|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul D say has offered him a place to stay?
(b) The church minister
(c) The slaughterhouse owner
2. What did Baby Suggs turn the outside kitchen into?
(a) A TV room
(b) A woodshed
(c) A cold house
(d) A store house
3. Where does Beloved's face occasionally appear?
(a) In a photograph
(b) In the sky
(c) In the river
(d) In the newspaper
4. How did Mr. Garner die?
(b) A stroke
(c) A heart attack
(d) A broken heart
5. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved remember a woman doing?
2. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
3. What does Denver dream about Sethe?
4. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
5. Who comes back to 124 at the beginning of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sethe refuse to clean the blood from her nipple?
2. Why did Sethe's sons leave to fight in the Civil War?
3. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
4. How does this chapter move around the thoughts of the three women?
5. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
6. Why does Stamp Paid show Paul D the article about Sethe?
7. Do you think a white family would take in a white man as a black family would take in a black man?
8. Why does Morrison use stream of consciousness in this chapter to express Sethe's thoughts?
9. Why does Paul D mention that Sethe has two legs?
10. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)