|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a consequence for talking openly about the general, five men with _______ arrived to take the prime minister into custody again.
(c) Machine guns.
2. Benazir's father called the great economist ________ who was an economics professor at Harvard, and asked him to intervene.
(a) John Adams Galbraith.
(b) Anne Fadiman.
(c) John Kenneth Galbraith.
(d) Peter Galbraith.
3. According to the book, the _______ of Pakistan is mainly an advisory position and is elected by provincial assemblies.
(a) Prime minister.
(b) Minister of agriculture.
4. In particular, Benazir appreciated the fact that American women could decide not to ________ and have that decision supported.
(a) Wear shorts.
(c) Have children.
5. Pakistan used to be a part of ______ until August 14th, 1947 when that country gained independence from Britain.
6. According to the book, _________ is the capital of Pakistan and has been since 1959.
7. The book describes an incident in which Benazir Bhutto encountered racial prejudice at the _______ airport.
(a) New York.
(d) New Delhi.
8. The Brigadier General _______ when it became clear that the people still strongly favored the former prime minister's party.
(a) Attempted to assasinate Benazir.
(b) Killed protestors.
(c) Cancelled the election.
(d) Assumed control of the government.
9. The winter of his election, Benazir's father flew to the United Nations to challenge ________ military attack against Pakistan.
10. As a condition of their house arrest, the Bhuttos could not do all of the following except ______.
(a) Have visitors.
(b) Go outside.
(c) Talk on the phone.
(d) Be mentioned in the newspapers.
11. On July 7, 1977, Brigadier General _______ led the army to stage a coup against Benazir's father.
12. When the two opposing political parties joined in an effort to defeat the brigadier general, they formed a third party known as _______.
13. According to the book, the assembly has 237 members that serve _______ year terms.
14. The prime minister was eventually put in jail by the army. His wife ________ ran a campaign to replace him as prime minister.
15. According to the book, Benazir Bhutto would be placed in charge of her ______ younger siblings
Short Answer Questions
1. On March 7, 1981, the brigadier general arrested ______ and six thousand MRD supporters.
2. In 1973 Benazir was able to see a meeting in the United States between her father and ________, who was then Secretary of State.
3. Shortly after her election as president of the society, Benazir's father told her that he would be working on equal rights for _______ in the foreign and civil service.
4. After prime minister Bhutto was hanged, Nusrat began the traditional ________ months of mourning.
5. Benazir Bhutto was the first woman elected to lead a ________ nation in all of history.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)