|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Benjamin Franklin spend touring the colonies?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 8 months.
2. Why didn't Deborah follow Benjamin Franklin to London?
(a) They were not getting along well.
(b) He knew she would not be comfortable in London society.
(c) He knew she was in love.
(d) She knew he was not faithful.
3. What did Benjamin Franklin choose over hotheadedness to make his argument?
4. What did Francis Franklin die of?
(a) Small pox.
(d) Chicken pox.
5. What consequences did the end of the partnership between Benjamin Franklin and David Hall have?
(a) Franklin lost his home.
(b) It cut into Benjamin Franklin's income.
(c) Franklin lost his business space.
(d) Franklin lost his clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin's concern over national identity foreshadow?
2. What traveling preacher was Benjamin Franklin partial to?
3. What does Walter Isaacson think Benjamin Franklin exemplified?
4. Where dd Benjamin Franklin set up his printing shop?
5. Who did Benjamin Franklin seek to work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Franklin's relationships like with other men?
2. Why did Franklin create the Pennsylvania Militia?
3. What did the Assembly vote to do, at the end of "Chapter Nine?"
4. Who criticized Franklin's ideas, according to the "Conclusion"?
5. What happened to William after Benjamin Franklin's death?
6. How did Franklin view chess?
7. What did Franklin attempt to do when he went to France, in "Chapter Thirteen"?
8. What did John Adams and Franklin disagree over, in "Chapter Fifteen"?
9. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
10. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)