|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paul sleep after when he is tired of sleeping on a chair?
(a) In the bath tub
(b) On the floor
(c) On the sofa
(d) In Baby Suggs bed
2. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
(a) She runs to the outhouse
(b) She vomits
(c) She faints
(d) She screams
3. Who pierced Sethe's ears?
(a) Baby Suggs
4. What does Denver ask Paul D?
(a) How old he is
(b) How long he is going to hang around
(c) If he is a man or a mouse
(d) What his real name he is
5. What is the name of the plantation where Paul D and Sethe first met?
(a) All You Need
(b) Home Comfort
(c) Peace and Understanding
(d) Sweet Home
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Denver have a secret spot where she can hide?
2. Who is Beloved fascinated by?
3. How many years is its since Sethe's baby died?
4. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
5. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it significant to the story that Sethe was not thrown into the sea unlike the other babies?
2. In the seventh chapter, Beloved chokes on a raisin, and again it is Denver who takes her upstairs. Why do you think at this point Denver is still so attentive towards Beloved's needs?
3. Is Beloved falling apart like she says?
4. Why does Denver ask Beloved if she saw Jesus?
5. What do you think Baby Suggs meant by giving up the war?
6. Why does Paul call his tobacco tin his heart?
7. Why do think Paul thinks that Beloved is moving him around the house?
8. Is it significant that Denver looks after Beloved and not Sethe?
9. In what way does the seventh chapter show the horrors of slavery?
10. How is it significant that Denver's story comes alive?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)