person to do?
4. What did Franklin turn the world's mind to and how did this effect America?
5. Where did Franklin travel in August 1771 and whom did he meet?
6. What did John Adams and Franklin disagree over, in "Chapter Fifteen"?
7. What did Franklin edit in Thomas Jefferson's Declaration of Independence?
8. Who secretly met with Franklin?
9. What did Franklin attempt to do when he went to France, in "Chapter Thirteen"?
10. How did Franklin view chess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between France and the colonies in the 1700's.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Socratic method and how it influenced Franklin's arguments, as well as relationships with others.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Franklin's views on slavery and how others viewed slavery at the time. Students may examine whether his actions were in line with his beliefs.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)