Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
2. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
3. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
5. What kind of men does Beloved remember bringing her food and water?
Essay Topic 1
Paul D notices that Beloved desires someone in the house, but knows it is not him. What do you think Paul D's feelings are for Beloved? Does he want to have a sexual relationship with her?
Essay Topic 2
In this novel, Morrison uses the stream of consciousness technique twice, once with Sethe and in the next chapter with Denver.
1) How do you think stream of consciousness works to express a character's thoughts?
2) Why do you think Morrison uses stream of consciousness with these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe conditions in the Georgian prison camp. Why were there just slaves in the prison? What is the significance that the guards asked for sexual favors?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)