|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what river is the inn where Jahnara stays when she goes east to settle a dispute?
2. What type of perfume is rubbed into Jahanara's skin on her wedding day?
3. What type of breezes can make tears bloom within Jahanara?
(a) Breezes that rise from beyond the Taj Mahal.
(b) Breezes from the river.
(c) Breezes from the ocean.
(d) Breezes from a freshly plowed field.
4. What is Khondamir's house built from?
5. How old was Nizam when his parents were killed by a warlord?
6. In the harem, what color do the ladies usually paint their nails?
7. What could the architect that was hired by Shah Jahan turn marble into?
8. What angel whispered the words of Allah to Muhammad?
9. What does Jahanara compare Isa to when she first meets him in her father's audience hall?
10. How many teeth does the physician have who attended Arjumand when she died?
11. What is Jahanara drinking at the beginning of the Narration, in Chapter 2?
12. What color is the marble in the room that used to belong to Arjumand?
13. What is the name of the man who steals a bag of rice?
14. What is Jahanara eating, at the beginning of Chapter 1?
15. What is the predominant color in Agra?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy Jahanara tries to rescue at the river?
2. What color is Nizam's hair?
3. What does Ladli compare Khondamir to?
4. How many days after Jahanara's beating by Khondamir does Ramadan start?
5. What do Shah Jahan, Aurangzeb, Dara, and Jahanara have to eat when they dine together in the harem, in Chapter 10?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)