|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Halle smear on his face?
(a) Horse dung
2. What does Beloved wonder about herself?
(a) If her tooth will grow back
(b) How long she can stay together
(c) How old she is
(d) If she is really human
3. What does Beloved say it is like where she comes from?
4. What did Denver used to hide from?
(a) Her brother's fear
(b) Her mother's nagging
(c) Her stepfather's abuse
(d) Her slave owner's wrath
5. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
(a) He has fallen in love with Beloved
(b) He thinks Beloved is her dead daughter
(c) He wants to get married
(d) He wants to have a child with her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denver say she saw holding Sethe?
2. What does Beloved ask Denver about?
3. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
4. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
5. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D for casting the ghost out of her house?
2. Why do you think Paul D keeps on saying "red heart"?
3. Why do you think Sethe's scar disgusts Paul D so much?
4. What do you think Baby Suggs meant by giving up the war?
5. In what way does the seventh chapter show the horrors of slavery?
6. Why does Amy consider her self as low in the social scale as slaves when she is white?
7. Is Beloved falling apart like she says?
8. In the seventh chapter, Beloved chokes on a raisin, and again it is Denver who takes her upstairs. Why do you think at this point Denver is still so attentive towards Beloved's needs?
9. Why is it significant that Beloved pulls out a tooth?
10. Why do you think Mrs. Garner laughs at Sethe when she asks if she can have a proper wedding?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)