|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Nizam than Jahanara?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
2. What is Jahanara eating, at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What color tunics do Jahanara's brothers wear to her wedding?
4. What is the ceiling covered with in the Hall of Public Audience?
5. Under what moon were Jaha's parents married?
(a) Full moon.
(b) Half moon.
(c) Three quarter moon.
(d) Quarter moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy Jahanara tries to rescue at the river?
2. What type of tree perches on the bank of the Yamuna River?
3. When does Jahanara finally see her family after her wedding?
4. What could the architect that was hired by Shah Jahan turn marble into?
5. What color tunic does Aurangzeb wear when he goes with his siblings to play at the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jaha's father meet her mother?
2. What languages does Jahanara speak?
3. Why does Jaha tell the story of her family history to her granddaughters?
4. Why does Shah Jahan have to wear spectacles for the rest of his life?
5. Why did Jaha's daughter and husband bring her granddaughters to Agra?
6. Jahanara and Shah Jahan are blindfolded and led to the site of the Taj Mahal. What do they see when their blindfolds are removed?
7. What happens during a qamargah?
8. What reason does Shah Jahan give Jahanara for sending her east, and what is the actual reason he sends her to the east?
9. How does Jahanara describe the skills of the architect hired to build the monument for Arjumand?
10. Why does Jahanara have to be careful to see Isa only at the site?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)