|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Benjamin Franklin hope his son would marry?
(a) Caty Ray.
(b) Polly Stevenson.
(c) Mary Walass.
(d) Ingrid De Franch.
2. What did Benjamin Franklin's father do for a living?
(a) He wrote books.
(b) He made tea.
(c) He grew cotton.
(d) He made candles and soap.
3. How did Britain rationalize sending convicts to America?
(a) The change in punishment would discipline them.
(b) The change in government would change them.
(c) The change in climate would change their dispositions.
(d) The change in food would discipline them.
4. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he was enrolled in Latin school?
5. Why was Benjamin Franklin's brother James arrested?
(a) Because of contempt of court.
(b) Because of defamation.
(c) Because of libel.
(d) Because of his political views.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the daughter of Benjamin Franklin's landlady while he was in London?
2. Who did Benjamin Franklin stay with while in London?
3. What faction did Benjamin Franklin's paper support?
4. Who did the Pennsylvania Assembly win a libel case against?
5. What happened to Benjamin Franklin's father's first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the colony's safety depend on?
2. What did Franklin do with Leyden jars, in "Chapter Six?"
3. Why did the postage service become a public issue rather than a private interest?
4. What troubled Franklin about William?
5. Why did Franklin's family migrate to America, according to "Chapter Two"?
6. What did Franklin do in an effort to sink Keimer, in "Chapter Four"?
7. How were Americans regarded in London?
8. What was the Stamp Act of 1765?
9. Who was George Whitefield, and what did Franklin admire about him?
10. What method did Franklin adopt for his arguments and why?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)