|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact does Beloved remember about a dead man?
(a) That he had claws
(b) That he had pink eyes
(c) That he had no skin
(d) That he had sharp teeth
2. Why does Sethe think she does not have to explain anything to Beloved?
(a) Because she came back under her own free will
(b) Because she tried to save her from a life of misery
(c) Because she is a ghost
(d) Because she is her mother
3. From whose point of view is this chapter written?
(b) Paul D
4. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
(a) In the cold house
(b) In the woodshed
(c) In Baby Suggs' bedroom
(d) In the barn
5. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
(a) Cherry pies
(b) Blackberry pies
(c) Blueberry pies
(d) Apple pies
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
2. What does Beloved see in the water?
3. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Morrison say the wind is?
5. Why does Morrison say Sethe, Denver, and Paul D forget Beloved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
2. Why does Sethe refuse to clean the blood from her nipple?
3. Why do you think Sixo yells out "Seven-O, Seven-O"?
4. What does the fact Stamp hears dead black people signify?
5. What does Paul D and Paid Stamp's gallow humor signify?
6. What dose Sethe mean when she says "Me, me"?
7. Why does Sethe want to kill her children?
8. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
9. What does Sethe walking around in circles symbolize?
10. What do you think the footprints by the stream mean?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)