|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Brigadier General threatened to punish people by law for breaking ______ religious rules.
2. She felt that her new surroundings were less _______ than the United States and the accommodations were more modest.
3. To address the crop damage rumors, Benazir was directed to visit the city of ________ to show the Bhuttos cared.
4. Benazir acclimatized quickly to her surroundings and began to join several organizations including ________.
(a) Harvard Assembly.
(b) Harvard Crimson.
(c) Harvard Rowers.
(d) Harvard Intellectuals.
5. Benazir originally struggled with the dirty appearance of Americans, but eventually began to wear ______ and sweatshirts.
(c) Blue jeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time of the coup, Benazir learned how to deal with ________ and correct rumors.
2. During Benazir's ________ year at college, her father held a free election and was elected prime minister.
3. Benazir asked for legal help from _______ to defend her father against the death penalty.
4. Enemy jailers tried to convince Bhutto to _______, saying that people were deserting her cause.
5. Nusrat decided that the Brigadier General could only be beaten if the PPP joined with ______ an opposing political party.
Short Essay Questions
1. Name two of the three countries that made requests to repeal Ali's sentence and the name of Benazir's Oxford friend who helped in the case.
2. Benazir made a public relations trip on the behest of her father. Where did she go, who did she travel with, and what was the purpose?
3. During Benazir's junior year, her father was elected Prime Minister of Pakistan. What is the difference between the role of the Prime Minister and the president?
4. After completing three years at Oxford with her degrees, Benazir's father insisted she go for more study. How many years of additional study did Benazir complete and which topics did she study?
5. What event occurred that caused Benazir to take a break from her political activism?
6. Benazir was eventually accepted to Harvard although the administrators were worried about her. What family was responsible for helping Benazir and how did they help?
7. According to the book, Nusrat followed a traditional step for political families in Asia after Ali's arrest. What was it?
8. List and describe the languages that Benazir was required to learn as part of her education.
9. After Benazir completed her studies at Oxford she returned home and got a job. Who did she receive a job from and what did she do?
10. List the three degrees that Benazir was working on at Oxford.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)