|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days after Jahanara's beating by Khondamir does Ramadan start?
2. What did Shah Jahan do after his wife died?
(a) Lock himself in a small room.
(b) Sit in ashes.
(c) Pull out his hair.
(d) Dress in rags.
3. How old is Isa?
4. Where does the quote come from, at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(c) Book of Mormon.
5. How many men does Jahanara say Dara should take on his journey to negotiate a treaty?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy Jahanara tries to rescue at the river?
2. What color are the words of a poem inscribed on the ceiling above the Peacock Throne?
3. In the harem, what color do the ladies usually paint their nails?
4. What does Jaha say she cherishes as much as the sights along the Yamuna River?
5. How many days does it take to load the barges with marble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wares do artisans sell at Chandi Chowk?
2. What are the Karkhanas?
3. Describe the poem Jahanara's father wrote and where it was inscribed.
4. Describe the dry season in Agra?
5. What happens during a qamargah?
6. What does Shah Jahan do after Arjumand dies?
7. Who is allowed into the harem at Red Fort?
8. Why does Jaha tell the story of her family history to her granddaughters?
9. Why does Jahanara try to warn Dara, at the end of Chapter 3?
10. Why does Jahanara ask Ladli to tell Aurangzeb that Jahanara has stolen a ring from Khondamir?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)