|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aurangzeb turn cruel?
(a) Because of anger.
(b) Because of jealousy.
(c) Because of fear.
(d) Because of hate.
2. What does Ladli bring Jahanara when she is imprisoned in a cell?
(a) Dry bread.
(b) A robe.
(d) Bloody steaks.
3. What did Jahanara do to Nizam when she returned to Agra?
(a) Sent him to Calcutta.
(b) Had him become a warrior.
(c) Had him become a spy.
(d) Set him free.
4. How long does Shah Jahan want the celebration to last when the Taj Mahal is completed?
(a) A month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. What gift does a mysterious messenger deliver, in Chapter 18?
6. How long does it take for the Red Fort to surrender to Aurangzeb and his army?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 1/2 weeks.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 days.
7. How many years does it take to complete the Taj Mahal?
8. How long is Jahanara without word from Nizam, after he joins Aurangzeb's army?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
9. How did the Sultan of Bijapur die?
(a) Shot in the back.
(b) Fell off his horse.
(c) Gutted with a sword.
(d) Cannon knocked off his head.
10. What is in a cell with Jahanara when she regains consciousness after the battle with Aurangzeb?
11. How old is Jahanara when she escapes from Aurangzeb and flees to Bijapur?
12. How old is Arjumand when Jahanar begins taking her to the Taj Mahal so Isa might see her more often?
13. How many men on warhorses with lights do Jahanara and Nizam see when they travel one night?
14. How many windows does the chamber have where Shah Jahan is imprisoned?
15. What is one name for God that is used in Part 4, Narration?
(a) Holy One.
(d) Most High.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the quote at the beginning of Section 4, how many names are there for God?
2. What does Jahanara give Nizam before he leaves to fight with Aurangzeb?
3. How many more men does Aurangzeb have in his army than Dara has?
4. How many men like Nizam does Jahanara wish they had at a battle?
5. How old is Dara's son when he is executed?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)