|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Balkhi in prison?
2. How old is Jahanara when she marries?
3. By what river is the inn where Jahnara stays when she goes east to settle a dispute?
4. How old was Jaha's father when he first met her mother?
5. What angel whispered the words of Allah to Muhammad?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ladli doing when Jahanara sees her for the first time after Jahanara's wedding?
2. What color is the marble in the room that used to belong to Arjumand?
3. What type of breezes can make tears bloom within Jahanara?
4. How many women live in the harem?
5. What do Jaha's granddaughters believe that their great-grandfather did for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Because of Arjumand's influence, what happens instead of war in the Empire?
2. Why does Jahanara try to warn Dara, at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What does Dara say when Jahanara tells him that Aurangzeb plans to kill him?
4. What is Nizam's story?
5. What enemies does the Empire have in the days after Arjumand's death?
6. Describe the poem Jahanara's father wrote and where it was inscribed.
7. Why does Jahanara ask Ladli to tell Aurangzeb that Jahanara has stolen a ring from Khondamir?
8. How does Isa mimic Paradise in his building?
9. What are the Karkhanas?
10. What does Shah Jahan do after Arjumand dies?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)