|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a condition of their house arrest, the Bhuttos could not do all of the following except ______.
(a) Go outside.
(b) Talk on the phone.
(c) Have visitors.
(d) Be mentioned in the newspapers.
2. The book suggests that watching her siblings helped Benazir to develop skills necessary for _______.
(a) Religious leadership.
(b) Giving orders.
(c) Managing money.
(d) Leading people.
3. The Brigadier General _______ when it became clear that the people still strongly favored the former prime minister's party.
(a) Attempted to assasinate Benazir.
(b) Cancelled the election.
(c) Assumed control of the government.
(d) Killed protestors.
4. Benazir was placed in a private ______ school in which she learned several languages including English.
5. In jail, Benazir turned _______ years old and hoped for a miracle every day.
6. According to the book, _________ is the capital of Pakistan and has been since 1959.
7. On July 7, 1977, Brigadier General _______ led the army to stage a coup against Benazir's father.
8. After prime minister Bhutto was hanged, Nusrat began the traditional ________ months of mourning.
9. According to the book, Benazir's father taught her ________, which became a major part of her education.
10. According to the book, Benazir's mother refused to wear the Islamic _______, a veil that covers up women's faces.
11. The book states that Benazir delivered her first speech in the society on the need to impeach _______.
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Indira Ghandi.
(d) Richard Nixon.
12. According to the book, East Pakistan would eventually become an independent country called ________.
(b) Sri Lanka.
13. Shortly after her election as president of the society, Benazir's father told her that he would be working on equal rights for _______ in the foreign and civil service.
(b) People of color.
(d) Middle age people.
14. Benazir's parents would often leave her and her siblings in the city of ______ Pakistan with a bit of money to take care of their needs.
15. In particular, Benazir appreciated the fact that American women could decide not to ________ and have that decision supported.
(c) Wear shorts.
(d) Have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. On March 7, 1981, the brigadier general arrested ______ and six thousand MRD supporters.
2. Partially as a result of the interventions orchestrated by her father, Benazir was accepted to Radcliffe in _______.
3. Benazir's father held elections in ________ instead of August so that he could get to work on his campaign to secure rights in the foreign and civil service.
4. The Pakistani newspapers accused Mir and Shah of running a secret organization know as ________.
5. Benazir graduated from Oxford after ________ years of study. However her father wanted her to continue her studies.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)