|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin have the assembly do to support a hospital?
(a) Create health insurance.
(b) Create socialized health care.
(c) Match raised money with public money.
(d) Match public money with raised money.
2. Who competed against Benjamin Franklin, as a result of Franklin's success as a printer?
(a) Thomas Hutchinson.
(b) Andrew Hamilton.
(c) Benny Bache.
(d) Andrew Bradford.
3. What does Walter Isaacson think Benjamin Franklin exemplified?
(a) The American ideal of religion.
(b) The American ideal of philosophy.
(c) The American ideal of freedom.
(d) The American ideal of upward mobility.
4. Why did Benjamin Frankly create the Junto?
(a) To further his business life.
(b) To talk about a rebellion.
(c) To speak about politics.
(d) To loan books.
5. Why did Benjamin Franklin work only a short time as a merchant?
(a) The store closed.
(b) He was needed elsewhere.
(c) Mr. Denham died.
(d) He was offered a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to London, who offered to pay Benjamin Franklin's way back to America?
2. What did Benjamin Franklin believe about individualism and communitarianism?
3. Whose coronation did Benjamin Franklin attend in 1761?
4. What is the current name of the college Benjamin Franklin opened?
5. Who was the printer Benjamin Franklin was referred to in Philadelphia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What atmosphere did Franklin recreate?
2. What troubled Franklin about William?
3. What was the Stamp Act of 1765?
4. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
5. To what did Franklin hope to be assigned, in "Chapter Nine"?
6. Why did Franklin create the Pennsylvania Militia?
7. How were Americans regarded in London?
8. What did Franklin do in an effort to sink Keimer, in "Chapter Four"?
9. What did Franklin always try to link, according to "Chapter One"?
10. What did Franklin write on his voyage, and why was it significant?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)