|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, A Heroine Returns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benazir's father's campaign to secure rights became ________ and emotional although he eventually won.
2. When the two opposing political parties joined in an effort to defeat the brigadier general, they formed a third party known as _______.
3. In 1973 Benazir was able to see a meeting in the United States between her father and ________, who was then Secretary of State.
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Henry Kissenger.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) George Schultz.
4. Due to tensions that arose after the death of Shah, Mir and his wife _______ separated.
5. According to the book, Benazir's father taught her ________, which became a major part of her education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after her election as president of the society, Benazir's father told her that he would be working on equal rights for _______ in the foreign and civil service.
2. The Brigadier General eventually moved Benazir and her mother to _______ in 1980 and kept them under house arrest.
3. Benazir's father held elections in ________ instead of August so that he could get to work on his campaign to secure rights in the foreign and civil service.
4. Benazir flew into the town of ______ when she finally arrived back in Pakistan to challenge Zia.
5. During Zia's rule, women could be stoned or jailed simply for being suspected of _______.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)