|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
(a) The American Revolution
(b) World War One
(c) The Boers War
(d) The Civil War
2. Who does Denver believe is coming to see her?
(a) The schoolteacher
(b) Baby Suggs
(c) Mrs. Garner
3. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
(a) A cat whining
(b) Paul D laughing
(c) Beloved crying
(d) The baby's ghost climbing the stairs
4. How many days does Stamp walk up to the house without knocking?
(a) Eight days
(b) Six days
(c) Two days
(d) Four days
5. Where does the man on the horse say Judy lives?
(a) Blues Row
(b) Plank Rd.
(c) Wood Street
(d) Bluestone Rd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morrison say Sethe, Denver, and Paul D forget Beloved?
2. Where does Paul D work?
3. Who arrives at 124 at the beginning of the chapter?
4. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
5. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sethe's sons leave to fight in the Civil War?
2. Why does Sethe want to kill her children?
3. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
4. Why do you think Denver does not want to hear Sethe's stories?
5. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
6. What does the black statue outside the Bodwin's signify?
7. Why do you think think that the slaves take names such as Baby Suggs?
8. What does Sethe walking around in circles symbolize?
9. What does the red ribbon Stamp carries around symbolize?
10. Why do you think Sixo yells out "Seven-O, Seven-O"?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)