|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more men does Aurangzeb have in his army than Dara has?
2. How long does it take for the Red Fort to surrender to Aurangzeb and his army?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 1/2 weeks.
3. What color is Dara's helmet and chain mail?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Blue and yellow.
(c) Blue and silver.
(d) Yellow and green.
4. Who does Jahanara see in the faces of her granddaughters?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. How many monks die when a Hindu temple is set on fire, in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, where does Aurangzeb retreat in defeat?
2. How old is Jahanara when she escapes from Aurangzeb and flees to Bijapur?
3. How many troops did Aurangzeb lose when caught in a trap by Shivaji?
4. What did Jahanara do to Nizam when she returned to Agra?
5. How many warriors fought inside the Red Fort?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jahanara tell her granddaughters she didn't allow Aurangzeb to die?
2. Why, as Jahanara's daughter grows older, does Jahanara spend fewer nights with Isa?
3. Why did Jahanara always try to show her father that she was worthy of his love?
4. What does Aurangzeb do when a cobra without fangs is placed in his bed?
5. How is Jahanara discovered and imprisoned again?
6. How does Nizam say Jahanara has repaid him?
7. What does Jahanara see around her at the beginning of Part 4?
8. Why doesn't Jahanara wipe the blood from her face when Aurangzeb backhands her?
9. What does Jahanara begin to worry about as and Nizam get closer to where Isa might be?
10. Why does Jahanara feel as if Allah has abandoned her?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)