|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin and William fight over?
(a) Temple and William's wife.
(b) The British.
(c) Temple and politics.
(d) Politics and William's wife.
2. What Masonic lodge did Benjamin Franklin go to in France?
(a) Masonic Lodge of France.
(b) Masonic Lodge of the Nine Brothers.
(c) Masonic Lodge of the Nine Fathers.
(d) Masonic Lodge of the Nine Sisters.
3. Who did Benjamin Franklin form a flirtatious relationship with while writing his family history?
(a) The Twyford girl.
(b) The Hewson girl.
(c) The Stevenson girl.
(d) The Shipley girl.
4. To what woman did Benjamin Franklin jokingly propose marriage?
(a) Madame Helvetian.
(b) Madame Brillon.
(c) Madame Helvetius
(d) Madame Hiroe.
5. What woman was Benjamin Franklin's neighbor in France?
(a) Madame Brillon.
(b) Madame Helvetius.
(c) Madame Hiroe.
(d) Madame Deane.
6. What position did Benjamin Franklin take at the Masonic lodge in France?
(a) Grand Master.
(b) Grand Regent.
(c) High Chair.
(d) High Lord.
7. What ship was John Paul Jones battling with when he said, "I have not yet begun to fight!"?
(a) The Royale.
(b) The Hopewell.
(c) The Colonial.
(d) The Serapis.
8. How many papers are considered to be the ones founding the republic?
9. Who did historians learn was a spy for the British?
(a) Arthur Bancroft.
(b) Madame Chaumont.
(c) Arthur Lee.
(d) Silas Deane.
10. What did "Chapter Sixteen," "Chapter Seventeen," and "Conclusion" say was added to Franklin's house?
(a) An infirmary.
(b) A visitor center.
(c) A library.
(d) A new kitchen.
11. Who did Benjamin Franklin send his last letter to?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) George Washington.
(d) John Adams.
12. What did Benjamin Franklin give to the rebellion?
(a) His home.
(b) His patents.
(c) His salary.
(d) His horses.
13. Who replaced Silas Deane in France, according to "Chapter Fourteen"?
(a) John Stephens.
(b) John Quincy.
(c) John Adams.
(d) John Hancock.
14. Who were Benjamin Franklin's commissioners?
(a) Madame Chaumont and Silas Deane.
(b) Arthur Bancroft and Silas Deane.
(c) Silas Deane and Arthur Lee.
(d) Arthur Lee and Arthur Bancroft.
15. How are Benjamin Franklin's family history disguised as?
(a) A letter to a friend.
(b) A letter to his grandson.
(c) A letter to his son.
(d) A letter to Deborah.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Benjamin Franklin die?
2. What office was Benjamin Franklin elected to after the end of the War for Independence?
3. Where did Benjamin Franklin meet George Washington to discuss the troops?
4. What did Benjamin Franklin inadvertently invent?
5. What career did Temple try and fail at after he returned to America?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)