|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
(a) She has no one to play with.
(b) She has no one to tease.
(c) She has no one to talk to.
(d) She took pride in the way people feared her house.
2. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
(a) Her wedding dress
(b) Her scar
(c) Her gold necklace
(d) Her diamond earrings
3. How many years is its since Sethe's baby died?
(a) Five years
(b) Nine years
(c) Ten years
(d) Eight years
4. How long did the man say he would spend chiseling Sethe's daughters gravestone until he would charge for it?
(a) Ten minutes
(b) Five minutes
(c) One hour
(d) Twenty minutes
5. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
(a) Their work ethic
(b) Their opinion
(c) Their honesty
(d) Their humanity
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Denver have a secret spot where she can hide?
2. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
3. What is the name of Sethe's mother in-law?
4. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
5. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the seventh chapter show the horrors of slavery?
2. How has the ghost affected Sethe's life?
3. Why do you think Paul D is ready to accept the presence of a ghost in the house?
4. Why is Denver convinced that Beloved is her sister?
5. Why does Amy consider her self as low in the social scale as slaves when she is white?
6. Is Beloved falling apart like she says?
7. Why was Sethe so angry about the boys taking her milk?
8. Why does Paul question his manhood?
9. Why do you think Denver is so jealous of Paul D's presence?
10. Do you think it is important that Sethe's scar resembles a tree?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)