|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Making Democracy Work and Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her sister's wedding, Benazir wrote a letter to _______, who had tried to see her on the order of the U.S. Government.
2. Bhutto also had to deal with a national illiteracy rate of _______ made more problematic by Muslim men and religious leaders' opposition to education for women.
3. Benazir's brother Mir now lived in Switzerland and had a daughter named ______.
4. After Benazir's mother left for treatment, Benazir was placed under house arrest in _______ for another 14 months.
5. Benazir decided to travel to the city where crops were damaged accompanied by her _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The constitution of 1973 in Pakistan made it legal for _______ to run for high office.
2. Bhutto was also opposed by ______, the president, who had ties to the former military regime.
3. According to the book, East Pakistan would eventually become an independent country called ________.
4. On July 7, 1977, Brigadier General _______ led the army to stage a coup against Benazir's father.
5. During the meeting at the United Nations, Benazir's father asked her to meet him in ________ and watch Security Council disputes.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)