|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it in Part 3, Narration?
2. How does Jahanara get to Calcutta?
3. What does Jahanara give Nizam before he leaves to fight with Aurangzeb?
4. When Aurangzeb comes to remove Jahanara from his cell, how many bodyguards come with him?
5. How long does it take for the Red Fort to surrender to Aurangzeb and his army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jahanara feel as if Allah has abandoned her?
2. What is the difference between Nizam and Isa from other men?
3. Why, as Jahanara's daughter grows older, does Jahanara spend fewer nights with Isa?
4. How does Jahanara survive being locked in a cell with two hungry cheetahs?
5. How is Jahanara discovered and imprisoned again?
6. What does Shah Jahan tell Aurangzeb about enemies?
7. How does Aurangzeb respond when Jahanara saves him from the snake?
8. In Chapter 13, when Jahanara goes into Aurangzeb's room, what does she see?
9. Why does Jahanara tell her granddaughters she didn't allow Aurangzeb to die?
10. What reason does Jahanara give her granddaughters for going back to Agra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Dara and Aurangzeb view war and fighting.
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 3 is titled "Lost Childhood." Discuss why and how Jahanara grows up quickly.
Essay Topic 3
Jahanara's father assigns her to assist the architect with the building of the mausoleum. Discuss Jahanara's duties as she assists with the building of the mausoleum and the value of her contributions to the project.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)