|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stamp Paid say managed to punch Sethe and get her down?
2. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
3. Who arrives at 124 at the beginning of the chapter?
4. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
5. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the character of Paul D.
1) What is his background?
2) What do you think his good and bad points are?
3) What do think a similar character would of achieved in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
In the book, Sethe tried to kill her children and succeeded in killing one. How do you think it has affected them? Can they remember?
Essay Topic 3
Paul D, Sethe, and Denver spend a day at the carnival set aside for black people. They enjoy it because they get to laugh at white people.
1) What would you think of white people if you were a black person during this time? Would you hide your feelings?
2) Think about if you were white. How difficult would it be to form a decent opinion of black people when society went out of its way to dehumanize them? Do you think white people's upbringings conditioned them to treat black people so badly?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)