|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Benjamin Franklin's partnership with David Hall end?
(a) End of 1766.
(b) Beginning of 1766.
(c) Middle of 1766.
(d) End of 1765.
2. How did Britain rationalize sending convicts to America?
(a) The change in government would change them.
(b) The change in punishment would discipline them.
(c) The change in food would discipline them.
(d) The change in climate would change their dispositions.
3. What does "Chapter Five" say was sweeping through the colonies at the time of Benjamin Franklin's invitation to join the Freemasons?
(a) The Great Awakening.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
4. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he was enrolled in Latin school?
5. Where did Benjamin Franklin and his new co-postmaster extend the postal service to?
(d) All 13 colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the daughter of Benjamin Franklin's landlady while he was in London?
2. Where did Benjamin Franklin arrive at the start of "Chapter One"?
3. What did Benjamin Franklin's assignment as clerk allowed him to take away from Bradford?
4. Whose coronation did Benjamin Franklin attend in 1761?
5. Who took over Benjamin Franklin's duty as clerk for the assembly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Stamp Act of 1765?
2. What cut into Franklin's income at the end of 1766?
3. How were Americans regarded in London?
4. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
5. What did the Library Company of Philadelphia allowed Franklin to do, according to "Chapter Five"?
6. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
7. What did the colony's safety depend on?
8. Why couldn't Deborah and Franklin marry?
9. What was lightning considered prior to Franklin's work?
10. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)