|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bhutto told her mother-in-law that _______ would be the center of her universe.
2. Bhutto decided to marry _______ who was an athlete and polo player from Sindh province.
3. Bhutto declined to act in revenge towards the current leadership in Pakistan and the crowd shouted _______.
4. Benazir was eventually allowed to go to _______ in Europe for medical attention.
5. Benazir rented a small apartment in London that then became the headquarters for the ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Benazir's two main rivals in how she was running the country?
2. During a vacation to France Benazir was reunited with her brother Shah who then died shortly after. What were the circumstances of his death?
3. What kind of marriage did Benazir end up having? Why did she choose this way?
4. How did Benazir inform people of the referendum that Zia put together and encourage them to boycott?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 6, Benazir was allowed to visit her mother who was ill. What illness was she thought to have had?
6. Why did the Senate Foreign Relations Committee eventually learn the truth of Benazir's condition?
7. Describe the family of Benazir's husband and what his talents and interests were.
8. What were two of the biggest social problems in Pakistan that Benazir had to face upon her election?
9. How was General Zia using Islam to his advantage?
10. Why was Benazir's election to the post of Prime Minister exceptional?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Benazir attended Harvard, she began to join several groups and get more involved. Describe the purpose and function of the Harvard Crimson.
Essay Topic 2
Briefly describe the political structure of the Pakistani government. How many senators are elected? What is the length of their terms? How many provinces are senators elected from? Describe the National Assembly.
Essay Topic 3
The book was written by Libby Hughes. How might the story have been different if it were written by Benazir herself?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)