|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sethe make so she and Beloved can enjoy good times together?
(a) A swing
(b) New clothes
(c) Plans of their days
(d) Make up
2. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) Her friend
(b) Her aunt
(c) Her sister
(d) Her cousin
3. Why does Stamp have trouble knocking at Sethe's door?
(a) Because he has broken his knocking hand
(b) Because he never has to knock at anyone else's door
(c) Because he thinks Sethe is asleep
(d) Because he is nervous
4. Why are Sethe and Beloved trying to gather strength?
(a) To fight each other
(b) To go outside
(c) To make a dolls house
(d) To have fun
5. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
(a) The Schoolteacher
(b) Paul D
(d) Stamp Paid
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul D do when Sethe says there was not another way?
2. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
3. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
4. From whose point of view is this chapter written?
5. Where does the man on the horse say Judy lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Sixo yells out "Seven-O, Seven-O"?
2. What do the diamonds signify in the water?
3. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
4. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
5. Why do you think think that the slaves take names such as Baby Suggs?
6. What does Sethe walking around in circles symbolize?
7. Why does Morrison say loneliness can be dealt with by rocking in a fetal position?
8. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
9. Why did Sethe's sons leave to fight in the Civil War?
10. Why does Sethe want to kill her children?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)