|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Benjamin Franklin retire from his printing business?
2. What traveling preacher was Benjamin Franklin partial to?
(a) Samuel Hemphill.
(b) Jonathan Edwards.
(c) Stephen Williams.
(d) George Whitefield.
3. Which of Benjamin Franklin's ancestors migrated to America?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
4. What does Walter Isaacson think Benjamin Franklin exemplified?
(a) The American ideal of religion.
(b) The American ideal of freedom.
(c) The American ideal of upward mobility.
(d) The American ideal of philosophy.
5. What was the name of the daughter of Benjamin Franklin's landlady while he was in London?
6. Who did Benjamin Franklin stay with while in London?
(a) Margaret Stevenson.
(b) Margaret Jacobson.
(c) Madame Hume.
(d) Madame Helvetius.
7. Who fathered an illegitimate child in 1760?
8. Who took over Benjamin Franklin's duty as clerk for the assembly?
(a) His friend Hume.
(b) His son William.
(c) His opponent.
(d) His grandson Temple.
9. What was the name of the college Benjamin Franklin opened?
(a) The non-England college.
(b) The anti-religion college.
(c) The anti-Empire college.
(d) The nonsectarian college.
10. "Chapter Five" says Benjamin Franklin did not accept what?
(c) Church dogma.
11. What governorship did William Franklin obtain?
(a) Governorship of New York.
(b) Governorship of Massachusetts.
(c) Governorship of Pennsylvania.
(d) Governorship of New Jersey.
12. Who offered to help Benjamin Franklin set up his own printing shop?
(a) Governor William Keith.
(b) Governor William Keats.
(c) Governor William Kearson.
(d) Governor William Keason.
13. What caused the colonies to think as a unit instead of separate states?
(a) The Midnight Ride.
(b) The Stamp Act.
(c) The Assembly.
(d) The Tea Party.
14. What was Benjamin Franklin's father's name?
15. Where was Benjamin Franklin when his grandchild, Benjamin Franklin Bache, was born?
(c) At sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Benjamin Franklin stay while in England?
2. What manifesto did Benjamin Franklin write on his way to London?
3. How did Britain rationalize sending convicts to America?
4. Who did Benjamin Franklin meet during his summer travels in England?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin have the assembly do to support a hospital?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)