|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin's father do for a living?
(a) He made tea.
(b) He grew cotton.
(c) He wrote books.
(d) He made candles and soap.
2. What did Benjamin Franklin theorize attracted lightning?
(a) Town squares.
(b) Church steeples.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Clock towers.
3. When did the Boston Massacre occur?
(a) March 5, 1770.
(b) March 25, 1770.
(c) March 15, 1772.
(d) March 5, 1771.
4. How long did Benjamin Franklin stay in England on his third voyage there?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 10 years.
5. What made Benjamin Franklin an opponent of the proprietor's control over the colonies?
(a) The Sherman act.
(b) The French and Indian war.
(c) The French revolution.
(d) The stamp tax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Benjamin Franklin work only a short time as a merchant?
2. What was the name of the daughter of Benjamin Franklin's landlady while he was in London?
3. Where did John Rogers disappear?
4. Who was the Proprietor of Pennsylvania when Benjamin Franklin was in London?
5. When did Benjamin Franklin retire from his printing business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
2. What did Franklin open, in "Chapter Seven"?
3. What did Franklin write on his voyage, and why was it significant?
4. What was lightning considered prior to Franklin's work?
5. Who was George Whitefield, and what did Franklin admire about him?
6. What cut into Franklin's income at the end of 1766?
7. What did the Assembly vote to do, at the end of "Chapter Nine?"
8. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
9. What did the Library Company of Philadelphia allowed Franklin to do, according to "Chapter Five"?
10. What was the Union Fire Company?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)