|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benazir was eventually released by the jail _______, however she was unable to see her mother.
2. Upon her release from jail, Benazir was put on a plane back home to _______, Pakistan.
3. In jail, Benazir turned _______ years old and hoped for a miracle every day.
4. According to the book, all of the following countries except ________ border the nation of Pakistan.
5. In school Benazir was taught all of the following languages, including the national language of Pakistan except _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Pakistani newspapers accuse Benazir's brothers of?
2. What event occurred that caused Benazir to take a break from her political activism?
3. During Benazir's junior year, her father was elected Prime Minister of Pakistan. What is the difference between the role of the Prime Minister and the president?
4. Describe the advice that Ali Bhutto gave to Benazir concerning power politics.
5. Benazir practiced and developed her speaking skills while at Oxford. To what organization did she belong and what was the topic of her first speech?
6. According to the book, Nusrat followed a traditional step for political families in Asia after Ali's arrest. What was it?
7. After becoming more comfortable with her surroundings, Benazir became more outgoing. What are some of the activities she participated in while at Harvard?
8. After Benazir completed her studies at Oxford she returned home and got a job. Who did she receive a job from and what did she do?
9. List the three degrees that Benazir was working on at Oxford.
10. East Pakistan became a new country shortly after Ali Bhutto's trip to the UN. What is the name of the new country and what were the circumstances which led to it being a new country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Benazir's father was killed pursuing his beliefs which appears to have strengthened Benazir's resolve to continue the fight. How would Benazir's life have been different if her father had not been killed?
Essay Topic 2
How would Benazir's story have changed had she not decided to get married? Given her political ambitions, why did she decide to marry in the first place? Why did Benazir keep her father's name?
Essay Topic 3
In 1965 Pakistan went to war with India but it only lasted a short time. What were the details surrounding the situation? How was Benazir's father involved?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)