|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
2. Who arrives to talk to Paul D?
(a) Stamp Paid
3. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
(a) Because she is the spitting image of her father
(b) Because she looks like Sethe
(c) Because she has shown Sethe her birth certificate.
(d) Because of the scar on the back of her neck
4. Where does Denver initially go for help?
(a) The Bodwins
(b) Paul D
(c) Stamp Paid
(d) Lady Jones
5. What does Denver dream about Sethe?
(a) That she cuts off her head
(b) That she takes her up to heaven
(c) That she kills Beloved
(d) That she dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrison say the wind is?
2. How did Mr. Garner die?
3. What does Stamp Paid show Paul D?
4. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
5. How does the chapter begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Denver stepping out of the house signify?
2. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
3. Why do you think Denver does not want to hear Sethe's stories?
4. How does this chapter move around the thoughts of the three women?
5. What do the diamonds signify in the water?
6. Why does Stamp Paid show Paul D the article about Sethe?
7. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
8. Why does Paul D mention that Sethe has two legs?
9. What does the black statue outside the Bodwin's signify?
10. Why does Sethe refuse to clean the blood from her nipple?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)