|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Benjamin Franklin reunited with while in England?
(a) Franklin's sister.
(b) A romantic interest.
(c) William's illegitimate son.
(d) William's mother.
2. When did Benjamin Franklin retire from his printing business?
3. What was Benjamin Franklin supposed to get in London for the printing shop?
(a) To get financing for the printing shop.
(b) To get paper for the printing shop.
(c) To get a business license for the printing shop.
(d) To get fonts for the printing shop.
4. When did Deborah give birth to a daughter?
5. What does Walter Isaacson say Benjamin Franklin easily made?
(a) Casual male friends.
(b) Long-term relationships with women.
(c) Long-term relationships with men.
(d) Casual female friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Benjamin Franklin's brother James arrested?
2. What did Benjamin Franklin theorize attracted lightning?
3. What did Benjamin Franklin approve of religion focusing on?
4. What did Benjamin Franklin use to attract lightning away from villages?
5. Where did Benjamin Franklin and his new co-postmaster extend the postal service to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's function at the convention, according to "Chapter Sixteen"?
2. What was the Union Fire Company?
3. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
4. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
5. What were the Paxton Boys?
6. How were Americans regarded in London?
7. What did Franklin always try to link, according to "Chapter One"?
8. What was Franklin's view of the role of women?
9. Who was Madame Brillon?
10. Who was Arthur Bancroft?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)