|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Making Democracy Work and Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benazir graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard after which her father suggested that she attend ________.
2. The book suggests that watching her siblings helped Benazir to develop skills necessary for _______.
(a) Giving orders.
(b) Managing money.
(c) Religious leadership.
(d) Leading people.
3. ________ leaders wanted Benazir to return to Pakistan, but she knew that she was still wanted by the military.
4. In November of 1989 the _______ took a vote of no confidence in Bhutto, however she survived the vote.
(b) National Assembly.
(d) Regional Assembly.
5. According to the book, administrators at Radcliffe worried about Benazir's _______ and the fact that she had led a sheltered life as an upper class Muslim.
(d) Attention problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benazir's father held elections in ________ instead of August so that he could get to work on his campaign to secure rights in the foreign and civil service.
2. Bhutto's main political rival was ______ the chief minister of the Punjab province, who argued that she was an ineffective leader.
3. Part of the political opposition Bhutto faced included accusing her husband of ________.
4. Upon her release from jail, Benazir was put on a plane back home to _______, Pakistan.
5. Benazir's real name was ________. She was called Benazir by her father which meant "without equal".
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)