|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
(a) For swearing at his slave owner
(b) For trying to kill a man called Brandyman
(c) For killing cattle
(d) For having sex with a white woman
2. What is the name of Sethe's dog?
(a) Here Boy
3. Where does Paul D take Sethe and Denver?
(a) To a carnival
(b) To the theatre
(c) To a fun fair
(d) To the cinema
4. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
(a) To do it again
(b) If she can make a wish
(c) If she is hurt
(d) If she can give her the tooth
5. What does Beloved ask Denver about?
(b) Her birth
(c) Paul D
(d) Her hiding place
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baby Suggs teach?
2. Who pierced Sethe's ears?
3. Why did Halle break down?
4. What did Sethe tell Amy her real name was?
5. What does Denver ask Paul D?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amy consider her self as low in the social scale as slaves when she is white?
2. Why do you think Paul D keeps on saying "red heart"?
3. Why do you think Sethe's scar disgusts Paul D so much?
4. Do you think it is important that Sethe's scar resembles a tree?
5. Why is Denver convinced that Beloved is her sister?
6. Why do you think Denver is so jealous of Paul D's presence?
7. Why does Paul question his manhood?
8. Why do you think the town is so angry at Sethe?
9. Why is it significant that Beloved pulls out a tooth?
10. How is it significant that Baby Suggs preached in churches regardless of domination?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)