|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Politics in Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The separation of these two countries was known as the partition and Benazir's father, _______ was a representative of Pakistan for the United Nations at that time.
2. According to the book, Benazir's mother refused to wear the Islamic _______, a veil that covers up women's faces.
3. Once she arrived at Harvard, Benazir decided to major in _________, pleasing her father in the process.
(a) International Politics.
(b) Radical Government.
(c) Comparative Government.
(d) International Business.
4. The Pakistani newspapers accused Mir and Shah of running a secret organization know as ________.
5. According to the book, Benazir's mother seemed to have ________ or lung cancer and Benazir was eventually allowed to visit her briefly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benazir wished to continue to oppose Zia from her new location, but found that some Pakistanis were suspicious and she had a fear of _______.
2. There was some concern after the election that Benazir and her father ______ were in physical danger.
3. According to the book, administrators at Radcliffe worried about Benazir's _______ and the fact that she had led a sheltered life as an upper class Muslim.
4. After Benazir's mother left for treatment, Benazir was placed under house arrest in _______ for another 14 months.
5. Benazir's intelligence and enthusiasm led her tutors to think that she might become an ambassador's assistant to the ________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)