|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benazir's father contacted the general who said that he would hold an election in ______ days and that Bhutto was under house arrest.
2. Benazir studied diplomacy and _______ at Oxford in 1976 at the insistence of her father.
(a) International Business.
(b) International Law.
(c) International Politics.
(d) International Ethics.
3. According to the book, all of the following countries except ________ border the nation of Pakistan.
4. In 1988, at the young age of ________ Bhutto was elected Prime Minister of Pakistan.
5. In 1977, Benazir was the first _______ or non-British person elected president of the Oxford Society to which she belonged.
(a) Person of color.
(d) Person under 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, Muslim men may have up to four wives. Benazir's mother was the ______ wife.
2. The Pakistani newspapers accused Mir and Shah of running a secret organization know as ________.
3. Benazir's intelligence and enthusiasm led her tutors to think that she might become an ambassador's assistant to the ________.
4. In 1973 Benazir was able to see a meeting in the United States between her father and ________, who was then Secretary of State.
5. According to the book, _________ is the capital of Pakistan and has been since 1959.
Short Essay Questions
1. During Benazir's junior year, her father was elected Prime Minister of Pakistan. What is the difference between the role of the Prime Minister and the president?
2. Benazir was eventually accepted to Harvard although the administrators were worried about her. What family was responsible for helping Benazir and how did they help?
3. What event occurred that caused Benazir to take a break from her political activism?
4. How did Benazir occupy her time as a political prisoner in the desert cell?
5. Benazir stated in the book that her mother's marriage to Ali Bhutto was "independent of Muslim tradition". Briefly describe Muslim tradition in terms of marriage.
6. In 1967, Ali Bhutto organized his own political party and was subsequently put in jail. What was the name and some of the goals of the party?
7. What was strange about the final sentence that was carried out for Ali Bhutto?
8. What position did Benazir win in the speaking organization that she belonged to at Oxford? Why was it significant?
9. What was the result of Ali Bhutto's trip to the Untied Nations during the war in 1965?
10. Why did Benazir have to spend some time managing the family's land holdings?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)