|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul say badly abused the slaves at Sweet Home?
(a) The Sheriff
(b) Mr. Garner
(c) The schoolteacher
(d) Mrs. Garner
2. Who does Baby Suggs hope to see?
(c) Paul D
3. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
(d) Baby Suggs
4. What does Stamp Paid show Paul D?
(a) His scars
(b) A newspaper clipping about Sethe
(c) A photo of his wife
(d) A letter from his children
5. Where does the man on the horse say Judy lives?
(a) Bluestone Rd.
(b) Plank Rd.
(c) Wood Street
(d) Blues Row
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved say came to mix the men with the women?
2. What sometimes appears by the stream behind the house?
3. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
4. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
5. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the other ex-slaves hate Baby Suggs so much?
2. What does Denver stepping out of the house signify?
3. Why does Paul D mention that Sethe has two legs?
4. Why do you think Denver does not want to hear Sethe's stories?
5. Is Paul D in denial that it is Sethe in the photograph?
6. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
7. Why does Sethe refuse to clean the blood from her nipple?
8. Why do you think Halle smears butter over his face?
9. What dose Sethe mean when she says "Me, me"?
10. What do the diamonds signify in the water?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)