|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin theorize attracted lightning?
(a) Church bells.
(b) Church steeples.
(c) Clock towers.
(d) Town squares.
2. What caused Benjamin Franklin's friendship with James Ralph to end?
(a) A woman.
(b) A game.
(c) A bid.
(d) A job.
3. What militia did Benjamin Franklin create?
(a) The Pennsylvania Militia.
(b) The United Militia.
(c) The Boston Militia.
(d) The Colonist Militia.
4. What is the current name of the college Benjamin Franklin opened?
(a) Penn State.
(b) University of Pennsylvania.
(c) University of Paris.
(d) University of Pittsburgh.
5. Who did the Paxton Boys kill?
(a) 12 unarmed Indians.
(b) 4 unarmed Indians.
(c) 9 unarmed Indians.
(d) 6 unarmed Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Benjamin Franklin made a full member of the assembly?
2. Who was the Proprietor of Pennsylvania when Benjamin Franklin was in London?
3. When did the Board of Trade in London hold a conference in Albany?
4. What made Benjamin Franklin an opponent of the proprietor's control over the colonies?
5. How long did Benjamin Franklin stay in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin open, in "Chapter Seven"?
2. What were Franklin's relationships like with other men?
3. How were Americans regarded in London?
4. What was Franklin invited to join in December 1730?
5. Why did the postage service become a public issue rather than a private interest?
6. What was lightning considered prior to Franklin's work?
7. What cut into Franklin's income at the end of 1766?
8. What did Franklin do in an effort to sink Keimer, in "Chapter Four"?
9. With whom did Franklin stay during his time in London?
10. What did Benjamin's apprenticeship at age 10 spark an interest in?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)