|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, A Desert Cell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For a period of time Benazir ran the family _______, an unusual position for a woman. However she excelled at it and won the respect of the local men.
2. The ________ is like the American House of Representatives and can pass laws and budgets.
(a) National Assembly.
(c) General Assembly.
(d) State Assembly.
3. During the time of the coup, Benazir learned how to deal with ________ and correct rumors.
(b) Military leaders.
(d) Militant citizens.
4. According to the book, Benazir's mother refused to wear the Islamic _______, a veil that covers up women's faces.
5. According to the book, Benazir used her education in _______ at Oxford and her father's legal advice to make a case against her detention.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July 7, 1977, Brigadier General _______ led the army to stage a coup against Benazir's father.
2. According to the book, Benazir's father taught her ________, which became a major part of her education.
3. After her father's death, Benazir began to hold _______ meetings and she soon became the leader of the party.
4. According to the book, the _______ of Pakistan is mainly an advisory position and is elected by provincial assemblies.
5. She felt that her new surroundings were less _______ than the United States and the accommodations were more modest.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)