|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, after giving her money to beggars, what does Jahanara wish to buy?
2. How many warriors fought inside the Red Fort?
(a) A few thousand.
3. How many windows does the chamber have where Shah Jahan is imprisoned?
4. How much time does Shivaji persuade the Sultan to give Jahanara and her family?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) A week.
(d) 4 days.
5. In what desert does Aurangzeb fight the Rajputs?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Jahanara and Nizam to reach Allahabad?
2. What will Jahanara tether to a cypress tree so the Sultan and his men will find a secret passage into the Red Fort?
3. What type of fruit does Shah Jahan eat when he is berating Aurangzeb for stirring up trouble between Muslims and Hindus.
4. How many more elephants does Aurangzeb have in his army than Dara has?
5. What color is Dara's helmet and chain mail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illness does Shah Jahan catch during monsoon season?
2. What does Shah Jahan tell Aurangzeb about enemies?
3. Why does Jahanara feel as if Allah has abandoned her?
4. Why, as Jahanara's daughter grows older, does Jahanara spend fewer nights with Isa?
5. What does Shah Jahan tell Jahanara when she asks why Aurangzeb has became cruel?
6. How does Jahanara disguise herself when she returns to Jahanara?
7. What does Jahanara begin to worry about as and Nizam get closer to where Isa might be?
8. What reason does Jahanara give her granddaughters for going back to Agra?
9. What does Jahanara say about the years following her daughter's birth?
10. In Chapter 13, when Jahanara goes into Aurangzeb's room, what does she see?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)