|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the colonies to think as a unit instead of separate states?
(a) The Tea Party.
(b) The Midnight Ride.
(c) The Assembly.
(d) The Stamp Act.
2. Who did the Paxton Boys kill?
(a) 12 unarmed Indians.
(b) 4 unarmed Indians.
(c) 9 unarmed Indians.
(d) 6 unarmed Indians.
3. Whose coronation did Benjamin Franklin attend in 1761?
(a) King George II.
(b) King George I.
(c) King George IV.
(d) King George III.
4. What did Benjamin Franklin invented in 1742, according to "Chapter Six" and "Chapter Seven"?
(a) The Pennsylvania Fireplace.
(b) The Pennsylvania washing machine.
(c) The Pennsylvania light.
(d) The Pennsylvania cariage.
5. Where dd Benjamin Franklin set up his printing shop?
(a) Pearl Street.
(b) 1st Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Market Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Benjamin Franklin think Britain treated Americans?
2. What did Benjamin Franklin's assignment as clerk allowed him to take away from Bradford?
3. What caused Benjamin Franklin's friendship with James Ralph to end?
4. On the way to London, who offered to pay Benjamin Franklin's way back to America?
5. Who took over Benjamin Franklin's duty as clerk for the assembly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
2. To what did Franklin hope to be assigned, in "Chapter Nine"?
3. Who was William Kieth, according to "Chapter Three"?
4. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
5. What troubled Franklin about William?
6. Why did Franklin create the Pennsylvania Militia?
7. What did Braddock underestimate and what did Franklin do to help the situation?
8. What three areas did Franklin attack the Penns over?
9. What atmosphere did Franklin recreate?
10. How did Franklin typify the American ideal, according to "Chapter One"?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)