|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toni Morrison say people can cope with loneliness?
(a) By socializing
(b) By living in the city
(c) By rocking in the fetal position
(d) By talking to oneself
2. What has Sethe spent all her savings on?
(a) A wedding dress
(b) Bits of ribbon and clothes for Beloved
(c) Diamond earrings for Beloved
(d) Party cakes
3. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(b) By dropping her from a great height
(c) By throwing her into the river
(d) By pouring boiling water over her
4. Who does Paul D say had all the good ideas?
(a) Stamp Paid
5. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her that she is not an animal
(b) To remind her to treat him like a human
(c) To remind her that she circling around him
(d) To remind her that she can get tired
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
2. In what style is this chapter written?
3. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
4. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
5. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)