|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many warriors does Aurangzeb command with Shah and Murad, in Chapter 15?
2. From what book is the quote taken at the beginning of Part 3, Narration?
3. How did the Sultan of Bijapur die?
4. What part of Isa does Jahanara see in her granddaughters?
5. What color fish does Jahanara see in Part 4, Narration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Nizam assigned to serve in Aurangzeb's army, and how he is outfitted?
2. Why doesn't Jahanara envy her granddaughters for their youth?
3. What does Shah Jahan tell Jahanara when she asks why Aurangzeb has became cruel?
4. Why, in Chapter 16, does Dara say that winning matters little?
5. What illness does Shah Jahan catch during monsoon season?
6. How does Aurangzeb respond when Jahanara saves him from the snake?
7. What does Jahanara begin to worry about as and Nizam get closer to where Isa might be?
8. How is Jahanara discovered and imprisoned again?
9. What does Shah Jahan want Jahanara to promise him before he dies?
10. How does Jahanara disguise herself when she returns to Jahanara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shah Jahan never loved again after his wife died. Discuss the relationship between Shah Jahan and Arjumand and the depth of their love.
Essay Topic 2
Jahanara uses veiled language to ask her father what she should do about her love for Isa. Discuss what Shah Jahan thinks about the love between Jahanara and Isa.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Jahanara marries Khondamir and how she feels about the marriage.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)