|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Benjamin Franklin born?
2. When did Benjamin Franklin's partnership with David Hall end?
3. What was the name of the college Benjamin Franklin opened?
4. What does Walter Isaacson think Benjamin Franklin exemplified?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin use to attract lightning away from villages?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin open, in "Chapter Seven"?
2. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
3. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
4. What atmosphere did Franklin recreate?
5. What was Franklin's view of the role of women?
6. What were Franklin's goals, according to "Chapter Ten?"
7. What was the Union Fire Company?
8. What were Franklin's relationships like with other men?
9. What did the Assembly vote to do, at the end of "Chapter Nine?"
10. What was James' the first to fight for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Franklin's obsession over his persona or his public image and how he developed his public image in America and other countries.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Franklin's views on slavery and how others viewed slavery at the time. Students may examine whether his actions were in line with his beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the idea of upward mobility, its significance in America, and discuss how Franklin typifies the belief of the American dream.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)