|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Sethe's mother?
(a) She was imprisoned
(b) She ran away back to her homeland
(c) She was hung
(d) She married a slave owner
2. Who owned Sweet Home?
(a) Baby Suggs
(b) The Fords
(d) The Garners
3. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
(a) She is a ghost
(b) That she desires for someone in the house
(c) She has no toes
(d) She does not remember her past
4. Where does Paul D sleep after he is tired of sleeping in Baby Suggs' bed?
(a) In the bath tub
(b) In the coldhouse
(c) In the storehouse
(d) In the kitchen
5. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) On Christmas Day
(b) During the American Revolution
(c) During the Civil War
(d) On Independence Day
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
2. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
3. Where does Denver have a secret spot where she can hide?
4. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
5. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Sethe so angry about the boys taking her milk?
2. How is it significant that Baby Suggs preached in churches regardless of domination?
3. Why do you think Paul D keeps on saying "red heart"?
4. Why does Paul call his tobacco tin his heart?
5. Why does Paul question his manhood?
6. Why do you think Paul D says it is a bad idea for an ex-slave to love his children so much?
7. Is Beloved falling apart like she says?
8. Why does Denver not want Sethe to undo her braids?
9. How has the ghost affected Sethe's life?
10. How is Georgia the most notorious slave state in the Union?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)