|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, A Desert Cell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Benazir's ________ year at college, her father held a free election and was elected prime minister.
2. The Pakistani newspapers accused Mir and Shah of running a secret organization know as ________.
3. According to the book there was a rumor that Prime Minister Bhutto was responsible for ________ that damaged crops.
(a) Summer droughts.
(b) Summer rains.
(c) Summer earthquakes.
(d) Summer winds.
4. According to the book, all of the following countries except ________ border the nation of Pakistan.
5. Pakistan used to be a part of ______ until August 14th, 1947 when that country gained independence from Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a consequence for talking openly about the general, five men with _______ arrived to take the prime minister into custody again.
2. Benazir's father held elections in ________ instead of August so that he could get to work on his campaign to secure rights in the foreign and civil service.
3. Enemy jailers tried to convince Bhutto to _______, saying that people were deserting her cause.
4. To address the crop damage rumors, Benazir was directed to visit the city of ________ to show the Bhuttos cared.
5. Benazir's real name was ________. She was called Benazir by her father which meant "without equal".
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)