|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the place of electricity in Benjamin Franklin's research?
(a) He used it to explain anathomical problems.
(b) It was its cornerstone.
(c) It was a minor part.
(d) He studied it after weather paterns.
2. What library did Franklin create?
(a) The Library Company of Philadelphia.
(b) The Library of Congress.
(c) The Colonized Library.
(d) The New America Library.
3. Who was Benjamin Franklin's favorite sibling?
(a) His younger brother Thomas.
(b) His younger sister Jane.
(c) His younger brother Joseph.
(d) His younger sister Anne.
4. What does Walter Isaacson say Benjamin Franklin easily made?
(a) Long-term relationships with women.
(b) Casual male friends.
(c) Casual female friends.
(d) Long-term relationships with men.
5. On the way to London, who offered to pay Benjamin Franklin's way back to America?
(a) Mr. Danson.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Denham.
(d) Mr. Dapson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Paxton Boys kill?
2. What was Benjamin Franklin supposed to get in London for the printing shop?
3. Which of Benjamin Franklin's ancestors migrated to America?
4. "Chapter One" argues Benjamin Franklin was the country's first what?
5. When did the Assembly vote to send Benjamin Franklin back to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't Deborah and Franklin marry?
2. What did Franklin do in an effort to sink Keimer, in "Chapter Four"?
3. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
4. What did the Library Company of Philadelphia allowed Franklin to do, according to "Chapter Five"?
5. What did the Assembly vote to do, at the end of "Chapter Nine?"
6. What caused some historians to think Franklin's experiment was faked?
7. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
8. What atmosphere did Franklin recreate?
9. What was lightning considered prior to Franklin's work?
10. What was James' the first to fight for?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)