|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of May, 1988, Zia dissolved ________ and called for free elections in ninety days.
(a) The Senate.
(d) The Reichstag.
2. Benazir spoke out to ________ and the Council on Foreign Relations when Zia continued the execution of political prisoners.
(a) U.S. Congress.
(b) United Nations.
(c) European Parliament.
(d) U.S. House of Representatives.
3. The Brigadier General still in charge of Pakistan ________ and was praised by the American State Department.
(a) Spent the money on food.
(b) Gave the money to the poor.
(c) Kept the money.
(d) Bought Chinese weapons.
4. People believed that all of the following except ________, were possible explanations for the crash.
(a) Mechanical error.
(b) Tampering by the Soviets.
(c) An act of God.
(d) Tampering by the Chinese.
5. During Ronald Reagan's presidency, the United States began to send money to Pakistan to prevent _______ forces from getting to the border.
6. Benazir wanted to stay with her family in Geneva, but she had to go to ______ for medical treatment.
7. Bhutto decided to marry _______ who was an athlete and polo player from Sindh province.
(a) Ayub Khan.
(b) Bilawal Zadari.
(c) Shariah Zadari.
(d) Asif Ali Zardari.
8. During the celebration, _______ arrived and used tear gas against the crowd.
(a) The police.
(b) The military.
(c) The communists.
(d) The guerrillas.
9. Benazir wished to continue to oppose Zia from her new location, but found that some Pakistanis were suspicious and she had a fear of _______.
10. After delivering her child, Bhutto was back at her job ______ days later.
11. According to the book, Zia's government allowed weapons from _______ fighters to flow into the country.
12. Eventually, Benazir's mother was allowed to leave for _______ and Switzerland for medical treatment.
(a) West Germany.
(c) East Germany.
13. Once Bhutto won the election, she and her family moved to ______.
14. Bhutto made an agreement with _______ to build a nuclear power plant.
15. According to the book, when Benazir arrived in Pakistan, ________ people were waiting for her.
(a) One million.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Ten million.
(d) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benazir was eventually allowed to go to _______ in Europe for medical attention.
2. In order to stay away from her enemies, Bhutto made _______ separate plans for every trip that she made.
3. On December 1, 1988, Bhutto was made __________ of Pakistan.
4. Bhutto was also opposed by ______, the president, who had ties to the former military regime.
5. Unexpectedly, on August 17, 1988, Zia's ________, killing him and all of the passengers.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)