|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fruit does Shah Jahan eat when he is berating Aurangzeb for stirring up trouble between Muslims and Hindus.
2. What did Jahanara do to Nizam when she returned to Agra?
(a) Had him become a spy.
(b) Had him become a warrior.
(c) Set him free.
(d) Sent him to Calcutta.
3. What does Jahanara say was the second thing to happen after she saved Aurangzeb?
4. How long does the Sultan believe it will be before Isa completes the mosque?
(a) 4-5 years.
(b) 3-5 years.
(c) 1-2 years.
(d) 6-7 years.
5. What message does Jahanara want her granddaughters to take from her story?
(a) That they needn't ever prove anything to anyone except themselves.
(b) That they must be ready to kill their brother if the need presents itself.
(c) That they must be careful who they trust.
(d) That they must always care for their parents.
6. Where do Dara, Aurangzeb, and Jahanara meet their father after the riots between Muslims and Hindus.
(a) A courtyard.
(b) Shah Jahan's rooms.
(d) Shah Jahan's private balcony.
7. What is one name for God that is used in Part 4, Narration?
(a) Most High.
(b) Holy One.
8. What color is Dara's helmet and chain mail?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(b) Yellow and green.
(c) Blue and silver.
(d) Red and black.
9. What does Jahanara give Nizam before he leaves to fight with Aurangzeb?
(c) Brooch with portrait of her mother.
(d) A lock of her hair.
10. What part of Isa does Jahanara see in her granddaughters?
11. What did Jahanara do when she returned to Agra?
(a) Imprisoned herself.
(b) Freed herself.
(c) Freed her father.
(d) Imprisoned her father.
12. Where does Nizam have a long ugly scar?
13. In Chapter 13, how many minarets are finished being dressed with white marble?
14. Where does the quote come from that is written at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) Song of the Soul.
(b) Death and Reincarnation.
(c) Epic Nation.
(d) The Mingling of the Two Oceans.
15. How old is Jahanara when she escapes from Aurangzeb and flees to Bijapur?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more elephants does Aurangzeb have in his army than Dara has?
2. How many years does it take to complete the Taj Mahal?
3. How many troops did Aurangzeb lose when caught in a trap by Shivaji?
4. In Chapter 13, after giving her money to beggars, what does Jahanara wish to buy?
5. How old is Dara's son when he is executed?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)