|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Bhutto won the election, she and her family moved to ______.
2. The Brigadier General would not allow _______ to receive appropriate medical attention for her illness.
3. After her sister's wedding, Benazir wrote a letter to _______, who had tried to see her on the order of the U.S. Government.
4. According to the book, the MRD stands for ________.
(a) Monetary Reserve Deficit.
(b) Movement for the Restoration of Defense.
(c) Militia for the Return of Democracy.
(d) Movement to Restore Democracy.
5. Bhutto made an agreement with _______ to build a nuclear power plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the celebration, _______ arrived and used tear gas against the crowd.
2. Bhutto believed that the Pakistani people owed it to ______ to make the necessary changes in the country to bring about freedom.
3. Shortly after her arrival back in Pakistan, Benazir was pushed towards the _______ which her father had built to symbolize Pakistan's birth.
4. Benazir wanted to stay with her family in Geneva, but she had to go to ______ for medical treatment.
5. Bhutto told her mother-in-law that _______ would be the center of her universe.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Benazir's two main rivals in how she was running the country?
2. To whom was Bhutto's ideals and government dedicated to?
3. What foreign relations situation did Benazir have to deal with immediately after coming into office?
4. What happened to interrupt the celebration of Pakistan's Independence Day in 1986?
5. What happened during Sanam's wedding that threatened to disrupt the marriage?
6. How was General Zia using Islam to his advantage?
7. During a vacation to France Benazir was reunited with her brother Shah who then died shortly after. What were the circumstances of his death?
8. What were some of the strategies that were employed to help Pakistan's economic situation?
9. How did Benazir inform people of the referendum that Zia put together and encourage them to boycott?
10. Describe the family of Benazir's husband and what his talents and interests were.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)