|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
(a) In the woodshed
(b) In Baby Suggs' bedroom
(c) In the barn
(d) In the cold house
2. What happened to Beloved when Sethe became thinner?
(a) She became nasty
(b) She started acting like a baby
(c) She started to resemble Sethe
(d) She grew bigger and bigger
3. Where does the man on the horse say Judy lives?
(a) Bluestone Rd.
(b) Wood Street
(c) Blues Row
(d) Plank Rd.
4. In what style is this chapter written?
(a) Stream of consciousness
(c) Second person
(d) Self reflexive
5. Who arrives to talk to Paul D?
(a) Stamp Paid
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes back to 124 at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
3. Who was the woman that Beloved saw putting leaves in a basket?
4. What does Beloved say came to mix the men with the women?
5. Who does Baby Suggs hope to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this chapter move around the thoughts of the three women?
2. Why did Sethe's sons leave to fight in the Civil War?
3. Why do you think Sixo yells out "Seven-O, Seven-O"?
4. What dose Sethe mean when she says "Me, me"?
5. Why do the other ex-slaves hate Baby Suggs so much?
6. Why does Stamp Paid show Paul D the article about Sethe?
7. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
8. Why do Sethe and Denver need Beloved to be theirs?
9. What does Sethe walking around in circles symbolize?
10. Is Paul D in denial that it is Sethe in the photograph?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)