|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Benjamin Franklin stay in England on his third voyage there?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Who did Benjamin Franklin hope his son would marry?
(a) Mary Walass.
(b) Ingrid De Franch.
(c) Caty Ray.
(d) Polly Stevenson.
3. Where did Benjamin Franklin and his new co-postmaster extend the postal service to?
(b) All 13 colonies.
4. What happened to Benjamin Franklin's father's first wife?
(a) She disappeared.
(b) She divorced him.
(c) She died.
(d) She became ill.
5. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he was enrolled in Latin school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin's writing help create?
2. How did Britain rationalize sending convicts to America?
3. What was the name of the first character created by Benjamin Franklin?
4. How long was Benjamin Franklin expecting to stay in London, according to "Chapter Eight"?
5. Who did Benjamin Franklin seek to work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the Paxton Boys?
2. What was the Union Fire Company?
3. What three areas did Franklin attack the Penns over?
4. What atmosphere did Franklin recreate?
5. What did Braddock underestimate and what did Franklin do to help the situation?
6. How were Americans regarded in London?
7. Who was William Kieth, according to "Chapter Three"?
8. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
9. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
10. How did Franklin typify the American ideal, according to "Chapter One"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)