|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who formed the Junto?
(a) Upper class.
(d) Mostly poor tradesman.
2. When did the Board of Trade in London hold a conference in Albany?
3. Where did Benjamin Franklin stay while in England?
(a) King Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Wes Street.
(d) Craven Street.
4. What does Walter Isaacson think Benjamin Franklin exemplified?
(a) The American ideal of freedom.
(b) The American ideal of religion.
(c) The American ideal of upward mobility.
(d) The American ideal of philosophy.
5. Who was co-postmaster, according to "Chapter Nine" and "Chapter Ten"?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) William Hunter.
(c) William Penn.
(d) William Paxton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin invent to help his brother John?
2. Why did Benjamin Franklin create his militia?
3. What did Francis Franklin die of?
4. Who told Benjamin Franklin that "as you go through this world--and you'll miss many hard thumps"?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin think of the bill proposed by the Proprietors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Americans regarded in London?
2. What hit France in 1783?
3. What were the Paxton Boys?
4. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
5. What was Franklin not pleased with regarding the turkey?
6. What did Congress accept in May 1785 ,and what did Franklin do?
7. What caused some historians to think Franklin's experiment was faked?
8. What was Franklin the only person to do?
9. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
10. What did Franklin inadvertently invent?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)