|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was France's foreign minister at the time of Benjamin Franklin's visit?
(a) Comte Isidore.
(b) Comte Xavier.
(c) Comte de Vergennes.
(d) Comte Auguste.
2. What did Benjamin Franklin say the middle class had few of?
3. Who replaced Silas Deane in France, according to "Chapter Fourteen"?
(a) John Stephens.
(b) John Adams.
(c) John Hancock.
(d) John Quincy.
4. When did Benjamin Franklin die?
(a) April 17, 1790.
(b) April 7, 1784.
(c) April 17, 1792.
(d) April 17, 1786.
5. What was the mission of the committee Benjamin Franklin chaired?
(a) To replace British currency.
(b) To replace British taxes.
(c) To replace the British ships.
(d) To replace the British postal service.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Benjamin Franklin travel to Quebec?
2. Who was king of France at the time of Benjamin Franklin's visit?
3. To what woman did Benjamin Franklin jokingly propose marriage?
4. When did Benjamin Franklin travel to France, according to "Chapter Thirteen"?
5. What Masonic lodge did Benjamin Franklin go to in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin begin writing when he stayed with the Shipley family in Twyford, in "Chapter Eleven"?
2. What did Franklin inadvertently invent?
3. What was Franklin's function at the convention, according to "Chapter Sixteen"?
4. What did Congress accept in May 1785 ,and what did Franklin do?
5. Who criticized Franklin's ideas, according to the "Conclusion"?
6. What happened to William after Benjamin Franklin's death?
7. What was Franklin not pleased with regarding the turkey?
8. What hit France in 1783?
9. What happened on August 18, 1775, according to "Chapter Twelve"?
10. What did Franklin take over, according to "Chapter Fourteen"?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)