|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Benjamin Franklin reunited with while in England?
(a) William's mother.
(b) A romantic interest.
(c) Franklin's sister.
(d) William's illegitimate son.
2. What was the place of electricity in Benjamin Franklin's research?
(a) It was a minor part.
(b) It was its cornerstone.
(c) He used it to explain anathomical problems.
(d) He studied it after weather paterns.
3. Who was the printer Benjamin Franklin was referred to in Philadelphia?
(a) Samuel Keimer.
(b) Samson Kremson.
(c) Sampson Kramer.
(d) Samuel Kreimer.
4. What did Benjamin Franklin's concern over national identity foreshadow?
(a) His involvement in the right to bear arms.
(b) His involvement with the Revolution.
(c) His involvement with freedom of speech.
(d) His involvement in the postal system.
5. Why was Benjamin Franklin's brother James arrested?
(a) Because of his political views.
(b) Because of libel.
(c) Because of contempt of court.
(d) Because of defamation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the first character created by Benjamin Franklin?
2. "Chapter One" argues Benjamin Franklin was the country's first what?
3. Who was the printer that Benjamin Franklin met in New York, according to "Chapter Three" and "Chapter Four"?
4. Who went with Benjamin Franklin on a surveying trip?
5. When was Benjamin Franklin made a full member of the assembly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin always try to link, according to "Chapter One"?
2. What was Franklin's view of the role of women?
3. What was the Stamp Act of 1765?
4. What were Franklin's relationships like with other men?
5. What did Franklin write on his voyage, and why was it significant?
6. What did Braddock underestimate and what did Franklin do to help the situation?
7. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
8. What three areas did Franklin attack the Penns over?
9. Why did Franklin create the Pennsylvania Militia?
10. What did Franklin open, in "Chapter Seven"?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)