|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time of day at the beginning of Part 4, Narration?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late morning.
2. What does Aurangzeb lack?
3. Who does Jahanara see in the faces of her granddaughters?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. Why did Aurangzeb turn cruel?
(a) Because of jealousy.
(b) Because of hate.
(c) Because of anger.
(d) Because of fear.
5. What did Jahanara do to Nizam when she returned to Agra?
(a) Set him free.
(b) Had him become a warrior.
(c) Had him become a spy.
(d) Sent him to Calcutta.
6. How old is Jahanara when Aurangzeb seizes the throne?
7. What color stallion does Aurangzeb ride, in Chapter 16?
8. How many warriors fought inside the Red Fort?
(b) A few thousand.
9. How many loves does Jahanara have during the years her daughter grows up?
10. In Chapter 13, how many minarets are finished being dressed with white marble?
11. How many troops did Aurangzeb lose when caught in a trap by Shivaji?
12. What gift does a mysterious messenger deliver, in Chapter 18?
13. In Chapter 13, after giving her money to beggars, what does Jahanara wish to buy?
14. How are the names of God described in the quote at the beginning of Part 4?
(b) Beyond comprehension.
(d) Beyond understanding.
15. How many more guards are there guarding Shah Jahan than when Jahanara left?
(a) 3 times as many.
(b) 2 times as many.
(c) 4 times as many
(d) 5 times as many.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Jahanara want her granddaughters to take from her story?
2. In Chapter 12, how many men does Shah Jahan ask Aurangzeb to take north to deal with the Persians?
3. What color fish does Jahanara see in Part 4, Narration?
4. From what book is the quote taken at the beginning of Part 3, Narration?
5. How many more elephants does Aurangzeb have in his army than Dara has?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)