|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to tensions that arose after the death of Shah, Mir and his wife _______ separated.
2. When the polls closed in November, the PPP had won several victories. One of them involved winning 92 seats in _________.
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Regional Assembly.
(c) The Congress.
(d) The National Assembly.
3. Bhutto's child was named _______ which meant "one without equal".
4. People believed that all of the following except ________, were possible explanations for the crash.
(a) An act of God.
(b) Tampering by the Soviets.
(c) Mechanical error.
(d) Tampering by the Chinese.
5. In 1980, Ronald Reagan defeated _______ to become the next president of the United States.
(a) Walter Mondale.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Geraldine Ferraro.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Benazir left Pakistan she met her mother and ______ in the airport in Geneva.
2. Benazir also spoke to the _______ Endowment for International peace in 1984 as part of her campaign.
3. _______ had been lifted by Zia in Pakistan, but Benazir did not trust him and continued to work for the restoration of democracy.
4. Bhutto believed that the Pakistani people owed it to ______ to make the necessary changes in the country to bring about freedom.
5. According to the book, the MRD stands for ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Benazir's two main rivals in how she was running the country?
2. Why was Nusrat eventually allowed to leave her captivity and go to Europe for treatment?
3. Why was the United States providing money to Pakistan after Ronald Reagan was elected president?
4. While Benazir was touring in Europe to promote the restoration of democracy a change happened in Pakistan, but Bhutto didn't trust Zia. What was the change?
5. What was Ronald Reagan's initial response to reports of the abuse of political prisoners?
6. What happened to interrupt the celebration of Pakistan's Independence Day in 1986?
7. After being released from solitary confinement in Karachi, how did Bhutto attempt to thwart assassination attempts?
8. What were some of Benazir's main desires for Pakistan?
9. Bhutto visited her mother in Geneva Switzerland. Besides her sister, what other family members did Benazir meet while she was there?
10. How did Benazir inform people of the referendum that Zia put together and encourage them to boycott?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)