|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consequences did the end of the partnership between Benjamin Franklin and David Hall have?
(a) Franklin lost his clients.
(b) Franklin lost his business space.
(c) Franklin lost his home.
(d) It cut into Benjamin Franklin's income.
2. What was Benjamin Franklin supposed to get in London for the printing shop?
(a) To get financing for the printing shop.
(b) To get fonts for the printing shop.
(c) To get paper for the printing shop.
(d) To get a business license for the printing shop.
3. "Chapter One" argues Benjamin Franklin was the country's first what?
4. Who formed the Junto?
(b) Upper class.
(d) Mostly poor tradesman.
5. When did the Boston Massacre occur?
(a) March 5, 1770.
(b) March 25, 1770.
(c) March 15, 1772.
(d) March 5, 1771.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin's assignment as clerk allowed him to take away from Bradford?
2. Where dd Benjamin Franklin set up his printing shop?
3. When did Deborah give birth to a daughter?
4. What militia did Benjamin Franklin create?
5. Why did Benjamin Franklin work only a short time as a merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin open, in "Chapter Seven"?
2. What did Franklin always try to link, according to "Chapter One"?
3. What was the Stamp Act of 1765?
4. Why did the postage service become a public issue rather than a private interest?
5. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
6. What did Benjamin's apprenticeship at age 10 spark an interest in?
7. Where did Franklin travel in August 1771 and whom did he meet?
8. What could Americans not agree on?
9. What were the Paxton Boys?
10. How did Franklin typify the American ideal, according to "Chapter One"?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)