|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jahanara's daughter's coos remind her of?
2. What does Jahanara give Nizam before he leaves to fight with Aurangzeb?
3. How much time does Shivaji persuade the Sultan to give Jahanara and her family?
4. What does Nizam take from a cotton bag for the granddaughters to eat?
5. How many times has Jahanara asked herself why she didn't allow Aurangzeb to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aurangzeb do when a cobra without fangs is placed in his bed?
2. How does Isa reassure Jahanara that the neighbors will not hear the baby cry?
3. What does Jahanara say about the years following her daughter's birth?
4. Why, in Chapter 16, does Dara say that winning matters little?
5. How is Jahanara discovered and imprisoned again?
6. What does Shah Jahan want Jahanara to promise him before he dies?
7. What illness does Shah Jahan catch during monsoon season?
8. Where is Nizam assigned to serve in Aurangzeb's army, and how he is outfitted?
9. How does Jahanara survive being locked in a cell with two hungry cheetahs?
10. Why, as Jahanara's daughter grows older, does Jahanara spend fewer nights with Isa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Jahanara feels imprisonment is a curse and how she and her father deal with the curse of imprisonment.
Essay Topic 2
At one point, Jahanara has to make a choice whether to save Aurangzeb. Discuss the pros and cons Jahanara weighed before saving Aurangzeb's life.
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 3 is titled "Lost Childhood." Discuss why and how Jahanara grows up quickly.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)