|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ put pressure on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee until they received information on the actual conditions of the prisoners from Pakistan's foreign minister.
2. Bhutto was also opposed by ______, the president, who had ties to the former military regime.
(a) General Zia.
(b) Asif Zardari.
(c) Ghulam Ishaq Khan.
(d) Nawaz Sharif.
3. Bhutto decided to marry _______ who was an athlete and polo player from Sindh province.
(a) Asif Ali Zardari.
(b) Bilawal Zadari.
(c) Ayub Khan.
(d) Shariah Zadari.
4. The constitution of 1973 in Pakistan made it legal for _______ to run for high office.
(c) People of color.
5. Bhutto's sister _______ suggested that Zia did this because Bhutto's first child would be due and he expected her not to campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Benazir's mother left for treatment, Benazir was placed under house arrest in _______ for another 14 months.
2. Benazir's sister married Nasser Hussein by her own free will. The _______ interrupted the ceremony several times.
3. In order to combat the drug problem, Bhutto encouraged farmers of ______ to grow new crops.
4. Benazir's sister _______ was scheduled to be married on September 8th, 1981. Benazir received permission to go to the wedding.
5. Bhutto told her mother-in-law that _______ would be the center of her universe.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the strategies that were employed to help Pakistan's economic situation?
2. Why was the United States providing money to Pakistan after Ronald Reagan was elected president?
3. What foreign relations situation did Benazir have to deal with immediately after coming into office?
4. What happened in 1988 that caused General Zia to drop out of the race to be Prime Minister?
5. Why did Benazir finally decide that the time was right to return to Pakistan in 1986?
6. What was the location of the PPP while Benazir was recovering from her surgery out of the country?
7. What happened to interrupt the celebration of Pakistan's Independence Day in 1986?
8. Who were Benazir's two main rivals in how she was running the country?
9. While Benazir was touring in Europe to promote the restoration of democracy a change happened in Pakistan, but Bhutto didn't trust Zia. What was the change?
10. During a vacation to France Benazir was reunited with her brother Shah who then died shortly after. What were the circumstances of his death?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)