|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mr. Garner die?
(a) A heart attack
(c) A stroke
(d) A broken heart
2. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
(a) That she was afraid the white people would kill her babies
(b) That she couldn't afford to keep her babies
(c) That she tried to take her babies somewhere safe
(d) That she loved her babies too much to allow them to live in such a world
3. Why are Sethe and Beloved trying to gather strength?
(a) To have fun
(b) To make a dolls house
(c) To fight each other
(d) To go outside
4. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) A heart
(b) The face she lost
(d) A diamond earring
5. What can Stamp Paid hear around the house?
(b) Strange voices
(c) A swirling wind
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul D tell Stamp Paid he does not want to see anymore of?
2. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
3. What did Baby Suggs turn the outside kitchen into?
4. Why does Morrison say Sethe, Denver, and Paul D forget Beloved?
5. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)