|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shape of the tomb chamber in the Taj Mahal?
2. In Chapter 12, how many men does Shah Jahan ask Aurangzeb to take north to deal with the Persians?
3. How many monks die when a Hindu temple is set on fire, in Chapter 12?
4. When Ladli comes to Jahanara's cell with Aurangzeb and Khondamir, what is painted on her robe?
5. From what book is the quote taken at the beginning of Part 3, Narration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Nizam and Isa from other men?
2. How does Aurangzeb respond when Jahanara saves him from the snake?
3. What does Jahanara see around her at the beginning of Part 4?
4. Who is Shivaji?
5. How does Nizam say Jahanara has repaid him?
6. As the days of her imprisonment pass, how does Jahanara change?
7. What does Shah Jahan tell Jahanara when she asks why Aurangzeb has became cruel?
8. How is Jahanara discovered and imprisoned again?
9. Why did Jahanara always try to show her father that she was worthy of his love?
10. Why, as Jahanara's daughter grows older, does Jahanara spend fewer nights with Isa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shah Jahan never loved again after his wife died. Discuss the relationship between Shah Jahan and Arjumand and the depth of their love.
Essay Topic 2
Jahanara requests mercy for a boy about to be executed and angers Aurangzeb. Discuss Aurangzeb's reaction to Jahanara's interference during the execution and how she escapes his revenge for the incident.
Essay Topic 3
There begins to be a tension in the Empire between Muslims and Hindus. Discuss Muslims and Hindus in the Empire and why there is a conflict between them.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)