|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The names of Benazir's siblings included all of the following except ______.
2. Upon her release from jail, Benazir was put on a plane back home to _______, Pakistan.
3. Leaving Pakistan was difficult for Benazir, so her ______ came to be with her in America and help her settle in.
4. During the time of the coup, Benazir learned how to deal with ________ and correct rumors.
(b) Militant citizens.
(c) Military leaders.
5. Benazir's father called the great economist ________ who was an economics professor at Harvard, and asked him to intervene.
(a) John Adams Galbraith.
(b) Anne Fadiman.
(c) John Kenneth Galbraith.
(d) Peter Galbraith.
6. Despite the coup, Prime Minister Bhutto and the ______ remained popular to the general public.
7. Benazir asked for legal help from _______ to defend her father against the death penalty.
(a) Victoria Galbraith.
(b) Victoria Schofield.
(c) Anne Fadiman.
(d) Ayub Khan.
8. In 1973 Benazir was able to see a meeting in the United States between her father and ________, who was then Secretary of State.
(a) George Schultz.
(b) Henry Kissenger.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
9. On July 7, 1977, Brigadier General _______ led the army to stage a coup against Benazir's father.
10. On March 7, 1981, the brigadier general arrested ______ and six thousand MRD supporters.
11. According to the book, Benazir's mother refused to wear the Islamic _______, a veil that covers up women's faces.
12. Nusrat decided that the Brigadier General could only be beaten if the PPP joined with ______ an opposing political party.
13. Benazir's mother was college educated in ________ and drove her own sports car.
14. Benazir was eventually released by the jail _______, however she was unable to see her mother.
15. The book describes an incident in which Benazir Bhutto encountered racial prejudice at the _______ airport.
(a) New Delhi.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the meeting at the United Nations, Benazir's father asked her to meet him in ________ and watch Security Council disputes.
2. Shortly after her election as president of the society, Benazir's father told her that he would be working on equal rights for _______ in the foreign and civil service.
3. The Brigadier General _______ when it became clear that the people still strongly favored the former prime minister's party.
4. Benazir's father's campaign to secure rights became ________ and emotional although he eventually won.
5. There was some concern after the election that Benazir and her father ______ were in physical danger.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)