|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did balloon mania hit France?
2. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he started writing his family history?
3. Who were Benjamin Franklin's commissioners?
(a) Arthur Bancroft and Silas Deane.
(b) Arthur Lee and Arthur Bancroft.
(c) Silas Deane and Arthur Lee.
(d) Madame Chaumont and Silas Deane.
4. What Masonic lodge did Benjamin Franklin go to in France?
(a) Masonic Lodge of the Nine Fathers.
(b) Masonic Lodge of France.
(c) Masonic Lodge of the Nine Brothers.
(d) Masonic Lodge of the Nine Sisters.
5. What did Benjamin Franklin study on his voyage back to America, in "Chapter Twelve"?
(a) The climate.
(c) Alarm systems.
(d) The Gulf Stream.
6. When did Silas Deane's replacement arrive in France?
(a) March 1778.
(b) April 1778.
(c) May 1778.
(d) June 1778.
7. Who did Benjamin Franklin send his last letter to?
(a) George Washington.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Adams.
8. Who was France's foreign minister at the time of Benjamin Franklin's visit?
(a) Comte Isidore.
(b) Comte Auguste.
(c) Comte Xavier.
(d) Comte de Vergennes.
9. How old was Benjamin Frankly when he died?
10. What did General Howe confiscate in Philadelphia?
(a) Franklin's business.
(b) Franklin's experiments.
(c) Franklin's family.
(d) Franklin's house and possessions.
11. When did Benjamin Franklin die?
(a) April 7, 1784.
(b) April 17, 1792.
(c) April 17, 1786.
(d) April 17, 1790.
12. What ship was John Paul Jones battling with when he said, "I have not yet begun to fight!"?
(a) The Royale.
(b) The Serapis.
(c) The Hopewell.
(d) The Colonial.
13. What did the French try to do when Benjamin Franklin went to France?
(a) Get him to stay in France.
(b) Give him citizenship.
(c) Retrace his ancestry to France.
(d) Give him asylum.
14. When did General Howe take Philadelphia?
(a) September 1777.
(b) October 1777.
(c) August 1777.
(d) November 1777.
15. When did William publish some of his father's work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the little story that Benjamin Franklin wrote to explain his personality?
2. What woman was Benjamin Franklin's neighbor in France?
3. What did Benjamin Franklin invent in August 1784?
4. What bird did Benjamin Franklin want as national bird?
5. What did John Paul Jones do before the Revolution war?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)