|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what desert does Aurangzeb fight the Rajputs?
2. How many horses do Jahanara and Nizam purchase in Allahabad?
3. How many troops did Aurangzeb lose when caught in a trap by Shivaji?
4. What gift does a mysterious messenger deliver, in Chapter 18?
5. How many more guards are there guarding Shah Jahan than when Jahanara left?
(a) 2 times as many.
(b) 5 times as many.
(c) 3 times as many.
(d) 4 times as many
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jahanara say there was at first after she saved Aurangzeb?
2. What does Jahanara say was the second thing to happen after she saved Aurangzeb?
3. Who does Jahanara see in the faces of her granddaughters?
4. What is one name for God that is used in Part 4, Narration?
5. What part of Isa does Jahanara see in her granddaughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jahanara wipe the blood from her face when Aurangzeb backhands her?
2. Where is Nizam assigned to serve in Aurangzeb's army, and how he is outfitted?
3. What is the difference between Nizam and Isa from other men?
4. What does Jahanara say about the years following her daughter's birth?
5. What does Jahanara see around her at the beginning of Part 4?
6. What does Jahanara conclude when she looks around at the beginning of Part 4?
7. Why, as Jahanara's daughter grows older, does Jahanara spend fewer nights with Isa?
8. What does Shah Jahan tell Jahanara when she asks why Aurangzeb has became cruel?
9. What reason does Jahanara give her granddaughters for going back to Agra?
10. Why, in Chapter 16, does Dara say that winning matters little?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)