|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
(a) Sleep in the house
(b) Yell or punish her daughter
(c) Enter her bedroom
2. How do the guards wake the men up in the Georgia prison?
(a) To the sound of rifles
(b) By pushing over the boxes
(c) By shouting in their ears
(d) By hitting them over the head
3. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
(a) If she is hurt
(b) If she can give her the tooth
(c) To do it again
(d) If she can make a wish
4. What does Denver want from Beloved?
(a) Her attention
(b) Her earrings
(c) Her clothes
(d) Her shoes
5. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
(a) A necklace
(b) A pair of shoes
(c) A bracelet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul sleep at first?
2. What does Beloved do while sitting in the kitchen with Denver?
3. Who do Sethe and Paul meet on the road when they are heading back to 124?
4. Where does Denver have a secret spot where she can hide?
5. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it significant to the story that Sethe was not thrown into the sea unlike the other babies?
2. Why does Paul question his manhood?
3. Why was Sethe so angry about the boys taking her milk?
4. Why does Paul call his tobacco tin his heart?
5. Why does Denver ask Beloved if she saw Jesus?
6. Why do you think Mrs. Garner laughs at Sethe when she asks if she can have a proper wedding?
7. Why does Denver think that Beloved hates Paul D?
8. Why do you think Paul D says it is a bad idea for an ex-slave to love his children so much?
9. How is it significant that Baby Suggs preached in churches regardless of domination?
10. Why do you think Denver is so jealous of Paul D's presence?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)