Lesson 1 (from Chapter One, A Child Without Equal)
In the book, Benazir was often expected to take care of her other siblings when she was only 8-years-old. Today's topic is about responsibility.
1. Have each student discuss people in their lives that have taken on a lot of responsibility. What about your parents?
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss areas in their lives where they have been asked to take on some responsibility.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the positive and negative aspects of responsibility. What does having responsibility teach you? What things have you had to give up in order to be responsible?
4. Homework: Have each student write about the lessons that Benazir learned about responsibility and leading people from her experience taking care of her siblings.
5. Homework: Have students write about the following "Benazir had to give up a certain amount of her childhood to take care of her siblings...
This section contains 5,292 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)