|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arjumand marry?
2. How old is Arjumand when Jahanar begins taking her to the Taj Mahal so Isa might see her more often?
3. How long does the Sultan believe it will be before Isa completes the mosque?
4. How old is Jahanara when she escapes from Aurangzeb and flees to Bijapur?
5. Where do Dara, Aurangzeb, and Jahanara meet their father after the riots between Muslims and Hindus.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jahanara discovered and imprisoned again?
2. As the days of her imprisonment pass, how does Jahanara change?
3. What does Jahanara begin to worry about as and Nizam get closer to where Isa might be?
4. How does Jahanara disguise herself when she returns to Jahanara?
5. What does Jahanara see around her at the beginning of Part 4?
6. Where is Nizam assigned to serve in Aurangzeb's army, and how he is outfitted?
7. In Chapter 13, when Jahanara goes into Aurangzeb's room, what does she see?
8. What does Jahanara say about the years following her daughter's birth?
9. Why, as Jahanara's daughter grows older, does Jahanara spend fewer nights with Isa?
10. What does Aurangzeb do when a cobra without fangs is placed in his bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Dara and Aurangzeb view war and fighting.
Essay Topic 2
There begins to be a tension in the Empire between Muslims and Hindus. Discuss Muslims and Hindus in the Empire and why there is a conflict between them.
Essay Topic 3
The Emperor hears a case regarding a stolen bag of rice. Discuss the case and why the thief was not executed according to the law.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)