|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Benjamin Franklin court before going to London?
2. With whom did Benjamin Franklin set up his printing?
3. How did Benjamin Franklin think Britain treated Americans?
4. "Chapter Five" says Benjamin Franklin did not accept what?
5. Who told Benjamin Franklin that "as you go through this world--and you'll miss many hard thumps"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the Paxton Boys?
2. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
3. What troubled Franklin about William?
4. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
5. What did the colony's safety depend on?
6. What did Franklin do in an effort to sink Keimer, in "Chapter Four"?
7. What did Franklin open, in "Chapter Seven"?
8. What did Franklin always try to link, according to "Chapter One"?
9. How long did Franklin think he would work in London, in "Chapter Eight"?
10. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how individualism and communitarianism are intertwined and both are needed for survival.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Pennsylvania Militia in the life of the early colony, and examine why Franklin founded the Militia.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Battle of Saratoga and examine how it changed the relationship between the colonies and other countries.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)