|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offered to help Benjamin Franklin set up his own printing shop?
(a) Governor William Kearson.
(b) Governor William Keats.
(c) Governor William Keith.
(d) Governor William Keason.
2. What manifesto did Benjamin Franklin write on his way to London?
(a) Plan for Future Conduct.
(b) The Way to Wealth.
(c) Poor Richard's Almanac.
(d) A memoir.
3. Who was the printer that Benjamin Franklin met in New York, according to "Chapter Three" and "Chapter Four"?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) William Bracon.
(c) William Brady.
(d) William Bradson.
4. "Chapter Five" says Benjamin Franklin did not accept what?
(d) Church dogma.
5. What did Benjamin Franklin have the assembly do to support a hospital?
(a) Create health insurance.
(b) Create socialized health care.
(c) Match raised money with public money.
(d) Match public money with raised money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Benjamin Franklin spend touring the colonies?
2. Who did the Pennsylvania Assembly win a libel case against?
3. Who competed against Benjamin Franklin, as a result of Franklin's success as a printer?
4. What did Benjamin Franklin's writing help create?
5. What made Benjamin Franklin an opponent of the proprietor's control over the colonies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin open, in "Chapter Seven"?
2. What did Franklin do in an effort to sink Keimer, in "Chapter Four"?
3. What did Franklin always try to link, according to "Chapter One"?
4. What cut into Franklin's income at the end of 1766?
5. What did Braddock underestimate and what did Franklin do to help the situation?
6. What were the Paxton Boys?
7. What caused some historians to think Franklin's experiment was faked?
8. What was the Stamp Act of 1765?
9. What was the Union Fire Company?
10. What did the Assembly vote to do, at the end of "Chapter Nine?"
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)