|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Benjamin Franklin set up his printing?
(a) Michael Hugh.
(b) Hugh Meredith.
(c) Meredith Hughes.
(d) Hugh Abraham.
2. How long did Benjamin Franklin stay in London?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. How long did Benjamin Franklin spend touring the colonies?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 9 months.
4. What did Benjamin Franklin approve of religion focusing on?
(a) Morality and compassion.
(b) Patience and morality.
(c) Patience and virtue.
(d) Morality and virtue.
5. On the way to London, who offered to pay Benjamin Franklin's way back to America?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Danson.
(c) Mr. Denham.
(d) Mr. Dapson.
6. Who formed the Junto?
(b) Mostly poor tradesman.
(d) Upper class.
7. What was Benjamin Franklin supposed to get in London for the printing shop?
(a) To get financing for the printing shop.
(b) To get a business license for the printing shop.
(c) To get paper for the printing shop.
(d) To get fonts for the printing shop.
8. What was the name of Benjamin Franklin's mother?
(a) Abril Forger.
(b) Abby Folson.
(c) Adriane Foldren.
(d) Abiah Folger.
9. What did Benjamin Franklin say he would rather build, according to "Chapter Five"?
(a) "A City of Saints than the City of Sinners."
(b) "A City for Man."
(c) "A City of Man than the City of God."
(d) "A City for the Colony."
10. How long was Benjamin Franklin expecting to stay in London, according to "Chapter Eight"?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
11. When was Benjamin Franklin invited to join the Freemasons?
(a) December 1830.
(b) December 1829.
(c) December 1831.
(d) December 1832.
12. What did Benjamin Franklin think of the bill proposed by the Proprietors?
(a) It was illegal.
(b) It was unequal.
(c) It was poorly worded.
(d) It was not applicable.
13. Why didn't Deborah follow Benjamin Franklin to London?
(a) He knew she would not be comfortable in London society.
(b) They were not getting along well.
(c) She knew he was not faithful.
(d) He knew she was in love.
14. With whom did Benjamin Franklin go to London?
(d) Caty Ray.
15. Who did the Pennsylvania Assembly win a libel case against?
(a) William Stevenson.
(b) William Downes.
(c) William Smith.
(d) William Denny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Benjamin Franklin an opponent of the proprietor's control over the colonies?
2. What caused the colonies to think as a unit instead of separate states?
3. What did Benjamin Franklin use to attract lightning away from villages?
4. Who was Benjamin Franklin's favorite sibling?
5. What did Francis Franklin die of?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)