|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denver dream about Sethe?
(a) That she dies
(b) That she takes her up to heaven
(c) That she kills Beloved
(d) That she cuts off her head
2. In what style is this chapter written?
(a) Self reflexive
(c) Second person
(d) Stream of consciousness
3. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(a) The schoolteacher's nephew's
(d) Baby Suggs
4. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
5. Who does Baby Suggs hope to see?
(a) Paul D
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stamp have trouble knocking at Sethe's door?
2. Where does Beloved's face occasionally appear?
3. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
4. Why did Paul D leave the Union army?
5. What does Paul D tell Stamp Paid he does not want to see anymore of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the footprints by the stream mean?
2. Why does Paul D mention that Sethe has two legs?
3. What does Sethe walking around in circles symbolize?
4. Why does Sethe want to kill her children?
5. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
6. How does this chapter move around the thoughts of the three women?
7. What dose Sethe mean when she says "Me, me"?
8. Why does Stamp Paid show Paul D the article about Sethe?
9. What does the fact Stamp hears dead black people signify?
10. Why do you think Denver does not want to hear Sethe's stories?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)