|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin believe about individualism and communitarianism?
(a) They are not sought after.
(b) They are overrated.
(c) They are not achievable.
(d) They are needed for survival.
2. Where did Benjamin Franklin arrive at the start of "Chapter One"?
3. Where did Benjamin Franklin and his new co-postmaster extend the postal service to?
(a) All 13 colonies.
4. Where did Benjamin Franklin store electricity?
(a) In Grayson Jars.
(b) In a key.
(c) On boiler plates.
(d) In Leyden Jars.
5. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he was enrolled in Latin school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was appointed co-postmaster following the death of the previous co-postmaster?
2. Why did Benjamin Frankly create the Junto?
3. Who offered to help Benjamin Franklin set up his own printing shop?
4. Which of Benjamin Franklin's ancestors migrated to America?
5. Why did Benjamin Franklin work only a short time as a merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin typify the American ideal, according to "Chapter One"?
2. What did Franklin write on his voyage, and why was it significant?
3. What troubled Franklin about William?
4. With whom did Franklin stay during his time in London?
5. Why did Franklin create the Pennsylvania Militia?
6. What were Franklin's goals, according to "Chapter Ten?"
7. What was Franklin's view of the role of women?
8. What three areas did Franklin attack the Penns over?
9. What did Benjamin's apprenticeship at age 10 spark an interest in?
10. What caused some historians to think Franklin's experiment was faked?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)