|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Sethe's mother?
(a) She was hung
(b) She was imprisoned
(c) She married a slave owner
(d) She ran away back to her homeland
2. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
(a) Yell or punish her daughter
(c) Enter her bedroom
(d) Sleep in the house
3. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
(b) Paul D
(c) Baby Suggs
4. How many other slaves is Paul D locked up with?
5. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
(a) She screams
(b) She runs to the outhouse
(c) She faints
(d) She vomits
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
2. Why did Halle break down?
3. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
4. Who owned Sweet Home?
5. What does Sethe remember Baby Suggs telling her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul call his tobacco tin his heart?
2. In the seventh chapter, Beloved chokes on a raisin, and again it is Denver who takes her upstairs. Why do you think at this point Denver is still so attentive towards Beloved's needs?
3. Why is it significant that Beloved pulls out a tooth?
4. What is a Sweet Home Man?
5. Why does Morrison use stream of consciousness in this chapter to express Sethe's thoughts?
6. Why does Amy consider her self as low in the social scale as slaves when she is white?
7. How has the ghost affected Sethe's life?
8. What dose Sethe mean when she says "Me, me"?
9. Why does Stamp ask about a woman he does not know?
10. In what way does the seventh chapter show the horrors of slavery?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)