|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Benjamin Franklin set up his printing?
(a) Hugh Abraham.
(b) Meredith Hughes.
(c) Michael Hugh.
(d) Hugh Meredith.
2. Who took over Benjamin Franklin's duty as clerk for the assembly?
(a) His son William.
(b) His opponent.
(c) His friend Hume.
(d) His grandson Temple.
3. What did Benjamin Franklin have the assembly do to support a hospital?
(a) Create socialized health care.
(b) Match public money with raised money.
(c) Match raised money with public money.
(d) Create health insurance.
4. Who was Benjamin Franklin's favorite sibling?
(a) His younger sister Anne.
(b) His younger brother Thomas.
(c) His younger brother Joseph.
(d) His younger sister Jane.
5. Who was the printer that Benjamin Franklin met in New York, according to "Chapter Three" and "Chapter Four"?
(a) William Bracon.
(b) William Brady.
(c) William Bradson.
(d) William Bradford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Junto Library allow Benjamin Franklin to do?
2. Benjamin Franklin disliked immigrants from what country?
3. Who offered to help Benjamin Franklin set up his own printing shop?
4. What was the name of the college Benjamin Franklin opened?
5. When did Deborah give birth to a daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom did Franklin stay during his time in London?
2. Why did the postage service become a public issue rather than a private interest?
3. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
4. What did the Library Company of Philadelphia allowed Franklin to do, according to "Chapter Five"?
5. Why did Franklin create the Pennsylvania Militia?
6. What did Franklin do in an effort to sink Keimer, in "Chapter Four"?
7. What were the Paxton Boys?
8. What was lightning considered prior to Franklin's work?
9. What troubled Franklin about William?
10. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)