|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shah Jahan do after his wife died?
(a) Dress in rags.
(b) Pull out his hair.
(c) Lock himself in a small room.
(d) Sit in ashes.
2. Who did Jaha's father have to wed before he could marry Arjumand?
(a) A Pakistani princess.
(b) A noble's daughter.
(c) An Indian princess.
(d) A Persian princess.
3. A merchant is sentenced to death for using false scales. How old is his son?
4. What could the architect that Shah Jahan hired turn jade into?
(a) Realistic statues.
5. How old was Isa when he came to Delhi?
6. What color tunics do Jahanara's brothers wear to her wedding?
7. Where does Jahanara go on a barge with Isa and some workers to collect white marble?
8. Where does the quote come from, at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Book of Mormon.
9. In Chapter 10, how long has Ladli been intimate with Aurangzeb?
(a) 6-7 moons.
(b) 4-5 moons.
(c) 1-2 weeks.
(d) 3-4 weeks.
10. What could the architect that was hired by Shah Jahan turn marble into?
11. What does Jahanara give the physician for staying the night with Dara when Dara becomes ill from poisoned meat?
(a) Precious gems.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Silver coins.
(d) Silk and golden thread.
12. How many years did Jaha's grandfather tell her father that he had to wait to marry Arjumand?
13. In Chapter 10, what is embroidered on the robe Shah Jahan wears when he watches girls dancing in the harem?
(a) Chinese Dragons.
(c) Cypress trees.
14. What type of breezes can make tears bloom within Jahanara?
(a) Breezes from the ocean.
(b) Breezes from a freshly plowed field.
(c) Breezes that rise from beyond the Taj Mahal.
(d) Breezes from the river.
15. What does Aurangzeb eat as he awaits the execution of a merchant who falsified his scales?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jaha's father when he first met her mother?
2. What type of perfume is rubbed into Jahanara's skin on her wedding day?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, in how many days does Aurangzeb plan to kill Dara?
4. What color does Jaha wear when she is being rowed down the Yamuna River?
5. What does Mumtaz Mahal mean?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)