|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
(b) Mr. Bodwin
2. What is the newspaper article about?
(a) Sethe saving a drowning dog
(b) Sethe murdering her child
(c) Sethe escaping from Sweet Home
(d) Sethe getting married
3. Who does Paul say badly abused the slaves at Sweet Home?
(a) Mrs. Garner
(b) The schoolteacher
(c) The Sheriff
(d) Mr. Garner
4. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By throwing her into the river
(b) By pouring boiling water over her
(c) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(d) By dropping her from a great height
5. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toni Morrison say people can cope with loneliness?
2. Whose face is that Beloved thinks she has lost?
3. Who captured him after he left the Union army?
4. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
5. What sometimes appears by the stream behind the house?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)