|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The U.S. president became angry at the mention of political prisoners and stated that ________ was living under great conditions.
2. Due to tensions that arose after the death of Shah, Mir and his wife _______ separated.
3. While recovering from her illness, Benazir developed a _______ to present to the international press.
(a) Military campaign.
(b) Economic campaign.
(c) Political campaign.
(d) Publicity campaign.
4. Drug trafficking was a major problem for Bhutto's new democracy. At that time nearly ________ Pakastanis were thought to be heroin addicts.
5. According to the book, Benazir's mother seemed to have ________ or lung cancer and Benazir was eventually allowed to visit her briefly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bhutto's child was named _______ which meant "one without equal".
2. Bhutto declined to act in revenge towards the current leadership in Pakistan and the crowd shouted _______.
3. On December 1, 1988, Bhutto was made __________ of Pakistan.
4. Shah and his wife _______ were living in Cannes. Benazir received a call from his wife stating that Shah had accidentally taken poison.
5. In order to improve trade and foreign relations, Pakistan joined the ______ Commonwealth.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Benazir's election to the post of Prime Minister exceptional?
2. Why did Benazir finally decide that the time was right to return to Pakistan in 1986?
3. Why was the United States providing money to Pakistan after Ronald Reagan was elected president?
4. Who were Benazir's two main rivals in how she was running the country?
5. To whom was Bhutto's ideals and government dedicated to?
6. What foreign relations situation did Benazir have to deal with immediately after coming into office?
7. What happened to interrupt the celebration of Pakistan's Independence Day in 1986?
8. What was the location of the PPP while Benazir was recovering from her surgery out of the country?
9. What action did General Zia take as an attempt to oust the PPP from taking part in the election?
10. What were some of the strategies that were employed to help Pakistan's economic situation?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)