|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does the Sultan give Jahanara to spend with Isa and Arjumand?
2. What does Ladli bring Jahanara when she is imprisoned in a cell?
3. What is Jahanara thinking of when Nizam opens a cotton bag for a snack?
4. Where is Shah Jahan imprisoned once Aurangzeb captures the Red Fort?
5. On whom does Aurangzeb blame his retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jahanara see around her at the beginning of Part 4?
2. Where is Nizam assigned to serve in Aurangzeb's army, and how he is outfitted?
3. As the days of her imprisonment pass, how does Jahanara change?
4. How does Jahanara disguise herself when she returns to Jahanara?
5. How does Aurangzeb respond when Jahanara saves him from the snake?
6. What reason does Jahanara give her granddaughters for going back to Agra?
7. Why, in Chapter 16, does Dara say that winning matters little?
8. Why did Jahanara always try to show her father that she was worthy of his love?
9. Why does Jahanara feel as if Allah has abandoned her?
10. What does Jahanara say about the years following her daughter's birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Ladli sacrifices much to help Jahanara. Discuss how Ladli is able to help Jahanara and the sacrifices Ladli makes to do so.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why in Chapter 21, Jahanara must be separated from Isa and Arjumand again and why she has to return to Agra.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Aurangzeb and Dara. Show how they are alike and unalike in character traits, appearance, and other ways.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)