|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman was Benjamin Franklin's neighbor in France?
(a) Madame Deane.
(b) Madame Helvetius.
(c) Madame Hiroe.
(d) Madame Brillon.
2. What did "Chapter Sixteen," "Chapter Seventeen," and "Conclusion" say was added to Franklin's house?
(a) A new kitchen.
(b) A library.
(c) A visitor center.
(d) An infirmary.
3. How many articles detailing the new United Colonies of North America did Benjamin Franklin write?
4. What did General Howe confiscate in Philadelphia?
(a) Franklin's family.
(b) Franklin's experiments.
(c) Franklin's business.
(d) Franklin's house and possessions.
5. When did General Howe take Philadelphia?
(a) November 1777.
(b) August 1777.
(c) September 1777.
(d) October 1777.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sally and the women of Philadelphia raise donations to sew new shirts for the troops?
2. What bird did Benjamin Franklin want as national bird?
3. What office was Benjamin Franklin elected to after the end of the War for Independence?
4. What did Benny become after Benjamin Franklin's return in America, according to "Chapter Sixteen," "Chapter Seventeen," and "Conclusion"?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin request after securing a loan for the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin begin writing when he stayed with the Shipley family in Twyford, in "Chapter Eleven"?
2. What did John Adams and Franklin disagree over, in "Chapter Fifteen"?
3. What did Franklin take over, according to "Chapter Fourteen"?
4. Who secretly met with Franklin?
5. What did Franklin attempt to do when he went to France, in "Chapter Thirteen"?
6. What happened on August 18, 1775, according to "Chapter Twelve"?
7. What could Americans not agree on?
8. How did Franklin view chess?
9. What was Franklin's function at the convention, according to "Chapter Sixteen"?
10. What did Franklin forsake on March 20, 1778?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)