|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
(a) If she can make a wish
(b) To do it again
(c) If she can give her the tooth
(d) If she is hurt
2. What does Denver decide not to tell her mother?
(a) Beloved is a ghost
(b) Beloved is a murderer
(c) Beloved's visits to Paul D in the coldhouse
(d) Beloved is trying to kill Paul
3. How many years is its since Sethe's baby died?
(a) Five years
(b) Eight years
(c) Ten years
(d) Nine years
4. What is the name of the man that Sethe chose to marry?
(a) Paul F
(b) Paul A
5. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
(a) Baby Suggs
(d) Paul D
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Denver have a secret spot where she can hide?
2. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
3. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
4. What is the name of Sethe's dog?
5. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Denver think that Beloved hates Paul D?
2. Why does Denver ask Beloved if she saw Jesus?
3. What do you think the white dress Denver sees signifies?
4. Why does Amy consider her self as low in the social scale as slaves when she is white?
5. Why is Denver convinced that Beloved is her sister?
6. In what way does the seventh chapter show the horrors of slavery?
7. Why does Paul call his tobacco tin his heart?
8. Do you think it is important that Sethe's scar resembles a tree?
9. Is Beloved falling apart like she says?
10. How is it significant to the story that Sethe was not thrown into the sea unlike the other babies?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)