|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
(a) The pies were awful
(b) Sethe is not a nice person
(c) Because they had fun at Baby Suggs's house
(d) They were sent home too early
2. Who captured him after he left the Union army?
(a) The Confederates
(b) The Sheriff of Utah
(c) A Slave Hunter
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
3. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her that she is not an animal
(b) To remind her to treat him like a human
(c) To remind her that she can get tired
(d) To remind her that she circling around him
4. How many days does Stamp walk up to the house without knocking?
(a) Six days
(b) Two days
(c) Eight days
(d) Four days
5. Who was the woman that Beloved saw putting leaves in a basket?
(c) Baby Suggs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
2. How many people come to the party?
3. What does Morrison say the wind is?
4. Where does Denver initially go for help?
5. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Morrison use stream of consciousness in this chapter to express Sethe's thoughts?
2. What does the black statue outside the Bodwin's signify?
3. What do the diamonds signify in the water?
4. Why do the other ex-slaves hate Baby Suggs so much?
5. Why do Sethe and Denver need Beloved to be theirs?
6. Why does Paul D mention that Sethe has two legs?
7. Why does Morrison say loneliness can be dealt with by rocking in a fetal position?
8. Why did Sethe's sons leave to fight in the Civil War?
9. What does the red ribbon Stamp carries around symbolize?
10. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)