|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
(b) The Schoolteacher
(c) Stamp Paid
(d) Paul D
2. What does Denver say she drank from Sethe's nipple?
(c) Beloved's blood
3. How does Toni Morrison say people can cope with loneliness?
(a) By living in the city
(b) By talking to oneself
(c) By rocking in the fetal position
(d) By socializing
4. What does Stamp Paid show Paul D?
(a) A photo of his wife
(b) A newspaper clipping about Sethe
(c) A letter from his children
(d) His scars
5. What does Sethe make so she and Beloved can enjoy good times together?
(a) A swing
(b) Make up
(c) New clothes
(d) Plans of their days
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captured him after he left the Union army?
2. Who meets Paul D at 124?
3. What does Paul D do when Sethe says there was not another way?
4. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
5. What does Sethe say that trying to kill her children prevented from happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Denver stepping out of the house signify?
2. Why do you think think that the slaves take names such as Baby Suggs?
3. What dose Sethe mean when she says "Me, me"?
4. Why does Paul D mention that Sethe has two legs?
5. What does the black statue outside the Bodwin's signify?
6. Why do you think Sixo yells out "Seven-O, Seven-O"?
7. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
8. What does Sethe walking around in circles symbolize?
9. Is Paul D in denial that it is Sethe in the photograph?
10. Why do you think Halle smears butter over his face?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)