|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird did Benjamin Franklin want as national bird?
(a) The bald eagle.
(b) The turkey.
(c) The chicken.
(d) The golden eagle.
2. Who did Benjamin Franklin form a flirtatious relationship with while writing his family history?
(a) The Twyford girl.
(b) The Hewson girl.
(c) The Shipley girl.
(d) The Stevenson girl.
3. Where was America's first embassy in France?
4. What woman was Benjamin Franklin's neighbor in France?
(a) Madame Deane.
(b) Madame Helvetius.
(c) Madame Hiroe.
(d) Madame Brillon.
5. What did General Howe confiscate in Philadelphia?
(a) Franklin's business.
(b) Franklin's family.
(c) Franklin's house and possessions.
(d) Franklin's experiments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Benjamin Franklin take at the Masonic lodge in France?
2. Who prevented the British troops from arresting Samuel Adams and John Hancock?
3. When did Benjamin Franklin sign the Franco-American treaty?
4. How many papers are considered to be the ones founding the republic?
5. What did the French try to do when Benjamin Franklin went to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on December 16, 1773?
2. What did Franklin begin writing when he stayed with the Shipley family in Twyford, in "Chapter Eleven"?
3. What hit France in 1783?
4. What did Franklin inadvertently invent?
5. What did Franklin attempt to do when he went to France, in "Chapter Thirteen"?
6. What did Franklin forsake on March 20, 1778?
7. What did Franklin turn the world's mind to and how did this effect America?
8. What did Congress accept in May 1785 ,and what did Franklin do?
9. How did Franklin view chess?
10. What was Franklin's function at the convention, according to "Chapter Sixteen"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)