|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to improve trade and foreign relations, Pakistan joined the ______ Commonwealth.
2. During the celebration, _______ arrived and used tear gas against the crowd.
(a) The police.
(b) The communists.
(c) The military.
(d) The guerrillas.
3. _______ had been lifted by Zia in Pakistan, but Benazir did not trust him and continued to work for the restoration of democracy.
(a) Martial Law.
(c) Common Law.
4. People believed that all of the following except ________, were possible explanations for the crash.
(a) An act of God.
(b) Mechanical error.
(c) Tampering by the Soviets.
(d) Tampering by the Chinese.
5. After delivering her child, Bhutto was back at her job ______ days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, the MRD stands for ________.
2. Benazir provided information on the treatment of political prisoners in Pakistan to ________.
3. Benazir also spoke to the _______ Endowment for International peace in 1984 as part of her campaign.
4. According to the book, Zia's government allowed weapons from _______ fighters to flow into the country.
5. The book was written ______ months after Benazir's election as prime minister.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Benazir inform people of the referendum that Zia put together and encourage them to boycott?
2. While Benazir was touring in Europe to promote the restoration of democracy a change happened in Pakistan, but Bhutto didn't trust Zia. What was the change?
3. What was Ronald Reagan's initial response to reports of the abuse of political prisoners?
4. What kind of marriage did Benazir end up having? Why did she choose this way?
5. What was the location of the PPP while Benazir was recovering from her surgery out of the country?
6. Who were Benazir's two main rivals in how she was running the country?
7. Bhutto visited her mother in Geneva Switzerland. Besides her sister, what other family members did Benazir meet while she was there?
8. How did Benazir plan to expose the brutal mistreatment of political prisoners in Pakistan?
9. What action did General Zia take as an attempt to oust the PPP from taking part in the election?
10. How was General Zia using Islam to his advantage?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)