|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years after Arjumand's death did Shah Jahan give up all worldly pleasures?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. What does Jaha say she cherishes as much as the sights along the Yamuna River?
(a) Memories of her infant daughter.
(b) Her mother's face.
(c) Her lover's face.
(d) Her grandchildren when she first saw them born.
3. What does Ladli compare Khondamir to?
4. What is Jahanara eating, at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. How old was Jaha's father when he first met her mother?
6. What color tunics do Jahanara's brothers wear to her wedding?
7. What is the predominant color in Agra?
8. What is on Jaha's right as she is rowed down the Yamuna River?
(a) Hindu Temple.
(b) Taj Mahal.
(d) Red Fort.
9. Under what moon were Jaha's parents married?
(a) Quarter moon.
(b) Full moon.
(c) Half moon.
(d) Three quarter moon.
10. How soon will Isa need men to build the monument?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
11. How many years did Jaha's grandfather tell her father that he had to wait to marry Arjumand?
12. What does Mumtaz Mahal mean?
(a) Chosen of the Palace.
(b) My beloved.
(c) Chosen one.
(d) My beautiful one.
13. When does Jahanara finally see her family after her wedding?
(a) At the beginning of fall.
(b) At the end of winter.
(c) Summer's end.
(d) Beginning of spring.
14. How much of the Qur'an does Jahanara recite as she heals from the beating in her room?
15. Where are Jahanara's family on a military campaign during the first few weeks of her marriage?
(a) In the west.
(b) In the south.
(c) In the east.
(d) In the north.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jahanara go on a barge with Isa and some workers to collect white marble?
2. What color is Nizam's hair?
3. What does Ladli draw on a note that she has Nizam deliver to Jahanara?
4. What could the architect that Shah Jahan hired turn jade into?
5. What color tunic does Aurangzeb wear when he goes with his siblings to play at the river?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)