|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ladli comes to Jahanara's cell with Aurangzeb and Khondamir, what is painted on her robe?
(c) Chinese dragons.
2. How long does it take for the Red Fort to surrender to Aurangzeb and his army?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 1/2 weeks.
3. How long does Shah Jahan want the celebration to last when the Taj Mahal is completed?
(a) 2 months.
(b) A month.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What does Nizam take from a cotton bag for the granddaughters to eat?
(a) Honey combs.
(b) Dried fish.
5. What did Jahanara do when she returned to Agra?
(a) Imprisoned her father.
(b) Freed herself.
(c) Freed her father.
(d) Imprisoned herself.
6. How many more guards are there guarding Shah Jahan than when Jahanara left?
(a) 4 times as many
(b) 2 times as many.
(c) 3 times as many.
(d) 5 times as many.
7. How many monks die when a Hindu temple is set on fire, in Chapter 12?
8. What is in a cell with Jahanara when she regains consciousness after the battle with Aurangzeb?
9. Where does Nizam have a long ugly scar?
10. What did Jahanara do to Nizam when she returned to Agra?
(a) Had him become a spy.
(b) Had him become a warrior.
(c) Sent him to Calcutta.
(d) Set him free.
11. What gift does a mysterious messenger deliver, in Chapter 18?
12. How does Jahanara get to Calcutta?
13. According to the quote at the beginning of Section 4, how many names are there for God?
14. When Aurangzeb comes to remove Jahanara from his cell, how many bodyguards come with him?
15. How many more elephants does Aurangzeb have in his army than Dara has?
Short Answer Questions
1. On whom does Aurangzeb blame his retreat?
2. What is one name for God that is used in Part 4, Narration?
3. What do Jahanara's daughter's coos remind her of?
4. Who does Arjumand marry?
5. In Chapter 13, after giving her money to beggars, what does Jahanara wish to buy?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)