|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the French try to do when Benjamin Franklin went to France?
(a) Give him citizenship.
(b) Get him to stay in France.
(c) Retrace his ancestry to France.
(d) Give him asylum.
2. What did Benjamin Franklin inadvertently invent?
(a) Invisible ink.
(c) Daylight savings time.
(d) The telescope.
3. What did Benjamin Franklin request after securing a loan for the war?
(a) To read.
(b) To take on a new role.
(c) To retire.
(d) To go on vacation.
4. Who were Benjamin Franklin's commissioners?
(a) Silas Deane and Arthur Lee.
(b) Arthur Lee and Arthur Bancroft.
(c) Arthur Bancroft and Silas Deane.
(d) Madame Chaumont and Silas Deane.
5. When did Benjamin Franklin die?
(a) April 7, 1784.
(b) April 17, 1786.
(c) April 17, 1792.
(d) April 17, 1790.
6. When did Benjamin Franklin travel to Quebec?
(a) March 1776.
(b) May 1775.
(c) April 1776.
(d) March 1775.
7. To what woman did Benjamin Franklin jokingly propose marriage?
(a) Madame Helvetius
(b) Madame Helvetian.
(c) Madame Hiroe.
(d) Madame Brillon.
8. What did Benny become after Benjamin Franklin's return in America, according to "Chapter Sixteen," "Chapter Seventeen," and "Conclusion"?
(a) A printer.
(b) A farmer.
(c) An inventor.
(d) A publicist.
9. What did Temple and General Lafayette want to stage?
(a) A trade embargo on England.
(b) Land invasion of England.
(c) An attack on London.
(d) Sea invasion of England.
10. Who tried to undermine Benjamin Franklin by attacking Temple in America, according to "Chapter Fifteen"?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Lee Adams.
(c) Temple Lee.
(d) Arthur Lee.
11. When did William publish some of his father's work?
12. Who prevented the British troops from arresting Samuel Adams and John Hancock?
(a) Jonas Clarke.
(b) Doctor Prescott.
(c) Paul Revere.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
13. What is the name of the little story that Benjamin Franklin wrote to explain his personality?
(a) The baglette.
(b) The baguette.
(c) The balette.
(d) The bagatelle.
14. When did Silas Deane's replacement arrive in France?
(a) March 1778.
(b) April 1778.
(c) May 1778.
(d) June 1778.
15. What did Benjamin Franklin observe while touring England, in "Chapter Eleven"?
(a) The media.
(b) The assembly.
(c) The war.
(d) The industrial revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin and William fight over?
2. What did Benjamin Franklin give to the rebellion?
3. What was the mission of the committee Benjamin Franklin chaired?
4. Where did Benjamin Franklin meet George Washington to discuss the troops?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin try to do in France?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)