|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
(a) She chokes
(b) She laughs
(c) She slaps Denver across the cheek
(d) She cries
2. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
3. How many of Baby Suggs' sons ran away?
4. Why does Sethe remember Howard?
(a) He had big cow like eyes.
(b) He had an oddly shaped head.
(c) He had a huge nose.
(d) He had a beaming smile.
5. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
(a) She vomits
(b) She faints
(c) She screams
(d) She runs to the outhouse
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Denver jealous of Paul D?
2. Who is the only person Beloved wants to give her attention to?
3. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
4. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
5. What is the address of Sethe's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Sweet Home Man?
2. Why is it significant that Beloved pulls out a tooth?
3. Why does Paul call his tobacco tin his heart?
4. Why do you think Paul D is ready to accept the presence of a ghost in the house?
5. Why do you think Denver is so jealous of Paul D's presence?
6. Is Beloved falling apart like she says?
7. Why is Denver convinced that Beloved is her sister?
8. What do you think Baby Suggs meant by giving up the war?
9. Why do you think Paul D says it is a bad idea for an ex-slave to love his children so much?
10. Why do think Paul thinks that Beloved is moving him around the house?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)