Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
2. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
3. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
5. What kind of men does Beloved remember bringing her food and water?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Beloved and Denver.
1) What is their relationship with their mother?
2) What is their relationship with Paul D?
3) What is their relationship to each other?
Essay Topic 2
Sethe trying to kill her children was not unusual during this period. Discuss why black mothers would want to kill their children. If their lives were that bad, why were her sons so fearful of Sethe? Were these women not in their right minds at the time?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the connotations of the word "nigger"?
1) What is its original meaning and what has it come to mean?
2) Why is it considered so wrong to use it now?
3) Do you think the word has become too powerful?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)