Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin's assignment as clerk allowed him to take away from Bradford?
(a) The postmastership.
(b) His bank.
(c) His newspaper.
(d) His printing shop.
2. Who did the Paxton Boys kill?
(a) 6 unarmed Indians.
(b) 9 unarmed Indians.
(c) 4 unarmed Indians.
(d) 12 unarmed Indians.
3. Who did Benjamin Franklin court before going to London?
4. What does Walter Isaacson say Benjamin Franklin easily made?
(a) Casual female friends.
(b) Long-term relationships with men.
(c) Long-term relationships with women.
(d) Casual male friends.
5. What was the place of electricity in Benjamin Franklin's research?
(a) It was its cornerstone.
(b) It was a minor part.
(c) He studied it after weather paterns.
(d) He used it to explain anathomical problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Britain rationalize sending convicts to America?
2. Why was Benjamin Franklin vilified by some?
3. Who did Benjamin Franklin hope his son would marry?
4. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he was enrolled in Latin school?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin say he would rather build, according to "Chapter Five"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was James' the first to fight for?
2. What caused some historians to think Franklin's experiment was faked?
3. How did Franklin view chess?
4. What happened to William after Benjamin Franklin's death?
5. What was the Stamp Act of 1765?
6. Who was Madame Brillon?
7. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
8. What was lightning considered prior to Franklin's work?
9. What did Congress accept in May 1785 ,and what did Franklin do?
10. What hit France in 1783?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)