|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Benjamin Franklin stay in London?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 years.
2. Whom did the British send to push the French out of the Ohio valley?
(a) General William Alexander.
(b) General Alexander McDougall.
(c) General Benedict Arnold.
(d) General Edward Braddock.
3. Who competed against Benjamin Franklin, as a result of Franklin's success as a printer?
(a) Andrew Bradford.
(b) Andrew Hamilton.
(c) Thomas Hutchinson.
(d) Benny Bache.
4. Where dd Benjamin Franklin set up his printing shop?
(a) Market Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Pearl Street.
(d) 1st Street.
5. How did Benjamin Franklin think Britain treated Americans?
(a) As first-class citizens.
(b) As second-class citizens.
(c) As ignorant.
(d) As asocials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fathered an illegitimate child in 1760?
2. Who did Benjamin Franklin stay with while in London?
3. Where did Benjamin Franklin and his new co-postmaster extend the postal service to?
4. What does "Chapter Five" say was sweeping through the colonies at the time of Benjamin Franklin's invitation to join the Freemasons?
5. Why did Benjamin Frankly create the Junto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Franklin create the Pennsylvania Militia?
2. What were Franklin's goals, according to "Chapter Ten?"
3. How were Americans regarded in London?
4. What was Franklin's view of the role of women?
5. What did the colony's safety depend on?
6. Who was William Kieth, according to "Chapter Three"?
7. What three areas did Franklin attack the Penns over?
8. With whom did Franklin stay during his time in London?
9. What did the Library Company of Philadelphia allowed Franklin to do, according to "Chapter Five"?
10. How did Franklin typify the American ideal, according to "Chapter One"?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)