|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Serving the Nation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, the _______ of Pakistan is mainly an advisory position and is elected by provincial assemblies.
(a) Prime minister.
(c) Minister of agriculture.
2. On March 7, 1981, the brigadier general arrested ______ and six thousand MRD supporters.
3. Nusrat decided that the Brigadier General could only be beaten if the PPP joined with ______ an opposing political party.
4. Although both Benazir and her father were taken by the general's men, the prime minister was _______ by a judge.
(a) Sentenced to community service.
(c) Set free.
(d) Locked up.
5. While recovering from her illness, Benazir developed a _______ to present to the international press.
(a) Publicity campaign.
(b) Military campaign.
(c) Economic campaign.
(d) Political campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the meeting at the United Nations, Benazir's father asked her to meet him in ________ and watch Security Council disputes.
2. Zia also made all ______ political parties register with the government so he could decide which parties could participate.
3. During the time of the coup, Benazir learned how to deal with ________ and correct rumors.
4. After prime minister Bhutto was hanged, Nusrat began the traditional ________ months of mourning.
5. Benazir's father held elections in ________ instead of August so that he could get to work on his campaign to secure rights in the foreign and civil service.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)