|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to talk to Paul D?
2. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
3. In what style is this chapter written?
4. Why are Sethe and Beloved trying to gather strength?
5. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paul D says it is a bad idea for ex-slaves to love their children too much. Discuss this statement, drawing two examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the book, Sethe tried to kill her children and succeeded in killing one. How do you think it has affected them? Can they remember?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Baby Suggs.
1) What is her importance to Sethe?
2) Why do some people not like her?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)