|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman come out from?
(a) The ground
(b) The woods
(c) A hole in the sky
(d) The water
2. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
(a) In a barn
(b) Under a tree
(c) In a shed
(d) In a graveyard
3. Where does Paul D sleep after he is tired of sleeping in Baby Suggs' bed?
(a) In the bath tub
(b) In the storehouse
(c) In the coldhouse
(d) In the kitchen
4. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
(a) If she can give her the tooth
(b) To do it again
(c) If she can make a wish
(d) If she is hurt
5. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Allowing their slaves to marry
(b) Paying their slaves
(c) Making their slaves into men
(d) Allowing their slaves into town
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
2. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
3. Where was Paul D imprisoned?
4. How long is it since Paul D and Sethe last saw each other?
5. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think it is important that Sethe's scar resembles a tree?
2. How has the ghost affected Sethe's life?
3. How is it significant that Denver's story comes alive?
4. Why does Amy consider her self as low in the social scale as slaves when she is white?
5. Why do you think Paul D is ready to accept the presence of a ghost in the house?
6. How is Georgia the most notorious slave state in the Union?
7. How is it significant that Baby Suggs preached in churches regardless of domination?
8. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D for casting the ghost out of her house?
9. Why do think Paul thinks that Beloved is moving him around the house?
10. Why do you think Sethe's scar disgusts Paul D so much?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)