|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jahanara, in Chapter 8, when she finds herself on a barge with Isa, Nizam, and a group of trusted craftsmen?
2. How soon will Isa need men to build the monument?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 months.
3. How much older is Nizam than Jahanara?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. What could the architect that Shah Jahan hired turn jade into?
(c) Realistic statues.
5. What does Ladli compare Khondamir to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will those who believe in the Qur'an and other religious scriptures receive?
2. Where does Jahanara go on a barge with Isa and some workers to collect white marble?
3. What type of a tongue does Jahanara say she has?
4. How many wives did Emperor Jahangir have?
5. What do Shah Jahan, Aurangzeb, Dara, and Jahanara have to eat when they dine together in the harem, in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jahanara describe the skills of the architect hired to build the monument for Arjumand?
2. Describe the dry season in Agra?
3. What reason does Shah Jahan give Jahanara for sending her east, and what is the actual reason he sends her to the east?
4. Why does Jahanara try to warn Dara, at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What is Nizam's story?
6. How are the Deccans causing trouble for the Empire?
7. Why does Jahanara ask Ladli to tell Aurangzeb that Jahanara has stolen a ring from Khondamir?
8. What does Shah Jahan do after Arjumand dies?
9. Why did Jaha's daughter and husband bring her granddaughters to Agra?
10. In Chapter 6, how does Isa describe the mausoleum to Jahanara?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)