|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
2. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
3. How does Toni Morrison say people can cope with loneliness?
4. Who does Denver believe is coming to see her?
5. What did Baby Suggs turn the outside kitchen into?
Essay Topic 1
In the book many character change their names. For example, Baby Suggs changes her name from Janet. Why do you think people changed their names? Is there a difference between the characters that did change their names and the characters that did not?
Essay Topic 2
Sethe is an ex-slave from Kentucky. What problems do you think Sethe faces as a slave here? Was it worse in other places? How do you think it has shaped Sethe as a person?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Beloved and Denver.
1) What is their relationship with their mother?
2) What is their relationship with Paul D?
3) What is their relationship to each other?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)