|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Paul D at 124?
(a) Mr Bodwin
(c) Stamp Paid
2. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) That she did not kill her child
(b) That she loves Paul D
(c) Why she killed her child
(d) That the photo in the article was not of her
3. What does Paul D wonder aloud?
(a) If Sethe is crazy
(b) If Sethe really loved her children
(c) If there was any other way
(d) If Beloved is her dead daughter
4. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
(b) Because they didn't like Sethe
(c) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
(d) Because they were afraid
5. How does Toni Morrison say people can cope with loneliness?
(a) By socializing
(b) By rocking in the fetal position
(c) By talking to oneself
(d) By living in the city
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
2. Why does Stamp have trouble knocking at Sethe's door?
3. What does Stamp Paid show Paul D?
4. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
5. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Paul D in denial that it is Sethe in the photograph?
2. Why does Sethe refuse to clean the blood from her nipple?
3. What do you think the footprints by the stream mean?
4. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
5. What does the black statue outside the Bodwin's signify?
6. What do the diamonds signify in the water?
7. Why does Stamp Paid show Paul D the article about Sethe?
8. Why do you think Denver does not want to hear Sethe's stories?
9. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
10. What does Paul D and Paid Stamp's gallow humor signify?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)