|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose coronation did Benjamin Franklin attend in 1761?
2. On the way to London, who offered to pay Benjamin Franklin's way back to America?
3. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he was enrolled in Latin school?
4. Who competed against Benjamin Franklin, as a result of Franklin's success as a printer?
5. Who did Sally wish to marry in 1767?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Braddock underestimate and what did Franklin do to help the situation?
2. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
3. What did the Library Company of Philadelphia allowed Franklin to do, according to "Chapter Five"?
4. What did the colony's safety depend on?
5. What were the Paxton Boys?
6. Why couldn't Deborah and Franklin marry?
7. What was James' the first to fight for?
8. What were Franklin's relationships like with other men?
9. What three areas did Franklin attack the Penns over?
10. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Franklin's views on slavery and how others viewed slavery at the time. Students may examine whether his actions were in line with his beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Franklin's role in the Indian War as a leader of early American government, as well as a writer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the House of Representatives in early America and compare it to the role that the House has today.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)