|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Temple's illegitimate daughter raised by?
2. Who was France's foreign minister at the time of Benjamin Franklin's visit?
3. What does Walter Isaacson say wasn't a straight path for Benjamin Franklin?
4. When did Benjamin Franklin travel to France, according to "Chapter Thirteen"?
5. Where did the convention to discuss the new constitution take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin forsake on March 20, 1778?
2. What happened on December 16, 1773?
3. Where did Franklin travel in August 1771 and whom did he meet?
4. What did Franklin attempt to do when he went to France, in "Chapter Thirteen"?
5. What was Franklin the only person to do?
6. Who was Madame Brillon?
7. What did the Second Continental Congress create?
8. What happened on August 18, 1775, according to "Chapter Twelve"?
9. What did John Adams and Franklin disagree over, in "Chapter Fifteen"?
10. What happened to William after Benjamin Franklin's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how individualism and communitarianism are intertwined and both are needed for survival.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Second Continental Congress and its impact on early American government.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Franklin's obsession over his persona or his public image and how he developed his public image in America and other countries.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)