|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Benazir's ________ year at college, her father held a free election and was elected prime minister.
2. Benazir's father contacted the general who said that he would hold an election in ______ days and that Bhutto was under house arrest.
3. According to the book, _________ is the capital of Pakistan and has been since 1959.
4. There was some concern after the election that Benazir and her father ______ were in physical danger.
5. Benazir Bhutto was the first woman elected to lead a ________ nation in all of history.
6. According to the book, Muslim men may have up to four wives. Benazir's mother was the ______ wife.
7. During the time of the coup, Benazir learned how to deal with ________ and correct rumors.
(a) Military leaders.
(d) Militant citizens.
8. Benazir was placed in a private ______ school in which she learned several languages including English.
9. Benazir's parents would often leave her and her siblings in the city of ______ Pakistan with a bit of money to take care of their needs.
10. The separation of these two countries was known as the partition and Benazir's father, _______ was a representative of Pakistan for the United Nations at that time.
11. During the meeting at the United Nations, Benazir's father asked her to meet him in ________ and watch Security Council disputes.
(b) New York.
12. Benazir befriended several of the girls who were near her room including ________, who helped her to learn how to answer the telephone.
(a) Anne Fadiman.
(b) Anne Lamott.
(c) Anne Galbraith.
(d) Julie Fadiman.
13. According to the book, the _______ of Pakistan is mainly an advisory position and is elected by provincial assemblies.
(a) Prime minister.
(b) Minister of agriculture.
14. The administrators at Radcliffe believed that ______ American society might be too shocking for Benazir.
15. The Brigadier General _______ when it became clear that the people still strongly favored the former prime minister's party.
(a) Assumed control of the government.
(b) Attempted to assasinate Benazir.
(c) Killed protestors.
(d) Cancelled the election.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benazir studied diplomacy and _______ at Oxford in 1976 at the insistence of her father.
2. In school Benazir was taught all of the following languages, including the national language of Pakistan except _______.
3. Benazir originally struggled with the dirty appearance of Americans, but eventually began to wear ______ and sweatshirts.
4. The names of Benazir's siblings included all of the following except ______.
5. Benazir's father served in all of the following minister roles at the United nations except _______.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)