|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faction did Benjamin Franklin's paper support?
(a) The Freemasons.
(b) The elected Assembly.
(c) The royalists.
(d) The Penns.
2. Who offered to help Benjamin Franklin set up his own printing shop?
(a) Governor William Keith.
(b) Governor William Kearson.
(c) Governor William Keason.
(d) Governor William Keats.
3. What was Benjamin Franklin's daughter name?
(a) Jane Franklin.
(b) Sally Franklin.
(c) Deborah Franklin.
(d) Mary Franklin.
4. Who told Benjamin Franklin that "as you go through this world--and you'll miss many hard thumps"?
(a) Cotton Mahon.
(b) Cotton Matson.
(c) Cotton Makson.
(d) Cotton Mather.
5. What did Benjamin Franklin believe about individualism and communitarianism?
(a) They are not achievable.
(b) They are needed for survival.
(c) They are overrated.
(d) They are not sought after.
6. Who was the Proprietor of Pennsylvania when Benjamin Franklin was in London?
(a) The Stevensons.
(b) The Downes.
(d) The Penns.
7. Why did Benjamin Frankly create the Junto?
(a) To further his business life.
(b) To loan books.
(c) To talk about a rebellion.
(d) To speak about politics.
8. Why did the Assembly send Benjamin Franklin back to England?
(a) To present a request to reverse taxation.
(b) To present a petition against Proprietors.
(c) To give the Paxton Boys back to England.
(d) To give ships back to England.
9. Why was Benjamin Franklin vilified by some?
(a) His focus on religion.
(b) His focus on atheism.
(c) His focus on practicality.
(d) His focus on women.
10. "Chapter One" argues Benjamin Franklin was the country's first what?
11. When was Benjamin Franklin born?
(a) January 7, 1708.
(b) January 7, 1706.
(c) January 17, 1706.
(d) January 27, 1705.
12. Who formed the Junto?
(b) Upper class.
(d) Mostly poor tradesman.
13. How did Benjamin Franklin think Britain treated Americans?
(a) As first-class citizens.
(b) As asocials.
(c) As second-class citizens.
(d) As ignorant.
14. What did Benjamin Franklin think of the bill proposed by the Proprietors?
(a) It was unequal.
(b) It was illegal.
(c) It was not applicable.
(d) It was poorly worded.
15. When did the Boston Massacre occur?
(a) March 15, 1772.
(b) March 25, 1770.
(c) March 5, 1771.
(d) March 5, 1770.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Benjamin Franklin supposed to get in London for the printing shop?
2. What traveling preacher was Benjamin Franklin partial to?
3. Who did Benjamin Franklin court before going to London?
4. Whose coronation did Benjamin Franklin attend in 1761?
5. Who competed against Benjamin Franklin, as a result of Franklin's success as a printer?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)