|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was co-postmaster, according to "Chapter Nine" and "Chapter Ten"?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) William Penn.
(c) William Hunter.
(d) William Paxton.
2. "Chapter Two" states Franklin's family name meant what in the Middle Ages?
(c) Free thinker.
3. Who did the Paxton Boys kill?
(a) 12 unarmed Indians.
(b) 4 unarmed Indians.
(c) 9 unarmed Indians.
(d) 6 unarmed Indians.
4. Who was appointed co-postmaster following the death of the previous co-postmaster?
(a) John Adams.
(b) John Paxton.
(c) John Foxcroft.
(d) John Quincy.
5. When did the Boston Massacre occur?
(a) March 15, 1772.
(b) March 5, 1771.
(c) March 25, 1770.
(d) March 5, 1770.
6. Why was Benjamin Franklin vilified by some?
(a) His focus on religion.
(b) His focus on practicality.
(c) His focus on atheism.
(d) His focus on women.
7. How long was Benjamin Franklin expecting to stay in London, according to "Chapter Eight"?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
8. Who was Benjamin Franklin's favorite sibling?
(a) His younger brother Thomas.
(b) His younger brother Joseph.
(c) His younger sister Anne.
(d) His younger sister Jane.
9. Who was the Proprietor of Pennsylvania when Benjamin Franklin was in London?
(a) The Stevensons.
(b) The Downes.
(c) The Penns.
10. Who survived the British expedition against the French in the Ohio Valley to become a pillar of the Revolutionary war?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Thomas Mifflin.
(c) James Madison.
(d) George Washington.
11. Who offered to help Benjamin Franklin set up his own printing shop?
(a) Governor William Kearson.
(b) Governor William Keith.
(c) Governor William Keason.
(d) Governor William Keats.
12. Who did Benjamin Franklin seek to work for?
(a) The middling people.
(b) The centering people.
(c) The distant people.
(d) The nearby people.
13. Which of Benjamin Franklin's ancestors migrated to America?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
14. Who was Benjamin Franklin reunited with while in England?
(a) A romantic interest.
(b) William's mother.
(c) Franklin's sister.
(d) William's illegitimate son.
15. What country experimented with Benjamin Franklin's lightning theories, solidifying Benjamin Franklin's international reputation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current name of the college Benjamin Franklin opened?
2. With whom did Benjamin Franklin go to London?
3. When did Benjamin Franklin retire from his printing business?
4. Where dd Benjamin Franklin set up his printing shop?
5. What was Benjamin Franklin's daughter name?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)