|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Chapter Five" say was sweeping through the colonies at the time of Benjamin Franklin's invitation to join the Freemasons?
(c) The Great Awakening.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
2. What militia did Benjamin Franklin create?
(a) The United Militia.
(b) The Pennsylvania Militia.
(c) The Boston Militia.
(d) The Colonist Militia.
3. When was Benjamin Franklin born?
(a) January 27, 1705.
(b) January 7, 1708.
(c) January 17, 1706.
(d) January 7, 1706.
4. Where was Benjamin Franklin when his grandchild, Benjamin Franklin Bache, was born?
(a) At sea.
5. When was Benjamin Franklin made a full member of the assembly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin say he would rather build, according to "Chapter Five"?
2. Whose coronation did Benjamin Franklin attend in 1761?
3. What faction did Benjamin Franklin's paper support?
4. What did the Junto Library allow Benjamin Franklin to do?
5. How many prints were made of Benjamin Franklin's Dissertation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Library Company of Philadelphia allowed Franklin to do, according to "Chapter Five"?
2. Who was George Whitefield, and what did Franklin admire about him?
3. What was the Union Fire Company?
4. Why did Franklin create the Pennsylvania Militia?
5. What were the Paxton Boys?
6. What cut into Franklin's income at the end of 1766?
7. What did Braddock underestimate and what did Franklin do to help the situation?
8. What did Franklin open, in "Chapter Seven"?
9. How were Americans regarded in London?
10. What atmosphere did Franklin recreate?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)