|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book was written ______ months after Benazir's election as prime minister.
(b) 15 .
2. Bhutto was the first woman to lead a Muslim nation and one of the youngest heads of state in the world at the age of ________.
3. According to the book, when Benazir arrived in Pakistan, ________ people were waiting for her.
(a) Ten million.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) One million.
(d) Ten thousand.
4. Due to tensions that arose after the death of Shah, Mir and his wife _______ separated.
5. Benazir ended up needing ________ to recover from her illness and it took some nine months to recover.
(d) Physical therapy.
6. Benazir spoke out to ________ and the Council on Foreign Relations when Zia continued the execution of political prisoners.
(a) U.S. House of Representatives.
(b) U.S. Congress.
(c) European Parliament.
(d) United Nations.
7. Bhutto made an agreement with _______ to build a nuclear power plant.
8. Bhutto's child was named _______ which meant "one without equal".
9. Benazir also spoke to the _______ Endowment for International peace in 1984 as part of her campaign.
10. According to the book, the MRD stands for ________.
(a) Movement to Restore Democracy.
(b) Militia for the Return of Democracy.
(c) Monetary Reserve Deficit.
(d) Movement for the Restoration of Defense.
11. After Benazir's mother left for treatment, Benazir was placed under house arrest in _______ for another 14 months.
12. On December 11, 1981, Benazir was again taken to a different location this time the city of ________.
13. Bhutto decided to marry _______ who was an athlete and polo player from Sindh province.
(a) Shariah Zadari.
(b) Bilawal Zadari.
(c) Ayub Khan.
(d) Asif Ali Zardari.
14. According to the book, Benazir's mother seemed to have ________ or lung cancer and Benazir was eventually allowed to visit her briefly.
15. The constitution of 1973 in Pakistan made it legal for _______ to run for high office.
(c) People of color.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the polls closed in November, the PPP had won several victories. One of them involved winning 92 seats in _________.
2. Bhutto escaped from the celebration ________ but was eventually caught and imprisoned in Karachi.
3. In order to combat the drug problem, Bhutto encouraged farmers of ______ to grow new crops.
4. In order to stay away from her enemies, Bhutto made _______ separate plans for every trip that she made.
5. According to the book, Bhutto planned to celebrate Pakistan's _________ on August 14th, 1986.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)