|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sethe remember Howard?
(a) He had an oddly shaped head.
(b) He had a beaming smile.
(c) He had a huge nose.
(d) He had big cow like eyes.
2. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
(a) She screams
(b) She vomits
(c) She faints
(d) She runs to the outhouse
3. What is the address of Sethe's house?
(a) 124 Bluemoon Rd, Charlottesville, Ohio
(b) 124 Orangeskies Rd, Cincinnati, Ohio
(c) 135 Rhode Way, Cincinnati, Ohio
(d) 124 Bluestone Rd, Cincinnati, Ohio
4. What does Sethe think happened to Beloved?
(a) She ran away from her owner
(b) She was locked up by a white man
(c) She was impregnated by a white man
(d) She was imprisoned
5. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) A prophet
(b) Her aunt
(c) Her dead sister
(d) Baby Suggs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul D think Beloved is doing to him?
2. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
3. Why did Halle break down?
4. What is the name of Sethe's mother in-law?
5. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Mrs. Garner laughs at Sethe when she asks if she can have a proper wedding?
2. Why does Stamp Paid show Paul D the article about Sethe?
3. Why does Denver not want Sethe to undo her braids?
4. Is Paul D in denial that it is Sethe in the photograph?
5. Why is Denver convinced that Beloved is her sister?
6. What does the black statue outside the Bodwin's signify?
7. Why do you think the town is so angry at Sethe?
8. What does the fact Stamp hears dead black people signify?
9. What does the red ribbon Stamp carries around symbolize?
10. What is a Sweet Home Man?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)