|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin have the assembly do to support a hospital?
(a) Create socialized health care.
(b) Match raised money with public money.
(c) Create health insurance.
(d) Match public money with raised money.
2. Where did Benjamin Franklin stay while in England?
(a) Craven Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Wes Street.
(d) King Street.
3. Who survived the British expedition against the French in the Ohio Valley to become a pillar of the Revolutionary war?
(a) George Washington.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Thomas Mifflin.
4. What did Benjamin Franklin theorize attracted lightning?
(a) Church bells.
(b) Church steeples.
(c) Town squares.
(d) Clock towers.
5. Who was Benjamin Franklin's favorite sibling?
(a) His younger sister Jane.
(b) His younger brother Joseph.
(c) His younger sister Anne.
(d) His younger brother Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Benjamin Franklin return to America?
2. What did Benjamin Franklin choose over hotheadedness to make his argument?
3. How long did Benjamin Franklin stay in England on his third voyage there?
4. What was the name of the daughter of Benjamin Franklin's landlady while he was in London?
5. How did Benjamin Franklin think Britain treated Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the postage service become a public issue rather than a private interest?
2. Who was William Kieth, according to "Chapter Three"?
3. What was lightning considered prior to Franklin's work?
4. What were Franklin's goals, according to "Chapter Ten?"
5. What was the Union Fire Company?
6. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
7. What did Braddock underestimate and what did Franklin do to help the situation?
8. What were Franklin's relationships like with other men?
9. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
10. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)