|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Heading for Harvard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pakistan used to be a part of ______ until August 14th, 1947 when that country gained independence from Britain.
2. According to the book, the _______ of Pakistan is mainly an advisory position and is elected by provincial assemblies.
(b) Minister of agriculture.
(d) Prime minister.
3. Partially as a result of the interventions orchestrated by her father, Benazir was accepted to Radcliffe in _______.
4. Benazir's parents would often leave her and her siblings in the city of ______ Pakistan with a bit of money to take care of their needs.
5. Benazir originally struggled with the dirty appearance of Americans, but eventually began to wear ______ and sweatshirts.
(b) Blue jeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. The separation of these two countries was known as the partition and Benazir's father, _______ was a representative of Pakistan for the United Nations at that time.
2. During Benazir's ________ year at college, her father held a free election and was elected prime minister.
3. Benazir's father called the great economist ________ who was an economics professor at Harvard, and asked him to intervene.
4. Benazir's father was angry when the Security Council _________ in response to his pleas.
5. Benazir Bhutto was the first woman elected to lead a ________ nation in all of history.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)