|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved wonder about herself?
(a) If her tooth will grow back
(b) How long she can stay together
(c) If she is really human
(d) How old she is
2. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
(a) He did not show up to run away with her.
(b) He beat her.
(c) He never gave her money.
(d) He mentally tortured her.
3. What does Denver want from Beloved?
(a) Her shoes
(b) Her attention
(c) Her earrings
(d) Her clothes
4. What did Denver used to play in her hiding place?
5. Who does Sethe think about after she has sex with Paul D?
(d) Mr. Garner
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned Sweet Home?
2. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
3. Where does Paul D take Sethe and Denver?
4. What is the name of Sethe's mother in-law?
5. What did Baby Suggs teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D for casting the ghost out of her house?
2. Do you think it is important that Sethe's scar resembles a tree?
3. How has the ghost affected Sethe's life?
4. Why do you think the town is so angry at Sethe?
5. What do you think Baby Suggs meant by giving up the war?
6. What is a Sweet Home Man?
7. How is Georgia the most notorious slave state in the Union?
8. Why does Denver think that Beloved hates Paul D?
9. What do you think the white dress Denver sees signifies?
10. Why is it significant that Beloved pulls out a tooth?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)