|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Making Democracy Work and Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Brigadier General eventually moved Benazir and her mother to _______ in 1980 and kept them under house arrest.
2. In 1988, at the young age of ________ Bhutto was elected Prime Minister of Pakistan.
3. Eventually the Brigadier General released the prime minister due to his popularity, however _______ expressed dangerous opinions about the general.
4. When the polls closed in November, the PPP had won several victories. One of them involved winning 92 seats in _________.
(a) The Congress.
(b) The Regional Assembly.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The National Assembly.
5. Bhutto's main political rival was ______ the chief minister of the Punjab province, who argued that she was an ineffective leader.
(a) Ghulam Ishaq Khan.
(b) Asif Zardari.
(c) General Zia.
(d) Nawaz Sharif.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benazir graduated from Oxford after ________ years of study. However her father wanted her to continue her studies.
2. Zia also passed strict laws declaring ________ or Islamic law, the supreme law of the land.
3. According to the book, Bhutto planned to celebrate Pakistan's _________ on August 14th, 1986.
4. The separation of these two countries was known as the partition and Benazir's father, _______ was a representative of Pakistan for the United Nations at that time.
5. According to the book, when Benazir arrived in Pakistan, ________ people were waiting for her.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)