|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Benjamin Franklin reunited with while in England?
(a) William's illegitimate son.
(b) William's mother.
(c) A romantic interest.
(d) Franklin's sister.
2. Why was Benjamin Franklin's brother James arrested?
(a) Because of his political views.
(b) Because of contempt of court.
(c) Because of libel.
(d) Because of defamation.
3. Who was the printer Benjamin Franklin was referred to in Philadelphia?
(a) Samson Kremson.
(b) Samuel Keimer.
(c) Samuel Kreimer.
(d) Sampson Kramer.
4. Why did Benjamin Frankly create the Junto?
(a) To speak about politics.
(b) To loan books.
(c) To talk about a rebellion.
(d) To further his business life.
5. Whose coronation did Benjamin Franklin attend in 1761?
(a) King George III.
(b) King George I.
(c) King George II.
(d) King George IV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consequences did the end of the partnership between Benjamin Franklin and David Hall have?
2. What did Benjamin Franklin have the assembly do to support a hospital?
3. When was Benjamin Franklin invited to join the Freemasons?
4. What did Benjamin Franklin theorize attracted lightning?
5. Where did Benjamin Franklin stay while in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three areas did Franklin attack the Penns over?
2. What was the Stamp Act of 1765?
3. How long did Franklin think he would work in London, in "Chapter Eight"?
4. What caused some historians to think Franklin's experiment was faked?
5. How did Franklin typify the American ideal, according to "Chapter One"?
6. What did the Library Company of Philadelphia allowed Franklin to do, according to "Chapter Five"?
7. What atmosphere did Franklin recreate?
8. What was the Union Fire Company?
9. Who was George Whitefield, and what did Franklin admire about him?
10. What was Franklin's view of the role of women?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)