|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin inadvertently invent?
(a) Daylight savings time.
(c) Invisible ink.
(d) The telescope.
2. Who was the nemesis Benjamin Franklin met while traveling Ireland and Scotland?
3. When did Sally and the women of Philadelphia raise donations to sew new shirts for the troops?
(a) November 1779.
(b) November 1778.
(c) December 1779.
(d) December 1778.
4. What did Benny become after Benjamin Franklin's return in America, according to "Chapter Sixteen," "Chapter Seventeen," and "Conclusion"?
(a) A printer.
(b) A farmer.
(c) An inventor.
(d) A publicist.
5. Who was king of France at the time of Benjamin Franklin's visit?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Louis VI.
(c) Louis V.
(d) Louis III.
6. Who did the French want Benjamin Franklin to meet?
7. What ship was John Paul Jones battling with when he said, "I have not yet begun to fight!"?
(a) The Colonial.
(b) The Royale.
(c) The Hopewell.
(d) The Serapis.
8. Who were Benjamin Franklin's commissioners?
(a) Madame Chaumont and Silas Deane.
(b) Arthur Bancroft and Silas Deane.
(c) Arthur Lee and Arthur Bancroft.
(d) Silas Deane and Arthur Lee.
9. When did the British troops try to arrest Samuel Adams and John Hancock?
(a) March 18, 1776.
(b) May 18, 1775.
(c) June 18, 1775.
(d) April 18, 1775
10. When did Silas Deane's replacement arrive in France?
(a) April 1778.
(b) May 1778.
(c) June 1778.
(d) March 1778.
11. When were the British defeated at Yorktown?
(a) September 1781.
(b) November 1781.
(c) August 1781.
(d) October 1781.
12. When did Deborah Franklin die?
(a) Christmas Eve of 1774.
(b) New Year's Eve of 1774.
(c) Christmas Day of 1774.
(d) New Year's Day of 1775.
13. What did John Paul Jones do before the Revolution war?
(a) He was a spy.
(b) He was a privateer.
(c) He was a navigator.
(d) He was a foot soldier.
14. Who was France's foreign minister at the time of Benjamin Franklin's visit?
(a) Comte de Vergennes.
(b) Comte Isidore.
(c) Comte Auguste.
(d) Comte Xavier.
15. What did Temple and General Lafayette want to stage?
(a) A trade embargo on England.
(b) Sea invasion of England.
(c) Land invasion of England.
(d) An attack on London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the friend Benjamin Franklin met while traveling Ireland and Scotland?
2. What did Benjamin Franklin request after securing a loan for the war?
3. What did "Chapter Sixteen," "Chapter Seventeen," and "Conclusion" say was added to Franklin's house?
4. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he started writing his family history?
5. What bird did Benjamin Franklin want as national bird?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)