|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benazir's father held elections in ________ instead of August so that he could get to work on his campaign to secure rights in the foreign and civil service.
2. Once she arrived at Harvard, Benazir decided to major in _________, pleasing her father in the process.
(a) Radical Government.
(b) International Business.
(c) International Politics.
(d) Comparative Government.
3. During Benazir's second round of education she pursued all of the following degrees except ________.
4. During Benazir's ________ year at college, her father held a free election and was elected prime minister.
5. The book suggests that watching her siblings helped Benazir to develop skills necessary for _______.
(a) Managing money.
(b) Religious leadership.
(c) Leading people.
(d) Giving orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, the assembly has 237 members that serve _______ year terms.
2. According to the book, all of the following countries except ________ border the nation of Pakistan.
3. In 1977, Benazir was the first _______ or non-British person elected president of the Oxford Society to which she belonged.
4. During the time of the coup, Benazir learned how to deal with ________ and correct rumors.
5. For a period of time Benazir ran the family _______, an unusual position for a woman. However she excelled at it and won the respect of the local men.
Short Essay Questions
1. Name two of the three countries that made requests to repeal Ali's sentence and the name of Benazir's Oxford friend who helped in the case.
2. List and describe the languages that Benazir was required to learn as part of her education.
3. Provide at least 2 of the countries the border Pakistan and describe the relationship Pakistan had with at least one of those countries.
4. During Benazir's junior year, her father was elected Prime Minister of Pakistan. What is the difference between the role of the Prime Minister and the president?
5. What event occurred that caused Benazir to take a break from her political activism?
6. Benazir was eventually accepted to Harvard although the administrators were worried about her. What family was responsible for helping Benazir and how did they help?
7. Benazir stated in the book that her mother's marriage to Ali Bhutto was "independent of Muslim tradition". Briefly describe Muslim tradition in terms of marriage.
8. East Pakistan became a new country shortly after Ali Bhutto's trip to the UN. What is the name of the new country and what were the circumstances which led to it being a new country?
9. Describe the advice that Ali Bhutto gave to Benazir concerning power politics.
10. After becoming more comfortable with her surroundings, Benazir became more outgoing. What are some of the activities she participated in while at Harvard?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)