|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The names of Benazir's siblings included all of the following except ______.
2. Benazir studied diplomacy and _______ at Oxford in 1976 at the insistence of her father.
(a) International Politics.
(b) International Ethics.
(c) International Law.
(d) International Business.
3. Despite the coup, Prime Minister Bhutto and the ______ remained popular to the general public.
4. Nusrat decided that the Brigadier General could only be beaten if the PPP joined with ______ an opposing political party.
5. In 1973 Benazir was able to see a meeting in the United States between her father and ________, who was then Secretary of State.
(a) Henry Kissenger.
(b) George Schultz.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. For a period of time Benazir ran the family _______, an unusual position for a woman. However she excelled at it and won the respect of the local men.
2. According to the book, Benazir used her education in _______ at Oxford and her father's legal advice to make a case against her detention.
3. According to the book, Benazir Bhutto would be placed in charge of her ______ younger siblings
4. Prime Minister Bhutto had his wife and children return to their home in ________, Pakistan.
5. Benazir's father served Pakistan at the United Nations for ______ years, which often meant he did not see his daughter.
Short Essay Questions
1. After Benazir completed her studies at Oxford she returned home and got a job. Who did she receive a job from and what did she do?
2. According to the book, Nusrat followed a traditional step for political families in Asia after Ali's arrest. What was it?
3. Describe the advice that Ali Bhutto gave to Benazir concerning power politics.
4. What position did Benazir win in the speaking organization that she belonged to at Oxford? Why was it significant?
5. Benazir practiced and developed her speaking skills while at Oxford. To what organization did she belong and what was the topic of her first speech?
6. After becoming more comfortable with her surroundings, Benazir became more outgoing. What are some of the activities she participated in while at Harvard?
7. Name two of the three countries that made requests to repeal Ali's sentence and the name of Benazir's Oxford friend who helped in the case.
8. Why was there concern that Ali and Benazir's lives were in danger after Ali held parliamentary elections?
9. Why did Benazir have to spend some time managing the family's land holdings?
10. What did the Pakistani newspapers accuse Benazir's brothers of?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)