|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mumtaz Mahal mean?
(a) Chosen one.
(b) My beautiful one.
(c) Chosen of the Palace.
(d) My beloved.
2. How much of the Qur'an does Jahanara recite as she heals from the beating in her room?
3. What color does Jaha wear when she is being rowed down the Yamuna River?
4. What type of tree perches on the bank of the Yamuna River?
5. What is Jahanara drinking at the beginning of the Narration, in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Isa ask for to build the monument?
2. What do Shah Jahan, Aurangzeb, Dara, and Jahanara have to eat when they dine together in the harem, in Chapter 10?
3. Under what moon were Jaha's parents married?
4. When is Jahanara married?
5. What color is the marble in the room that used to belong to Arjumand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jahanara ask Ladli to tell Aurangzeb that Jahanara has stolen a ring from Khondamir?
2. Why does Jahanara have to be careful to see Isa only at the site?
3. What languages does Jahanara speak?
4. Describe the dry season in Agra?
5. How did Jaha's father meet her mother?
6. How does Aurangzeb plan to kill Dara?
7. Why does Shah Jahan have to wear spectacles for the rest of his life?
8. Who is allowed into the harem at Red Fort?
9. How does Jahanara describe herself at the beginning of the Narration in Part 2?
10. What does Shah Jahan do after Arjumand dies?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)