Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
(a) Her gold necklace
(b) Her diamond earrings
(c) Her wedding dress
(d) Her scar
2. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
(a) That they were tigers
(b) That they were free
(c) That they weren't men
(d) That they may as well be dead
3. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
(a) She falls and breaks her leg
(b) She falls pregnant
(c) She asks if she can have a holiday
(d) Because she asks if she can have a wedding
4. Where did Halle and Sethe used to have sex after they were married?
(a) In a tree
(b) In a cow shed
(c) In a barn
(d) In Mr. and Mrs. Garners bedroom.
5. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A mental patient
(b) A ghost
(c) A prophet
(d) An escaped slave
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
2. What is the name of Sethe's daughter?
3. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
4. Why is Denver jealous of Paul D?
5. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it significant that Denver's story comes alive?
2. Is Beloved falling apart like she says?
3. Do you think it is important that Sethe's scar resembles a tree?
4. What do you think the single, unbroken paragraph in chapter twenty signifies?
5. Why does Paul D mention that Sethe has two legs?
6. Why do the other ex-slaves hate Baby Suggs so much?
7. What do you think Baby Suggs meant by giving up the war?
8. In chapter twenty-two what do you think Beloved's story is about?
9. Why does Denver not want Sethe to undo her braids?
10. Why do you think Paul D is ready to accept the presence of a ghost in the house?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)