|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, A Heroine Returns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pakistan used to be a part of ______ until August 14th, 1947 when that country gained independence from Britain.
2. In 1977, Benazir was the first _______ or non-British person elected president of the Oxford Society to which she belonged.
(a) Person under 40.
(b) Person of color.
3. During the celebration, _______ arrived and used tear gas against the crowd.
(a) The military.
(b) The police.
(c) The communists.
(d) The guerrillas.
4. Once she arrived at Harvard, Benazir decided to major in _________, pleasing her father in the process.
(a) International Politics.
(b) International Business.
(c) Radical Government.
(d) Comparative Government.
5. Zia held a referendum on whether or not to hold an election. He told voters that if they voted for the election they were voting against _______.
(c) The Brigadier General.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benazir's father contacted the general who said that he would hold an election in ______ days and that Bhutto was under house arrest.
2. According to the book, the _______ of Pakistan is mainly an advisory position and is elected by provincial assemblies.
3. The winter of his election, Benazir's father flew to the United Nations to challenge ________ military attack against Pakistan.
4. _______ had been lifted by Zia in Pakistan, but Benazir did not trust him and continued to work for the restoration of democracy.
5. During Zia's rule, women could be stoned or jailed simply for being suspected of _______.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)