|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved say came to mix the men with the women?
(a) A hurricaine
(b) A tornado
(c) A storm
(d) A group of slave hunters
2. How did Mr. Garner die?
(a) A broken heart
(b) A stroke
(c) A heart attack
3. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
(a) In Baby Suggs' bedroom
(b) In the barn
(c) In the cold house
(d) In the woodshed
4. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
5. Who comes back to 124 at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) The Sheriff
(b) Stamp Paid
(c) Baby Suggs
(d) Paul D
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul say badly abused the slaves at Sweet Home?
2. What does Paul D wonder aloud?
3. Who does Paul D say he envies?
4. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
5. Why did Sethe get fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sethe walking around in circles symbolize?
2. What do you think the footprints by the stream mean?
3. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
4. What dose Sethe mean when she says "Me, me"?
5. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
6. Why do you think Sixo yells out "Seven-O, Seven-O"?
7. What does Denver stepping out of the house signify?
8. Why did Sethe's sons leave to fight in the Civil War?
9. What do the diamonds signify in the water?
10. Why does Morrison use stream of consciousness in this chapter to express Sethe's thoughts?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)