|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(a) The schoolteacher's nephew's
(b) Baby Suggs
2. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
(a) Baby Suggs's
(d) Mr. Garner's
3. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
(a) For leaving his wife
(b) For knocking over a child on his horse
(c) For telling Paul D about Sethe
(d) For killing his slave owner
4. From whose point of view is this chapter written?
(a) Paul D
5. What happened to Beloved when Sethe became thinner?
(a) She started to resemble Sethe
(b) She became nasty
(c) She started acting like a baby
(d) She grew bigger and bigger
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
2. Who does Denver believe is coming to see her?
3. Why did Paul D leave the Union army?
4. Why does Sethe think she does not have to explain anything to Beloved?
5. How many days does Stamp walk up to the house without knocking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Sixo yells out "Seven-O, Seven-O"?
2. Why do Sethe and Denver need Beloved to be theirs?
3. What does Denver stepping out of the house signify?
4. Why did Sethe's sons leave to fight in the Civil War?
5. Do you think a white family would take in a white man as a black family would take in a black man?
6. Why does Morrison say loneliness can be dealt with by rocking in a fetal position?
7. Why does Sethe want to kill her children?
8. Why does Sethe refuse to clean the blood from her nipple?
9. How does this chapter move around the thoughts of the three women?
10. Why do you think think that the slaves take names such as Baby Suggs?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)