|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beloved's face occasionally appear?
(a) In the sky
(b) In the newspaper
(c) In the river
(d) In a photograph
2. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
(a) Mr. Bodwin
3. Who does Baby Suggs hope to see?
(a) Paul D
4. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) The face she lost
(b) A diamond earring
(d) A heart
5. What does Denver dream about Sethe?
(a) That she kills Beloved
(b) That she dies
(c) That she takes her up to heaven
(d) That she cuts off her head
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
2. In what style is this chapter written?
3. How did Mr. Garner die?
4. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
5. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think a white family would take in a white man as a black family would take in a black man?
2. Why do you think think that the slaves take names such as Baby Suggs?
3. Is Paul D in denial that it is Sethe in the photograph?
4. Why does Sethe want to kill her children?
5. What does Sethe walking around in circles symbolize?
6. Why do you think Denver does not want to hear Sethe's stories?
7. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
8. Why does Morrison use stream of consciousness in this chapter to express Sethe's thoughts?
9. Why does Stamp Paid show Paul D the article about Sethe?
10. What does the black statue outside the Bodwin's signify?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)