|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years after Arjumand's death did Shah Jahan give up all worldly pleasures?
(a) 3 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. What do Jaha's granddaughters believe that their great-grandfather did for a living?
(a) Carpet maker.
3. By what river is the inn where Jahnara stays when she goes east to settle a dispute?
4. How long does it take Aurangzeb to capture Bijapur?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) A week.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What does Aurangzeb eat as he awaits the execution of a merchant who falsified his scales?
6. In Chapter 9, how many years has the mausoleum been under construction?
7. Where does the quote come from, at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(d) Book of Mormon.
8. What religion is practiced by Jahanara's family?
9. What does Jaha say she cherishes as much as the sights along the Yamuna River?
(a) Her grandchildren when she first saw them born.
(b) Memories of her infant daughter.
(c) Her lover's face.
(d) Her mother's face.
10. How old is the boy Jahanara tries to rescue at the river?
11. How old is Isa?
12. How old is Jahanara, in Chapter 8, when she finds herself on a barge with Isa, Nizam, and a group of trusted craftsmen?
13. What is the ceiling covered with in the Hall of Public Audience?
14. What does Jahanara compare Isa to when she first meets him in her father's audience hall?
15. What color veil does Jahanara wear when she and Dara talk in the Abode of Love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jahanara eat for breakfast the day she is wed?
2. What do breezes remind Jahanara of?
3. How old was Isa when he came to Delhi?
4. Why was Balkhi in prison?
5. Who rows Jaha down the Yamuna River, in Part I, Narration?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)