|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Making Democracy Work and Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, the dictatorship in Pakistan had lasted for _______ years.
2. Due to tensions that arose after the death of Shah, Mir and his wife _______ separated.
3. The meeting of the two prime ministers happened in 1972 and was focused on who should own ________.
4. In 1980, Ronald Reagan defeated _______ to become the next president of the United States.
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Geraldine Ferraro.
(d) Walter Mondale.
5. Eventually the Brigadier General released the prime minister due to his popularity, however _______ expressed dangerous opinions about the general.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Benazir's ________ year at college, her father held a free election and was elected prime minister.
2. In school Benazir was taught all of the following languages, including the national language of Pakistan except _______.
3. Benazir's father served in all of the following minister roles at the United nations except _______.
4. In order to combat the drug problem, Bhutto encouraged farmers of ______ to grow new crops.
5. Benazir graduated from Oxford after ________ years of study. However her father wanted her to continue her studies.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)