|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benazir ended up needing ________ to recover from her illness and it took some nine months to recover.
(b) Physical therapy.
2. According to the book, when Benazir arrived in Pakistan, ________ people were waiting for her.
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) One million.
(d) Ten million.
3. Zia also made all ______ political parties register with the government so he could decide which parties could participate.
4. Bhutto claims in the afterword that she wanted a _______ Pakistan committed to equality under the law.
5. According to the book only _______ percent of Pakistanis voted during the referendum, partially as a result of Benazir's efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bhutto promised to _______ of the United States not to become a nuclear power in exchange for military and economic aid.
2. The book was written ______ months after Benazir's election as prime minister.
3. _______ visited Pakistan in 1982, and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee challenged him with reports of abuse of political prisoners.
4. In order to stay away from her enemies, Bhutto made _______ separate plans for every trip that she made.
5. Bhutto escaped from the celebration ________ but was eventually caught and imprisoned in Karachi.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ronald Reagan's initial response to reports of the abuse of political prisoners?
2. During a vacation to France Benazir was reunited with her brother Shah who then died shortly after. What were the circumstances of his death?
3. Who were Benazir's two main rivals in how she was running the country?
4. Why was Nusrat eventually allowed to leave her captivity and go to Europe for treatment?
5. While Benazir was touring in Europe to promote the restoration of democracy a change happened in Pakistan, but Bhutto didn't trust Zia. What was the change?
6. What happened to interrupt the celebration of Pakistan's Independence Day in 1986?
7. What happened during Sanam's wedding that threatened to disrupt the marriage?
8. What foreign relations situation did Benazir have to deal with immediately after coming into office?
9. Why was Benazir's election to the post of Prime Minister exceptional?
10. What was General Zia's response to the international pressure that Bhutto was generating?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)