|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the coup, Prime Minister Bhutto and the ______ remained popular to the general public.
2. As a condition of their house arrest, the Bhuttos could not do all of the following except ______.
3. Benazir's father served Pakistan at the United Nations for ______ years, which often meant he did not see his daughter.
4. The names of Benazir's siblings included all of the following except ______.
5. Benazir befriended several of the girls who were near her room including ________, who helped her to learn how to answer the telephone.
Short Essay Questions
1. Ali Bhutto had long been a representative of Pakistan and was present for the beginning of the partition. Describe what is meant in the book by the "Partition".
2. What did the Pakistani newspapers accuse Benazir's brothers of?
3. Why did Benazir have to spend some time managing the family's land holdings?
4. During Benazir's junior year, her father was elected Prime Minister of Pakistan. What is the difference between the role of the Prime Minister and the president?
5. List and describe the languages that Benazir was required to learn as part of her education.
6. What was the result of Ali Bhutto's trip to the Untied Nations during the war in 1965?
7. Describe the advice that Ali Bhutto gave to Benazir concerning power politics.
8. What was strange about the final sentence that was carried out for Ali Bhutto?
9. Benazir was eventually accepted to Harvard although the administrators were worried about her. What family was responsible for helping Benazir and how did they help?
10. East Pakistan became a new country shortly after Ali Bhutto's trip to the UN. What is the name of the new country and what were the circumstances which led to it being a new country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways that General Zia used Islam to weaken Bhutto's campaign to be prime minister?
Essay Topic 2
According to the book, "Bhutto worked to harbor no bitterness towards her opponents". Describe the actions she made that demonstrated this commitment. Why was it important to her?
Essay Topic 3
The book was written by Libby Hughes. How might the story have been different if it were written by Benazir herself?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)