|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sometimes appears by the stream behind the house?
(a) Beloved's fingerprints
(c) Beloved's footprints
2. Who arrives at 124 at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Stamp Paid
(b) Paul D
(d) The Sheriff
3. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(a) Baby Suggs
(b) The schoolteacher's nephew's
4. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) The face she lost
(c) A heart
(d) A diamond earring
5. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
(a) Because it has to be in order to attract a white audience
(b) Because the headline says sensational
(c) Because newspapers are always sensational
(d) Because it has Sethe's picture
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Sethe tell Beloved she did with the men without skin?
3. What two characters does Beloved have separate conversations with in this chapter?
4. Why does Stamp have trouble knocking at Sethe's door?
5. How did Mr. Garner die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this chapter move around the thoughts of the three women?
2. Why does Paul D mention that Sethe has two legs?
3. Why do the other ex-slaves hate Baby Suggs so much?
4. Why do you think think that the slaves take names such as Baby Suggs?
5. Why do you think Sixo yells out "Seven-O, Seven-O"?
6. Is Paul D in denial that it is Sethe in the photograph?
7. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
8. What dose Sethe mean when she says "Me, me"?
9. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
10. What does the black statue outside the Bodwin's signify?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)