|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, A Desert Cell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benazir studied diplomacy and _______ at Oxford in 1976 at the insistence of her father.
(a) International Law.
(b) International Politics.
(c) International Business.
(d) International Ethics.
2. The Brigadier General eventually moved Benazir and her mother to _______ in 1980 and kept them under house arrest.
3. According to the book, Benazir's mother refused to wear the Islamic _______, a veil that covers up women's faces.
4. For a period of time Benazir ran the family _______, an unusual position for a woman. However she excelled at it and won the respect of the local men.
5. In the fall of 1973, Benazir arrived at her new school in _______, and she struggled the first few months.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once she arrived at Harvard, Benazir decided to major in _________, pleasing her father in the process.
2. Benazir graduated from Oxford after ________ years of study. However her father wanted her to continue her studies.
3. When the two opposing political parties joined in an effort to defeat the brigadier general, they formed a third party known as _______.
4. Benazir's father held elections in ________ instead of August so that he could get to work on his campaign to secure rights in the foreign and civil service.
5. In her junior year at Harvard, Benazir was able to see a meeting between her father and prime minister _______ of India.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)