|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jahanara tell Ladli to report that Jahanara has stolen from Khondamir?
(a) Silver ring.
(b) Silver coins.
(c) Gold ring.
(d) Gold coins.
2. How tall is the height of the main gate of the mausoleum?
(c) 30 men.
3. What nickname does Isa call Jahanara?
4. How old was Isa when he came to Delhi?
5. What Hindu god is the god of destruction and creation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jaha's father have to wed before he could marry Arjumand?
2. How long did Shah Jahan do nothing but grieve for his wife?
3. Where does the jade come from to make some of the flowers that adorn the walls of a room in the Taj Mahal?
4. How many days does it take to load the barges with marble?
5. When is Jahanara married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dry season in Agra?
2. Why does Jaha say the Emperor is cruel?
3. How does Dara describe Aurangzeb's conduct during the battle in the south?
4. What enemies does the Empire have in the days after Arjumand's death?
5. What responsibilities do Jahanara's brothers have, in Chapter 7?
6. What wares do artisans sell at Chandi Chowk?
7. What languages does Jahanara speak?
8. Why does Jahanara ask Ladli to tell Aurangzeb that Jahanara has stolen a ring from Khondamir?
9. How does Isa mimic Paradise in his building?
10. In Chapter 6, how does Isa describe the mausoleum to Jahanara?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)