|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took over Benjamin Franklin's duty as clerk for the assembly?
(a) His opponent.
(b) His son William.
(c) His grandson Temple.
(d) His friend Hume.
2. What was the name of the daughter of Benjamin Franklin's landlady while he was in London?
3. Why did Benjamin Franklin create his militia?
(a) Because of religious uprising.
(b) Because of the threats from the French.
(c) Because of the threat from England.
(d) Because of the threats from French and Indian war.
4. What manifesto did Benjamin Franklin write on his way to London?
(a) The Way to Wealth.
(b) Poor Richard's Almanac.
(c) Plan for Future Conduct.
(d) A memoir.
5. What was Benjamin Franklin's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Benjamin Franklin court before going to London?
2. When did Deborah give birth to a daughter?
3. What caused Benjamin Franklin's friendship with James Ralph to end?
4. Who was the printer that Benjamin Franklin met in New York, according to "Chapter Three" and "Chapter Four"?
5. Why did the Assembly send Benjamin Franklin back to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What cut into Franklin's income at the end of 1766?
2. What did Franklin do in an effort to sink Keimer, in "Chapter Four"?
3. What were Franklin's relationships like with other men?
4. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
5. How did Franklin typify the American ideal, according to "Chapter One"?
6. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
7. What were the Paxton Boys?
8. What troubled Franklin about William?
9. What did the colony's safety depend on?
10. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)